I am sure I am not the only one hit hard by Old Glory closing down the affiliate program. I need hippy-goth-pagan style clothes and of course similar jewelry.

Ideas?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    I am sure I am not the only one hit hard by Old Glory closing down the affiliate program.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I got the impression that it's not closing down, but would be back once they got their new servers configured - then again, having just pulled all their links, I'm not sure I feel like putting them back up anyway.

Oops, I just did an OGKids page, I need to go pull them too I think.

Doesn't make any sense that they would tell us to take our links down and then tell us to put them back up a few days later. I am hoping that they are moving in-house. Seems like they would just say, "we can't track from date-to-date," and leave it up to us if we want to pull them. Or, they could compensate us according to average past performance. Heck, I would give them a few free sales to save the agrivation. But if they move in-house, that is a good thing for us.

I CAN'T pull them that fast in any event. Have some desperate e-mails out there looking for replacements.

But, heck, I am going to Ostara gathering this weekend and can't do much right away.

I WANT OLD GLORY!! WHAAAAA!!

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Old glory had terminated me after aprox 2 months because my relatively new site wasn't generating enough traffic or clicks for their liking. They would not return an e mail asking if they would reconsider because it was a newer site and traffic was going to build. I certinly wasnt costing an arm and a leg for them to keep me as an affiliate. And now they close down. It seems they got what they wanted/deserved based on my opinion to the way they ran the program. Not over this.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Well, if they were a fifth of your on-line income, I guess you would boo-hoo, too.

Still

Praise be, my new site that I was so worried about is going great guns. But, when will I ever get ahead?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Yes I wuld be weeping if it meant that much. They didnt give me much of a chance though
    Hope a worthy replacement is forthcoming

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Thanks for the encouragement. I just got accepted for an interesting indy with some unique clothes. And, I had someone I was interested in but didn't get to for more pagan style jewelry.

Not exactly the same, though. Assuming I get accepted, I will still need punk, goth and left hand path jewelry.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread