WORKING WITH CJ - Should we switch or stick it out -please advise
    Just wondering what other people hve experinced with CJ. Our company has been treated a lot like they really dont care (maybe I'm sensitive). We have been working with them for just about two months now and we have a campaign manager they charge us $5000 per month for. So far they have been difficult to work with on integration with out shopping cart, pixel codes (we asked them a question about the pixel code they said we dont supply coding support) kinda funny cuase when we got to the point of adding them into our shopping cart - I hd to walk the lady over there step by step through the concept of session variables -pretty funny they didnt mind the coding help -lol. Bottom line should I switch to shareasale. Do you think they will treat us like they want our business - will it cost us 15,000 is two months to get 5 leads.

Is this how it is in the start with the big boys like CJ - will it be worth it in the long run? We have worked with a few different smaller networks with no drama at all on different products - but we thought this is something everyone will want so lets try a larger network to rech more folks. Will it get better???

ABW Ambassador
    Looks to me you already invested your time and money setting up with CJ. Make it work.

You may want to reevaluate the $5000 a month campaign manager fee if you feel it is not worth (seems like it based on what you are saying).

CJ has larger set of affiliates and if you can make your program work that may play out well in the long term IMO

Quote Originally Posted by DWH4L3
    Just wondering what other people hve experinced with CJ. Our company has been treated a lot like they really dont care (maybe I'm sensitive). We have been working with them for just about two months now and we have a campaign manager they charge us $5000 per month for. So far they have been difficult to work with on integration with out shopping cart, pixel codes (we asked them a question about the pixel code they said we dont supply coding support) kinda funny cuase when we got to the point of adding them into our shopping cart - I hd to walk the lady over there step by step through the concept of session variables -pretty funny they didnt mind the coding help -lol. Bottom line should I switch to shareasale. Do you think they will treat us like they want our business - will it cost us 15,000 is two months to get 5 leads.

Is this how it is in the start with the big boys like CJ - will it be worth it in the long run? We have worked with a few different smaller networks with no drama at all on different products - but we thought this is something everyone will want so lets try a larger network to rech more folks. Will it get better???
    I'm not a merchant, but in my experience as an affiliate SAS offers better, more personal support. I also understand it's cheaper to start up and run an affiliate program with them compared to CJ. Your best bet is to contact SAS directly, let them know what you need, and I'm sure they'll work with you to get your campaign up and running.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by DWH4L3
    Just wondering what other people hve experinced with CJ. Our company has been treated a lot like they really dont care (maybe I'm sensitive). We have been working with them for just about two months now and we have a campaign manager they charge us $5000 per month for.
    It sounds like your campaign isn't running yet? Why are you paying a campaign manager when there isn't anything to manage at this point?

You might consider dropping the cj manager and hiring an outside program manager, an opm, that is familiar with the cj system. They will be more attentive to your needs and can offer advice on using other networks.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    I agree, you took the time to build the program and pay the slotting fee's to get into CJ. So invest the time to recruit your affiliate partners. When the program grows you can add shareasale. But first prove the business model out to build a successful affiliate sales channell.

good luck.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Wow thank you for the well thought responses.

You might consider dropping the cj manager and hiring an outside program manager, an opm, that is familiar with the cj system. They will be more attentive to your needs and can offer advice on using other networks.
    Can you give me some advice on how to go about hiring an outside Manager or opm - what would be some guidlines as to average cost for such a person. Are there any that work on a proformance basis?

Thank you

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread