Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Talking Any ABWer door to door ?
    Just receive email today
    -------------
    Effective immediately, Time Warner Cable has decided to PROHIBIT their affiliates from particiating in door-to-door sales campaign. Affiliates must reserve all marketing strategies to online methods (i.e. search engine marketing, email campains, etc.). Anyone found in violation of this guideline will be terminated from the program.
    ---------------

just imagine ABWer door2door

i know some poeple that does a mix of offline marketing but not door to door
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

I think it would work for highly targeted campagns such as that cable tv one. Maybe door flyers would work for cell phones, or credit cards for college students, etc...

Not since I worked for the PIRGs...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    So if I knock on my neighbor's door - for a beer - and at some point say "You should go to my site and sign up for TW, I'd be in violation??

And they'd monitor this how? By trailing all their affiliates around??? LOLOL

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    or a step further:

"Hi, I'm Trixi, what's your name?"

"Hound"

"What Do YOU do...What do YOU do....Blah, Hound?"

"I sell stuff I don't have to people I don't know." (my favorite from that other thread.)

"Can I buy a toaster and cable from you?"

well, a toaster, yes, but not cable.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

just an aside - the time warner on CJ is NOT actually time warner, but a company that markets for them.

as for door to door - whatever works for some people, I guess.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    And they'd monitor this how?
    Have you seen Enemy of the State????
    Everything is being monitored...

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    maybe some bad actors were popping doorbells or overwriting address labels... :-)

i've seen this before, door hangers, flyers and local mailers - they likely want them all approved first because cable rates and therefore cable companies, are overseen by state and local governments and their rate changes are often a political process - disclaimers on their print ads are deep and are watched closely as well. they feel the need for tight controls i bet.

or my buddy ***** has got his hands on superior demographic data and set up his own phone tracking and is embarassing the big boy marketers with his one man ability to wreak havoc and jam their phone lines... picturing someone knocking (and sweating down here in Florida) does injustice to the sophistication that has become door-to-door marketing... like internet marketing, it's not so simple as yester year.

Sounds like they were worried that these door-to-door sales people acted like they WORKED for the cable company (a big no-no) and pretty much doing pressure tactics.

Thank god for the No Soliciting sign.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    I am glad yours works. Mine sure doesn't!

I do offline advertising on a couple of my sites, but I can't ever see myself going door to door. It's not a bad idea though..........

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Those were always among the best converting doors in my experience. I sort of assumed they bought the signs because they just couldn't say "no"...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

This totally ruins my plans for delivering pizza and dropping off fliers at the same time.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Door-to-door? That would require leaving the house...
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    Door-to-door? That would require leaving the house...
    You have to go outside sometimes. Even it's just to flash the neighbors.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Maybe put great deals in T'shirt will be good idea ...

cheap cabletv only $10
    visit www.blabla.com

anyone did this ?

One of the benefits of being in affiliate marketing is the ability to be a recluse and to avoid the plethora of dips that seem to occupy this planet. If I wanted to be a door-to-door salesman, I would be. Dealing with strangers face-to-face and bothering people at their homes is enough to send shivers down my spine. No thanks! This is a Term of Service I can deal with.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I would hate doing door-to-door. Really any confrontational selling is against my nature. That is why internet marketing is so great people come to us who are looking for products.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Any of you with young kids can give them some flyers to drop off while trick-or-treating.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Affnice
    just imagine ABWer door2door
    Yes, I can imagine something like that now!

It's too bad that on the 80's, I was not into affiliate marketing yet.

Because if I knew then, what I know now, well..... ( I would may have to take the fifth! today, but I quit that door to door after my first sale!) and I have no real regrets so far.

I'm going to make another secret confession here today!

Don't anyone ask me for the exact date, because even today on 2007, I am still the same, I won't get caught again, selling door to door, pulling my shirt under my pants, and much less selling another product door to door ever again.

But if anyone wants to know, at that time I went thru the entire BS fake training of how to lie to the people that open the door, and say that it would only take 15 minutes to do the whole demo, of why they need to buy that gadget, in order to live a longer healthy life, when I knew that it would take at least 1hr to do the whole demo.

I'm not going to expose the old whole deal here, but...... Is anyone here that went thru the entire Kirby vacuum cleaner sales training here before?

At the time I took the classes, there was a $90.00 commission for any vacuum cleaner that was sold under my effort, but when I decided to quit after my first check, they toll me that if I become a group handler (pimp), that I would get halve of the money of everyone else's sale, so at that time I just say Sayonara!

---------

But if then was now, I would just say to the to the first people that open the door, look..... this vacuum cleaner really sucks, but here is my card with my other sites, in case you do shop online and like to save some time and money!

This Kirby vacuum cleaner really sucks all the mites out of your bed, but if you really want to suck it all, just compare my other suckers on my site: ItSucksEverything.[com] (note: I put that name like that, becuse maybe by now, that may be a real domain url).

Mr. Sal "I'm going to make another secret confession here today!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too.
    I got caught up doing NuSkin (I can't even remember if that is the right spelling).. but it was awfullllllllllllll. Everybody's skin broke out who used the product, but I had to convince them that it was part of the cleansing process. Once you finished dealing with acne for 3 months, your skin would look like baby skin. And to make sure it got cleansed you had buy $50 mud to put on it. Of course it was special volcanic mud...(omg!) Talk about a hard sell! Nobody lasted through the three months including me.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

http and a telephoto
    Affiliates must reserve all marketing strategies to online methods (i.e. search engine marketing, email campains, etc.). Anyone found in violation of this guideline will be terminated from the program.
    This is the part that bothers me, no I wouldn't do door to door, but offline advertising to drive sales online is one method I support. I wouldn't like to see many merchants adopting this policy.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    So if I knock on my neighbor's door - for a beer - and at some point say "You should go to my site and sign up for TW, I'd be in violation??

And they'd monitor this how? By trailing all their affiliates around??? LOLOL

I was wondering how you got to be so successful, and now I know: You get all your neighbors drunk and talk them into buying yachts and such from your sites.

Another post for the best practices thread!!!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I think they're talking about direct marketing of their product. I don't see how a merchant can restrict how you market your own site (as long as you're not doing anything unethical).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Any of you with young kids can give them some flyers to drop off while trick-or-treating.
    Better yet, hand them out with your candy and give them to the kids when they come to your door.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast