Best Call to Action ?
    I just want to know
    what is best calling action for visitor in affiliate link ?

Buy This Item ... or maybe ... Click Here for More Info about this item

what do you think ?

thanks

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Affnice
    I just want to know
    what is best calling action for visitor in affiliate link ?

Buy This Item ... or maybe ... Click Here for More Info about this item

what do you think ?

thanks
    It depends on the aff link and other variables, as well as what other information it may include. If it does not include a specific price / description in the link, you might try "Purchase this item at a special price" or "click here for special savings" etc, or some similar variable that attracts the visitor and arouses curiosity. There are many variables that might apply depending on the type site you are featuring the link on, what kind of description or information is included etc, so one call to action is not always the best for all sites. But given the limited information you provided here, this one came to mind. Hope it helps.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Completely varies based on product, vertical, price point, competition, brand awareness, etc...

Your best bet is to test a few different messages and see which produce the best metrics. To do so, create the same exact banners and sub them in for a popular one you have, every week or every other week, sub in the same banner but with a different call to action. You'll start to see which ones work the best for your product/service. It takes time and testing.

The word "Free" always helps if you can back up that statement and not leave them feeling taken

Phil Andrews
    Affiliate Program Manager

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Click Here to go to [merchant site] and buy [product x]"

and variations thereof. Regardless of what information is/isn't on your site.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I'll agree to disagree. We've tested numerous call to action messages on various sites and some are more productive than others based on certain variables. But hey AffNice, you ask a question, you get different opinions. So do some testing and go with what works best for you.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I should make clear that there should be links in the sentence I proposed. Just in case someone thinks that sentence would work without links...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    We've tested numerous call to action messages on various sites
    So have I, and good-old Click Here/Merchant Name (and variants thereof) has always been the winner. The exact words used may vary depending on the overall tone of the page, but that's the clear meaning.

I did note "and variants thereof" in my other post. The exact wording varies, but it's a formula. Somewhere in the call-to-action, I'm going to tell them 1) To click, 2) to buy, and 3) where they'll end up when they click. If I miss any of these, the conversion ratio drops.

Another thing I found from my tests:
    "Info" based calls ("more info" and the like) came in dead last for selling. They got loads of clicks, but the conversions stank.

"Click Here" almost always seems to work for me. It's clear, concise and points your readers exactly where you want them to go. For me, anyway.

M

Outsourced Program Manager paladin's Avatar
    Test, test and more tests. As you can see from the discussion the results will vary based on many factors including your visitor profile, time of year, merachant type and more.

The ideal would be to test different variations at the same time, not just 1 week variation 1 and then the next week variation 2. The reason is that if you go with the second option the time of year changes which may invalidate your results.

If you don't have the programming resources to create such tests on your own there are a few 3rd party options out there:

1. Google's Website Optimizer (http://services.google.com/websiteoptimizer/)
    2. Offermatica (http://www.offermatica.com/)
    3. SiteSpect (http://www.sitespect.com/)

These are just a few of the option. They range in price and functionality, each with its advantages and disadvantages on your specific needs.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread