How to find actual products that sold?
    Activity detail shows me what the sale amount was and what the commission generated is, but I can't seem to find a link to what the product was that sold.

Is there any easy way to figure this out?

Thanks!

-- Racer

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hi Racer,
    The affiliate manager would be the best person to check with to see exactly what sold. In general, that level of data isn't reported back to us (ShareASale). Sorry!

Contacting the affiliate manager seems like a roundabout way to discover what items are selling on my website. If I can't get ahold of an AM either thru email or by phone for some reason, then I can't tweak my site's content until I do.

LS and CJ offer some form of item-level reporting and so does Perf. I understand there are infrastructure changes necessary to offer this kind of detail, but I'm interested in knowing if SAS has plans to make this available to affiliates in the near future.

-- Racer

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    If you are looking to tie campaign information to a sale, you can do that through ShareASale by appending the afftrack= parameter to any of your tracking links. More info on that can be found here. As for deep product level information, that is generally best attained from the merchant directly.
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Carolyn took the words right out of my mouth. The afftrack variable is your best bet. It can be used for a lot of things, including telling you exactly which link referred the sale, if not the specific product/s sold.

I believe SAS could capture productID on datafeed links, but again, that would only give you the referring product rather than what was sold.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

We don't run campaigns per se. We basically showcase a product and then end up either selling that product or others, since the showcased product sets the cookie which tracks for all sales on a merchant's site.

Even if you use the afftrack parameter, you still run the risk as I describe above, where people navigate off that link and onto something else which doesn't get tracked (meaning I can't see what exactly sold), correct? I still get credit for the sale, but I don't know what exactly sold.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I would love to know exactly what sold on my site, too. Would certainly give us an advantage in knowing what our visitors actually want to buy and are looking for.

Boils down to more transparency, which I think is vital in a relationship based on "trust." Same for affs hiding all their sites but that's another story.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

The lack of the sold item level reports is the one area that I'm continually surpirsed and annoyed that SAS don't cover. The afftrack thing has its uses but this is not one of them. If I'm promoting a red widget and most people end up buying the blue one ... then having an afftrack id of "redwidget" is really of negative use. I need to know that the blue one is the one people are buying. Yes, if I'm doing enough business with a particular merchant, I can ask for info from the AM but I don't want to be emailing them every week to ask what I've been selling. And I'm very sure that AMs don't want an email every time someone sells something to ask what the sale actually was.

Sue.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread