ABW Ambassador
    So Who Bought Mac Leopard?
    Reading about all kinds of problems. Blue screens of death, compatibility problems, won't run latest version of java etc.

Just was going thru some articles:

http://news.google.com/news?sourceid...=1&sa=N&tab=wn

Apple's Leopard rejects latest version of Java

Expect The Worst With Your Leopard Upgrade

Leopard bites some early adopters

Leopard: 2nd take reveals iMac video issues

Apple acknowledges some Leopard installation problems

Leopard with chinks in its armour - A second look at the Mac OS X Leopard firewall

Jeez, was just checking out the Apple Forum:

http://discussions.apple.com/categor...categoryID=235
    Last edited by Trust; October 29th, 2007 at 05:12 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, also just read that there are several adware applications and desktop widgets just for Macs on the Apple site. Trying to find out more on that/specifics.

I bought it and installed it for two macs here, and plan to do it for the rest. No problems with installation and really like it. Even the transparent menu bar.

Now I can go ahead and buy a couple of macs I have been waiting to buy, though the macbook will hold off until after tomorrow at least.

Love the iChat, not so much the stacks, but good speed on my intel based mac.

Not that anybody cares about my opinion on the matter just answering the question.

I got it on Friday with the rest of the insane-mac-world.

Upgrade on my old Powerbook G4 went horribly. I ended up wiping it out and starting fresh. I could have fought with it and salvaged everything, but the system is really just a traveling clone of my desktop, so no big deal. I actually liked the idea of cleaning out 5 years of crap.

The upgrade on my wife's Powerbook went smoothly, as did my Intel iMac desktop.

While I tend to be lax about it, I highly recommend a fresh backup of at least data. A fully workng bootable external drive clone of my desktop is what gave me the confidence to upgrade my desktop.

While the upgrades were a little stressful, I really like the new OS. Besides the big new features, there are lots of little things. And it's faster in lots of areas.

I was at the apple store today, and one guy said to the Apple store guy, dude you sold me vista with an Apple logo he brought his imac to the genius bar because it blue screened on him and wouldn't go to the next step for nearly 8 hours so he just unpluged it and brought it in

We keep all our data on network drives so the machines themselves are basically workstations that can be reformated, reloaded or have just about anything done to them without worry of any major loss.

When Windows XP is getting cranky it helps just to wipe it and fresh install. Bill should have made a lobotomizer install option.

No blue screens on the Mac running solid as a rock so far. Still haven't got to play with everything yet, but work has been done on them.

Heard good things so far, beyond the normal upgrade issues. Here's the most in depth review I've seen yet:

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/mac-os-x-10-5.ars
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread