http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...can_death_dc_2

Possibly a bulldozer paid by American taxpayers. That's really sad!

tip - don't stand in front of an israeli army bulldozer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spacewar:
    tip - don't stand in front of an israeli army bulldozer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's very compassionate of you for a fellow American!

I'm not an American, but I have spent time in Israel and how could someone be so stupid...

I don't think that she was stupid. I think she was courageous and tried to prevent some poor palestinians home from being illegaly demolished. That proves to me that there are still some americans who care about what happens outside they're back yard.

Open your mind before you open your mouth, for ignorance is the
    downfall of man."

I'm totally shocked.

Even more because this is a situation I thought 100% of reasonable people would be against the israeli driver, instead I come here and read "don't stand in front of an israeli bulldozer".

Frankly I think everything is upside down, where will this end?

Suddenly the unarmed girl is wrong and the murderer is right.

Yes I too find it very hard to believe that people are sideing with the murder in this case.
    So you think the palestinians should just move away and let the buldosers run over their homes and what little belongings they have. I think that they are in every right to fight the agresion and I admire the way Rachel stood up for them the way almost nobody has done till now.

downfall of man."

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DreamMaster:
    and I admire the way Rachel stood up for them the way almost nobody has done till now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes. Look where that got her. Was it *really* worth it?
    The loss of a young life for a building (which was probably destroyed anyway). That's not right. I'm not saying it's right, but surely she knew the risks.

I don't know if it was "really" worth it for Rachel but for palestinians who loose they're homes, have they're family member killed and live in total poverty such acts of solidarity specialy from an american brings a lot of hope and somewhat improves the image that they have of americans. And I am proud of the way Rachel stood up for her believes and actually did something instead of talking and doing nothing like most people do.

downfall of man."

The killing this lady is wrong!

but my thougths is what is really behind the story?

Sometimes News don't tell the whole story and sometimes they cover what really happen.

Smart or stupid thing on what happen to her is still a sad thing that this is happening and those people are suppering because the leaders of countries like theirs are power hungry!

Bush might be wrong, but I don't think he would do such a thing like Saddam and other leader like him on his own people!

Because American people can fight back and will stick together (including people that is not an Americans) to make sure that stuff like what is happening in other country wouldn't happen here!

U.S. are not perfect by all means, but people here have more freedom than other country.

Americans sign up in the military and they understand what their duty is!

It's not a job in the military it's A DUTY as an United States Arm Forces

they are goverment property and no one elses,
    not even their own family have any say so!

We civilians don't know all the (maybe some knows!) real story or what is really going on and the news is there to give us something but not all!

I just hope and pray that this (if it happens) war happen it will be short, just like Gulf War.

Prayers and be close to your loveones is more important right now!

it's very scary and this is very serious matter
    and I hope we all be safe!

ABW is a community for all and it will be sad for me to hear anyone here is in the country that would be affected of this war.

God Bless us All.

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

Nobody is comparing Bush to Saddam, but the fact he's already being compared to him can only mean he's leveled with a terrible dictator. He could have done this in a much more sensible, intelligent way. He chose war.

Now all we can do is pray, pray for the innocent, and wish it all ends soon.

Most troops are young americans amazed at the technology and the excitement. The moment they see the dead children, the moment they hear the screams of the innocent they're killing and the horrors of war, their buddies with parts of their bodies missing, the babies charred, the amazing destruction they bring they come back to the US and become Timothy McVeigh - an elite trooper who witnessed the horrors of the gulf war and killed americans in retaliation.

That is the only thing that'll come of this war - more retaliation, more war, more money for the Bush supporters.

WHY ARE YOU EVEN HAVING THIS DICUSSION?

They, whose house was demolished, are the terrorists, they blow up innocent people at cluns, riding the bus, and other public events and your concerned with one moronic peace activist who was in the way of bulldozer trying to do its job.

I can't wait to read this board and see what you guys have to say when one of these terrorist go into your supermarket or a similiar public place and blow themselves and 25 others up..........then it will be justified because it happened to us, RIGHT?

Israel's Jewish population is under 5 million. On a percentage basis, each bus bombing, each club bombing kills more people than the World Trade Center....think about that the next time you hear a story about a nut in front of a bulldozer or anything else

YOU MAKE IT SEEM LIKE THEY DO IT FOR ENJOYMENT!

HAPPY PURIM!

MoneyChaser,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Most troops are young americans amazed at the technology and the excitement. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me add a little to that. Most US troops are scared Sheetless about what is ahead of them right now. Most US troops don't want to go and kill another person. Most US troops were hoping for a peaceful sollution. Most US troops are wondering if they will see their wives, husbands and children again. Most US troops are praying they don't fugg up in the midst of war and panic and be the one that fires upon the wrong target.

Most US troops are praying the Iraqi's lay down their arms so they don't have to kill them or be killed.

Most US troops want to liberate and give the Iraqi's a better chance for a decent life of freedom from a dictator that spends billions of dallars on his palaces while the poor children are starving and dying. Thats just a few extra's about what most US troops are thinking right now.

Most troops also know what they have to do right now and will do what they have been trained to do. Yes, I am proud of our American troops and they are in my thoughts. The Iraqi people are also in my thoughts and in MOST Americans thoughts.

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

As for Isreal, everytime there is an ounce of hope for peace Hamas and the other terrorist groups make sure they put a stop to it. Hamas and the like does not want peace. Isreal finally got smart and started targeting the right people by going after their leaders.

The Palestinians don't deserve what is happening to them but niether do the Isrealis. The terrorism has to be stopped.

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The terrorism has to be stopped.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

I think this is sick! What kind of person could run a woman over intentionally with a bulldozer. Why wasn't she arrested and removed by force?

I think the United States needs to rethink it's policy with Isreal. I'm not so sure if all of this war and hatred towards our country is worth protecting Isreal for.

I still don't like Iraq though.

"Nobody is comparing Bush to Saddam, but the fact he's already being compared to him can only mean he's leveled with a terrible dictator. "

I think you and a couple of others here that are from "other" countries have tried to make this comparison - that is all. Don't make it seem as though it is fact. It is not.

As for Rachel, it is a terrible shame. Although her cause may be just, it was her choice - anyone rational can see that. A man jumps in from of a speeding truck - do we try the driver for murder?

SamBay, what country did you say you were from?

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

Heyder's post reminds me of another point.

DO NOT think for a moment that because our (U.S.) government sends support to Israel, that all or even many Americans agree with it.

Remember, it was GWB who was the first President to use the term Palestine. GWB has also made a very strong push to have Arafat removed from his position, in order to get the peace process moving forward again. A peace process that has also been spearheaded by the US.

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

This killing accident is very unfortunate, but the Bulldozer driver probably didn’t have a chance to see her (this machine is much bigger than a tank). Moreover, operating in a war zone (yes, this is a WAR between Israel and Palestine) – he and fellow soldiers are always under fire. It is no place for civilians!
    Reading this thread, it is clear that some do not realize that it is a war out there in Israel. As usual, it takes the world much longer to understand the real situation and see the big picture. Luckily, Bush DO UNDERSTAND.
    Bush knows that Iraq poses a clear and present danger to the US, even if it has not yet done a thing to harm the US.
    BTW, it took Israel 10 years to figure this out regarding the Palestine, and they still have not acted (i.e. remove Arafat).

And last but certainly not the least – We are very lucky that Israel bombed the Iraqi nuclear reactor in the 80’. The entire world was Very angry with Israel, but this was one of the smartest decisions ever maid!

God bless America.

In the Palestinian case the word "TERRORIST" is in the eye of the beholder.

The way Palestinian people fight back may seem terrostic because they got no other choice but to blow themselves up. Yes, it's very sad to see a school bus of Israeli kids die, and I feel sorry for them.

But, the Palestinians do not have aircrafts, rockets, helicopters and bulldozers that Israelis have.

Of course. Terrorism must stopped. All kinds of it. Including Israeli terrorism that kill little Palestinian kids, not by blowing tehmselves up per se, but with TomHawk missiles.

I hope Bush Admn, has really has the intentions to helpo Iraqi people, with least amount of casualties. And I hope they stabilize the region, and then try to bring these to nations, Israelis and Palestinians, into a peaceful resolution because it also affects many agendas in the world.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The way Palestinian people fight back may seem terrostic because they got no other choice but to blow themselves up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, PLANT a bomb and get away?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yes, it's very sad to see a school bus of Israeli kids die, and I feel sorry for them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That kind of targeting is also counterproductive (because it p*sses off the enemy and raises their will to FIGHT) and militarily pretty much useless! Don't they know beans about TACTICS?! How about infrastructure that the opposing army uses? Or don't they have what it takes to sneak sabateurs into those positions?

As for the general lack of American sympathy toward Palestinians:

In the US the image of a schoolbus full of kids getting blown up, will always trump the image of some terrorist getting his house wrecked. It's awful PR for the Palestinians whenever Isreal's civilians are blown up but simply GREAT for drawing sympathy to Isreal! An ad agency could not do better for promoting Isreal's cause. Isreali rocket attacks, etc., are seen by many here (probably most) as justifiable retribution for apparently random attacks by Palestinians against "innocent civilians".

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

What Leader said, and it should be just as easy for them to target military leaders instead of all of the public places that they seem to love. How can anyone who calls himself human blow up a bus full of kids, no matter what their nationality, and who is teaching these people that it's okay?
    Everything is in the eye of the beholder, that's how we have so many different view points, such as the ones that are comparing Bush to Sadaam, give me a break. Most of these threads talking about the war aren't even worth reading. And to suggest that any American troops are excited is just plain ludicris(sp?).
    America is trying to get rid of a dictator that kills his own people, promotes terrorism, and is a threat to a lot of people. We will then help Iraq rebuild and become a better nation. What will we get? More terrorist attacks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qball©:
    How can anyone who calls himself human blow up a bus full of kids, no matter what their nationality, and who is teaching these people that it's okay?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> A variety of fanatics suck them into a web of delusion, probably bending their minds from birth, but it's Saddam that pays $25K to the widowed families of the suicide bombers. So the fanatics probably keep them in poverty, then dangle the Saddam $25K carrot in front of them as their time draws near, so they'll have no more doubts about killing themselves - a real sick circle. At least the financing arm of it will be history in 30 something hours.

What often gets lost in this agrument is history.

Historical Fact:
    The original U.N. plan for a seperate Israel and Palestine vanished because the neighboring Arab nations attacked Israel.

Historical Fact:
    Arafet signed a treaty with Israel exchanging land for peace, but then renegged on the treaty. Rather than stopping terrorism, Arafet continued (and still does) pays the families of sucide bombers.

Historical Fact:
    The PLO tried to overthrow the Jordanian government.

Historical Fact:
    The Palestian government has never recognized the Israeli's government right to exist.

Historical Fact:
    Arafet's government has continously supported terrorism and has engaged in corruption over and over again rather than acting for the true benefit of Palestians.

NetSweat.com - The Internet's Fitness Resource
    www.netsweat.com

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread