Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Need some feedback

  1. #1
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    Need some feedback
    Since our year supply of contact lenses page has been so succesful converting orders and increasing average order size, I wanted to test another landing page this month.

    I thought we'd push something out to the couponers. Could I get some feedback on the new page here via PM or posting here:

    http://www.aclens.com/contact-lens-coupons.asp

    What should change? What are the strong/weak points?

    I think spelling out how to redeem coupons is a huge plus. I also think pointing out restrictions should be beneficial especially when we roll out some exciting things we have coming up for the holiday rush. One link with all active coupons should work well for those who don't have the means to update a coupon database regularly.

    Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

    Bob

    P.S. You can get a jump start on November codes as the new coupons are listed on that page. The newsletter will go out tomorrow with additional updates.

  2. #2
    Best New ABW Member 2007 sfcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,705
    If you could make the coupon codes a complete word with no numbers, it would be easier for the customer to remember.

    Also, I think Kraft might take issue with your header pic for the coupon page. (Plus I don't think it stands out that much anyway...should an optical company have a blurry image on the site, besides in a comparison situation?).

    One additional thing is your t&cs of the coupons should be below the codes, not above them. Not in really fine print, but a smaller font would be good.

    My 2 cents...

    -sfcom

  3. #3
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    If you could make the coupon codes a complete word with no numbers, it would be easier for the customer to remember.
    With our wide variety of codes it's a bit difficult but I'll look into whole word codes starting in December.

    Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    Also, I think Kraft might take issue with your header pic for the coupon page. (Plus I don't think it stands out that much anyway...should an optical company have a blurry image on the site, besides in a comparison situation?).
    My graphics work is great huh I didn't feel like waiting on our graphics guys to put something together for me but I'll definitely have the entire header replaced when they have the time. I'm the best "blur" and "sharpen" guy in the business though

    Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    One additional thing is your t&cs of the coupons should be below the codes, not above them. Not in really fine print, but a smaller font would be good.
    Making that change now...probably better for conversions to get the codes as high on the page as possible.

    Thanks for the info.

    Bob

  4. #4
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    I think it looks great! I would be interested to see how it performs (conversion ratio and average order size) linking coupons to that page vs. linking to the home page vs. the "year supply" page. I suspect that the year supply would perform the best, although this might be a close second.

    Consider using that page to upsell, too. Point out that the coupons can be used in conjunction with the rebates (include a link), the "year supply" pricing (include a link), and free shipping (include a link).

    I like the coupon codes as you have them. I like short words or sequences of letters, followed by a number related to the discount offered (ACL5, ACL10, etc.). Careful with the combination of S's and 5's and I's, L's, and 1's, though.

    Another useful thing that many stores offer is the ability to pass a parameter so that the coupon code gets defaulted in the shopping cart / checkout. For instance, http://www.aclens.com/?coupon=ACL150.

    You might want to make the part about where to enter the coupon code a little more prominent. It's unique, putting it in the Special Instructions (which I like), but it's really easy to miss.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    How about something like:

    http://www.lampsplus.com/index.aspx?a=24AFFDC6

    I think with your example, they still have to enter the code?

    With the Lamps Plus example, it's automatically entered in the cart for them and the landing page is nice and clear. My favorite kind of links, coupon text links like that. It's the best way all around for the merchant, affiliate and shopper.

  6. #6
    Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2006
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    4,731
    I think it's a bit wordy. Maybe you can add some picture or images to break the text up.

    1) If you can make this a bit shorter or put it as if it is a sticky note.
    "Coupon Redemption Guide" on the right menu. Not a lot of people will read the text. The lampPlus was clear and short.

    2) "Coupon Code: ACLS5"
    I would suggest changing the coupon code. Sometimes, some people will see a "5" (five) as a "S" (as in "S"nake). This will save you and your customer service people some grief or not lose a sale.
    Other things to avoid, 1 (one) = l, 0 (zero) = O, 5 (five) = S
    Edit: NVM, I saw that Michael also brought up this point.

    I like the LampPlus landing page too.

    Thought. A-B test and share the results

    All the best!

  7. #7
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Consider using that page to upsell, too. Point out that the coupons can be used in conjunction with the rebates (include a link), the "year supply" pricing (include a link), and free shipping (include a link).
    I thought about mentioning upsell's/rebates here but was afraid it would be too much for the viewer. I think I'll do the first two weeks as is and the second two weeks with rebates, year supply, and free shipping mentioned and see how it works.


    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Another useful thing that many stores offer is the ability to pass a parameter so that the coupon code gets defaulted in the shopping cart / checkout. For instance, http://www.aclens.com/?coupon=ACL150.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    With the Lamps Plus example, it's automatically entered in the cart for them and the landing page is nice and clear. My favorite kind of links, coupon text links like that. It's the best way all around for the merchant, affiliate and shopper.
    I've been exploring this for the last month or so. I think we're going in that direction but it's probably on hold until January. I like the Lamps Plus landing page quite a bit...I was only going to have the code entered in the box but the graphic with the discount is probably the way to go.

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    You might want to make the part about where to enter the coupon code a little more prominent. It's unique, putting it in the Special Instructions (which I like), but it's really easy to miss.
    Bolding the "Special Instructions" part now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    1) If you can make this a bit shorter or put it as if it is a sticky note.
    "Coupon Redemption Guide" on the right menu. Not a lot of people will read the text. The lampPlus was clear and short.
    Like above I think I'll do two weeks as/is and two weeks with a condensed version and see what happens.

    Thanks all for the feedback!

    Bob

  8. #8
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    Interesting results so far. Conversions are about the same as the rest of the site. Average order is up considerably though.

    I think we'll try Eric's advice and cut back on the wordiness of the page and/or try to highlight the coupons somehow. There's a huge difference in time spent on the page and I think to much text is confusing or people just don't want to take the time to read.

    We haven't seen nearly the outstanding results that the year supply page receives so I'll tinker with it until we get there.

    More input is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Bob

  9. #9
    Moderator bibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,315
    Looks great excpet for one minor change (Probably just me). I prefer the type of discount to be listed on the first line. I find that stands out more.

  10. Newsletter Signup

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for Feedback
    By jbmac in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 26th, 2006, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •