Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Is Brett Favre Over The Hill?
    For several years sportscasters have predicted that each year would be the last year that Brett Favre played football. He would retire, go back to Kiln, Ms. and farm!

In the event you missed last night's performance, this soon to be retired (per the sportscasters) over the hill (38 year-old) quarterback pulled off an 82 yard touchdown pass play as the first play from scrimmage in over time for a win.

As a Life long Packer fan, I have to admire someone that has taken a team with limited talent and brought them to a 6-1 record at this time of the season.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I wish my Dolphins had an Over The Hill quarterback.

Still amazed by Brett. Every time I watch him. Man, he loves that game...

Donuts: Aaron Brooks might be of SOME assistance to the Dolphins. Not much, but some.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmoore
    In the event you missed last night's performance, this soon to be retired (per the sportscasters) over the hill (38 year-old) quarterback pulled off an 82 yard touchdown pass play as the first play from scrimmage in over time for a win.
    As a Chicago-girl, I am absolutely NOT a Cheezhead. However, I was screaming when I saw that pass. Unfrigginlievable!

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Yeah...or an over-the-hill anything else for that matter

*fleeeee*

He can climb over my hill anytime. Go Packers!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    As a Chicago-girl, I am absolutely NOT a Cheezhead. However, I was screaming when I saw that pass. Unfrigginlievable!
    I am hoarse today from screaming my lungs out in celebration with that pass. My first thought when he chucked the ball with all he had was "no way in hell". When it was caught, I almost fell off the couch. LOL. That was absolutely amazing.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

he looks great. when i watch him, he totally reminds me of tony romo

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    When these guys start to talk about Brett being over the hill, I always internally chuckle...If you look around the league, who else is really out there as a tru franchise QB? Brady? Manning? It's sad but true.

What most teams in the NFL need to consider is the value of a veteran QB vs. a rookie. It's a fact that almost 90% of the QB's that go into the NFL never make it, therefore when you have a franchise player like Brett F., I hate to say it, but owners need to maximize his talent as long as they can becuase they don't know when the next Bret Favre will come around...

Look at Miami..prime example...

However, our coach didnt do a good job during the draft which is another issue all together...

I feel you Donuts, right there with you...
    Last edited by Leader; October 30th, 2007 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Changed real-name reference
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboysfan
    he looks great. when i watch him, he totally reminds me of tony romo

No offense, but I dont know about that...
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Donuts...Does the name Vinnie Testaverde ring a bell. He is back slinging the ball and could have been the man for Miami!

ABW Ambassador
    That was a great ending last night. What the Packers need to do, is find a running game, they are last in that department. And quickly. Should be priority for next year since I think with the way Brett is playing, he'll play at least another year.

And Romo does remind me a lot of Brett and Romo was a big fan of him playing football himself in Wisconsin growing up.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Yep, Brett loves the game, that's for sure. He looked good last night to me, so I'd put the wheel chair aside for now. As for the Dolphins, we cut Jake Plummer this year - so make him an offer and then gift wrap the footballs he uses so the cornerbacks appreciate all the balls he throws them.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Favre shows that the best times often come when all hope is lost. Just look at the last couple of years. Four wins 2 years ago, and .500 last year. Now that the offense is getting more and more used to each other, they play great together. It was never his fault but they just needed more time as a team.

-sfcom

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Wow, all these Brett Favre fans!

I wanted him back this year even if he was washed up - he brings a lot of excitement and fun to the game. Obviously he is not washed up - he leads the NFL in passing yards now.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Well, our Ravens do have an Over The Hill quarterback - but he is NO Brett Favre. (Good ol' "Air" Mcnair has become known as "Medicare" McNair. Sorry )

Brett Favre is far from being Over The Hill. At 38 he still has skill, talent, and most of all, class. Might not go all the way, but the Pack Is Back.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

It is obvious that Brett is far from over the hill, however the media would like to portray him as such. If that is over the hill...lead me there. This is one of his best years in the past few and he continues to do big things with, pretty much, an unknown supporting cast. Through the first six games of the season, there was no running game so the weight of the offense was on the arm of Brett Farve. I believe a true challenge is going to be when the Packers play Dallas. This has always been a game that borders on harsh rivalry and this year will be no exception. Tony Roma (billed in many circles as a young Brett Farve) will meet the old man himself and this could prove as exciting as the days when Tom Landry was coaching the Cowboys and George Allen was coaching the Redskins...it could be a real game of chess.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    (Good ol' "Air" Mcnair has become known as "Medicare" McNair. Sorry )
    HAHAHAHAHA, Beachy that made me laugh out loud. good stuff right there. That poor guy has been injury prone for years. Only thing about him is that he plays through every injury and pretty well. I have a ton of respect for "Medicare" Mcnair. Unfortunately he is on his last medicare check, as I think/hope for his own good, that he retires after this year.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Too bad the Packs didn't make it...oh well I hope they could give Brett another ring.

He had a great yeard but he proved to be the real Brett "The Interception King" Favre in another playoff game.

I won't miss him if he does retire.

I will miss him, not because I am a Packer fan, but because he is a terrific role model for his team mates and our children.

Beating the Giants would have been nice.

John
    Respectfully,

John

----------------------------------------------
    work = Initiate Demand
    passion = Global Ground Work

The Green Bay Packers must have done something right this year. Mike McCarthy was named Coach of the Year and Brett added more hardware by being named Fedex Air Player of the year. Would have been nice to have seen them in Arizona, but there is always another year.

ABW Ambassador

Well, good for him. He's had a 17 year career and it's been a good one. I always liked his style and his attitude. Congratulations are in order, for sure.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    It is a sad day. I loved watching Brett Favre play football. I'm glad he had a all-pro season as his last. I feel like even though he didn't win the superbowl this year, he is still going out on top.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast