Question question about cookies
    Hi folks,

I'm new to both CJ and affiliate marketing, having signed up just weeks ago. I'm exclusively using PPC keyword links via Google ads to hopefully generate some income. I've just discovered that Spybot, Norton, etc., block my Google ads and have been reading some of the forum posts and articles on the topic.

My question is, does this make keyword PPC not worth the trouble? Should I abandon this approach or is anyone making good money with this?

My second question is in general how many clicks do you have to pay for before someone actually buys stuff?! For one merchant (LogoJeez) I'm at 98 clicks, 7106 impressions and CJ is showing zero leads, commissions or sales. I find it hard to believe nobody is buying - they have a really good prices and good logos! Many of my ads even state the prices up front.

Mr_C

ABW Ambassador
    Lots of people make good money with PPC.

The article was interesting, tested 11 scanners and cookies detected:

CJ - 6
    Linkshare - 7

SAS - 0
    Performics - 1
    Buy.at - 0
    ShareResults - 0

As far as Logo Jeez:

15% Affiliate Commission on every sale (Average order size at our site is $800 which means an affiliate commission of $120.

$120 commission average per sale

Have an EPC of:
    3 month EPC $5.41 USD (view trend)
    7 day EPC $11.51 USD (view trend)

so that's about a sale every 1000+ clicks without breaking out the calculator for the 7 day EPC, 3 month somewhere like 2000+ clicks.

Doesn't look like they convert very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust

As far as Logo Jeez:

15% Affiliate Commission on every sale (Average order size at our site is $800 which means an affiliate commission of $120.

$120 commission average per sale

Have an EPC of:
    3 month EPC $5.41 USD (view trend)
    7 day EPC $11.51 USD (view trend)

so that's about a sale every 1000+ clicks without breaking out the calculator for the 7 day EPC, 3 month somewhere like 2000+ clicks.

Doesn't look like they convert very good.
    Well I'm feeling pretty stupid at the moment. I've never compared what companies quote as their avg. sale w/ the EPC. Thanks Trust.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Yeah, me too. This is an important lesson for me. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_C
    My second question is in general how many clicks do you have to pay for before someone actually buys stuff?! For one merchant (LogoJeez) I'm at 98 clicks, 7106 impressions and CJ is showing zero leads, commissions or sales.
    It depends on many factors, if you are doing direct to merchant PPC (where your ad goes directly to the merchant), then the "average" is usually around 1% (1 sale out of 100). Of course this varies depending on the merchant, some convert better, and some convert worse.

If you have a website set up to presell the product, your conversion rate will go up. Although that all depends on how well you presell it, it could stay at 1% or lower, or go up to 20%.

Thanks Lanadili, that's what I was wondering.

In this case my ads go directly to LogoJeez but I think the problem is they go to the main page when they really need targeted landing pages.

I even have a very high CTR of 3-10% for my ad groups, I think I've dominated some high KEI keyword niches, but that's useless to me if they're all tire kickers.

I calculate that 1 sale out of 100 would be profitable for me. I think I'll give them another 100 or so clicks and then get out if nothing happens. They're definitely not converting as well as I thought they would.

Your welcome. Also, you need to have them going to the product page, because most people will click right back out if they don't see what they are after.

Another thing to look at is how targeted your keywords are. The more targeted, the better chance you have of them converting. For example, you don't want to bid on a keyword like "shoes" because you'll get a ton of hits and hardly any buyers. Your better off with a keyword like "new balance shoes for women". The reason for this is because the visitors already know what they want with the more targeted keyword, and they are more likely to buy. With the general keywords, they are still in the "browsing" mode and not sure what they want yet.

Goodluck with your adwords campaign, and hopefully you'll get a sale soon.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread