Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I personally just don't believe it.

Monday deadline looms for agreement on Iraq

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    I personally just don't believe it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And why not??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>...225,000 US and more than 40,000 British troops massed mainly in and around Kuwait. A total of 1,000 warplanes and 130 warships are also in place to join any attack.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They ain't there to buy ice cream!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    All of a sudden I get the urge to play Civilization...

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    &gt;All of a sudden I get the urge to play Civilization...

Damn! Thanks! Now I'm going to waste the next 16 hours!

I just wish the existence of that game could be wiped from my meory banks. It's WAY too addictive.

Hmmm. Now I know how Dubbya feels. :^)

But seriously, what are everyone's thought of the actual time the first cruise missle hit their targets? They're saying Monday night deadline, and Tuesday start.

I reckon it'll be 5pm EST deadline, which is 5am in Iraq. Too close to daylight to begin?

When did they begin the attack in the Gulf War?

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Google got me the answer.

3am local time.

http://www.sci.fi/~fta/strike-91.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> But seriously, what are everyone's thought of the actual time the first cruise missle hit their targets? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they'll wait until Sadaam's gone to bed.

Are you guys watching the news?

from the experience when Gulf War was happening.

I keep my tv on and keep watching the news.

I was told to do so to keep up and be ready!

How about you? How do you deal with time like this?

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How about you? How do you deal with time like this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An occasional click over to cnn.com.

Perhaps surprisingly, checking stats is also a good indicator! Big events during the day always cause a huge anomoly in the stats, as people gravitate to their TVs and off of the Net.

Having the TV on all the time would drive me nuts, so that's out. I'm not all that concerned if I get that particular news a bit later than the rest of the place, anyway. It's not like there's anything I can do about a war starting! So it'll stay off until I see on CNN.com or elsewhere that something's actually happening. And it'll go back off really quick unless they're showing something absolutely compelling like live coverage--from the battlefields!

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

i don't trust the tv news, they'll just be piping through the us propaganda, like in the gulf war.. half the 'facts' they reported were fiction.. plus there are all those awful ads.. war reports sponsored by i can't believe it's not butter spray

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So it'll stay off until I see on CNN.com or elsewhere that something's actually happening. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If it's anything like 9-11, CNN.com will be under the equivalent of a DOS attack. Before the second plane struck, all the news sites were swamped. Yahoo hit me back with 500s. After the second plane hit, everything was fast as lightning as the majority went to the television for live coverage.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>i don't trust the tv news, they'll just be piping through the us propaganda, like in the gulf war.. half the 'facts' they reported were fiction.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You prefer the "Naked Lunch" as opposed to the sugar-coated garbage on the end of the "Long Newspaper Spoon"?
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>plus there are all those awful ads.. war reports sponsored by i can't believe it's not butter spray<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Reminds me of Signs:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This crop circle thing is just a ploy to sell soda! Ha! Number 12! 12 Soda Commercials in the last hour!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope Comedy Central provides some releif in the form of SNL and South Park reruns. If not, I have my Beavis and Butthead DVD set. I look forward to The Onion's satire.

ABW Ambassador
    How will it affect sales?

Maybe, I will sale a lot of protection spell kits and amulets, ya think?

Bet I COULD sell a lot of ice cream there right now.

Anybody for opening a frachise? I think it would be a money maker for sure. Want to bankroll it, Haiko? I think it is a winning concept.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    Possibly...

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hmmm....UN inpectors are being pulled out as of today. Maybe there's a bit of a clue in that?

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:
    How will it affect sales?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More importantly ... How will this affect us all?

</font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    Maybe, I will sale a lot of protection spell kits and amulets, ya think?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I realize your joking ... I find such jocularity in poor taste, respectfully. Men and women will die, let us not demean that, in any manner. As I see it, we all our religions to help guide us through this mess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Bet I COULD sell a lot of ice cream there right now.

Anybody for opening a franchise? I think it would be a money maker for sure. Want to bankroll it, Haiko? I think it is a winning concept.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish I could think about a franchise oppty in these time SSanf, unfortunately ...

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    I wasn't joking, C. Pavlovski started a good thread about the economic impacts of this, and it got hijacked by all the anti-war anti-americans vs. the war mongering americans. I'm curious about affects on the economy and affiliate marketing in particular. Maybe this is the wrong thread, sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wasn't joking, C. Pavlovski started a good thread about the economic impacts of this, and it got hijacked by all the anti-war anti-americans vs. the war mongering americans. I'm curious about affects on the economy and affiliate marketing in particular. Maybe this is the wrong thread, sorry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an interesting question. The knee jerk response would be that sales would go down as people won't be shopping as much. I dont know if I agree with that. What we're concerned with is not overall sales, but affiliate sales. I would think that people would be less likely to venture out to stores during the war, so perhaps that means more online shopping. And thus us affiliates are ok.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

I bow to your obviously superior sensitivities.
    You must, no doubt, be the finer person, as all can plainly see.

As demonstrated by my past posts, I just don't have the grasp of the seriousness of all this that you do. I count myself lucky that someone with your virtues is here to set me straight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wish I could think about a franchise oppty in these time <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Understood why you would wish that. There will be many who do seize the economic opportunity presented and be the richer for it. Among them will be many affiliate marketers. In fact, those who have been building pages with flags and patriotic do-dads are probably about to cash in.

[This message was edited by SSanf on March 17, 2003 at 02:53 AM.]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Tuesday ..just in time for the 6PM news.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

OK, I'm anti-war but not anti-american, but the sales question is interesting, although obviously the human issues are far more important.

I suspect there'll be increased sales of comfort products (e.g. cookies) and products for use in an emergency.

I imagine people will put off large purchases until they see how things work out. Fewer vacations, less expenditure on large luxuries like golf equipment (partly an economic issue, partly a feeling that a new set of clubs shouldn't be a priority right now).

More outlay on books, videos etc. about religion, war, geography and history.

Just brainstorming...

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Tune in your TV at 8 pm EST and you'll probably have a better idea as of when.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Ssanf,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I personally just don't believe it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately it's time to believe it. The diplomacy has ended.

It was posible to reach some kind of agreement until France decided to take the presure off of Suddam by letting him know that he has all the time in the world and they will Veto ANYTHING that is put on the table. They gave him a reason to not comply and he jumped on it. A BIG WTG France

Saddam is now scrambling. He knows his time is up. He just issued a statement stating at one time they did have weapons of mass destruction but no longer do. Unfortunately not a good enough reply and not the truth. IMO when the President speaks tonight he will give Suddam one last chance to leave the country to avoid a war. I don't see him leaving but there is still that last bit of hope that he will. Flame Away All!

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see an attack (at least an invasion) happening for the next couple of weeks: it's a full moon.

BUT, the first couple of weeks could just be to knock out any radar/spotlights/power plants to make sure the US has the advantage of a completely darkened sky when the invasion starts.

my God!

how's it gonna feel when the first body bags start arriving home?

my sister's got a son over there.

God help us!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast