View Poll Results: Do You Advertise You Site On Your Car?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. With Bumper Stickers

4 19.05%
  • Yes. With a Custom Paint Job & Logo

0 0%
  • No. I Don't Want People Bothering Me

17 80.95%
    Do You Advertise Your Main Site On Your Car?
    I know there are tax benefits to advertising on our cars (or I think so), but what about the exposure benefits? I'm just curious how many of us advertise on our cars and in what form?
    Last edited by leeann; October 31st, 2007 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Tried to change "You" to "Your" On the Poll (sigh)
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    None of the poll options fit me. For me it's:

No. It wouldn't get seen enough to justify it.

Usually the car's in the driveway, facing a nonbusy street. And when I do go out, it's still not going to be seen enough to justify the expense of having (vinyl) lettering done, never mind a custom paint job.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    never mind a custom paint job.
    I think it is a wrap as in plastic wrap.
    You pass them the design, the model of the car, and they will produce a durable plastic with with adhesive and that will be glued on your car.

I have seen an ABWer that did this type of Ad. Till today, I still remember his/her site. Not sure about the exposure but if you have a catch image / design, a lot of people will remember it.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Each of our cars has a bumper sticker with the URL of my main site and one of the cars has a vanity plate with the site name on it. My husband drives that car to work and he's frequently asked by his coworkers what the word on the plate means. So I guess I get some traffic because of that.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    So, if you have a magentic sign made and place it on your car doors, is the car a valid writeoff regardless of how much it's driven?

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    There should be an option in the poll for "no, I don't have a car"

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    So, if you have a magentic sign made and place it on your car doors, is the car a valid writeoff regardless of how much it's driven?
    probably not (or not much), but the sign is.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    There should be an option in the poll for "no, I don't have a car"

Or "No, my magnetic sign was stolen by a drive by parasite"

Actually, if any of you ever get the chance, you should see Uncle Scooters car and his coupon pouch advertisement. The first time I saw it was when he came over to our place in Florida this past winter to go fishing. Unbelievably awesome "rolling" advertisement. It really looks fantastic, and it's pretty much the whole car - looks like a rolling billboard. It would be awesome if Scooter posted a picture of it so you could see for yourself. I'm sure it generates traffic.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    It does substantiate a claim that the car is used for business, so yes there are some benefits in the form of mileage or amortization / depreciation but you should consult an accountant on that one for the best answer.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Ain't no way in h*ll that I'm putting anything on my baby! However I've been seriously thinking of getting an SUV for my Lacrosse foundation / clinic and get a full wrap on that.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I looked into this before, and it would be difficult, and it would put up red flags for the IRS. You'd need to track personal versus business miles.. .but chances are that you don't drive much business miles, (and just cruising doesn't count, unless your company owns the car, like those ad-mobile things, or can prove it's for business purposes).
    So unless you want to deal with the irs if they audit you, it's probably not worth the trouble.

I try to be incognito anytime I can
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

As far as advertising on my automobile, I do it and it works.

BUT.. I also sell automotive accessories, so it kind of targets everyone driving near, behind or passing me.

I also have custom plates so that is another huge help as far as getting the name out.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread