Talking Happy Halloween!!!
    I was shocked not too see a Halloween thread yet, so if I missed it, I'm sorry muahahahahahhaha!

Today is an extra special day here, because not only is it Halloween, it's my little sister's Birthday ... which always makes it much more fun, (plus we get extra candy!!!!!!)

My 2 year old son is going as a Vampire this year!

What are you or your kids going as this year?

Happy Halloween!!! May your day and night be frightful MUAHAHAHA!
    KK

Happy Halloween!

My 4 year old daughter is going to be a Furby.

My 6 year old son is going to be Spiderman -- the black, evil one, of course.

I am curious about the customs of other countries on this day. Anyone care to share?

Hope that one and all have a safe evening,
    Bettylou

Boo!

Happy Halloween!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Happy Holloween!

My 4 year old son is going to be Darth Vader.

My 6 year old daughter is going to be a Vampire Cheerleader.

Are you dressing up with your children?

We did on his first Halloween. He was a two month old blue and green Dragon, my husband was a knight, and I dressed up like a medieval princess .. hehe ... it was so cute!
    KK

Happy Hallowe'en

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Happy Halloween everyone! I am going to be posting some pics of the ARC pumpkins today

Stephanie Lichtenstein
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting
    Stephanie@andyrodriguez.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Happy Halloween everyone!

My younger daughter is Swiper (from Dora). All her friends are dressing as Dora characters. Went nuts last night trying to find orange and blue stuff. We pulled it together, though and she went to school looking silly but obviously Swiper. She's an 8th grader in a K through 8 school. The littler kids will appreciate her costume. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Online Marketing Consultant
    Happy Halloween everyone, =0)

Quote Originally Posted by bettylou
    I am curious about the customs of other countries on this day. Anyone care to share?
    Not all countries celebrate Halloween on this day, or even at all. Some countries like Mexico celebrate Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) by decorating cemeteries and eating sugar skulls to celebrate and remember their loved ones who have passed on.

In some of the earlier civilzations, on their versions of this night, people would put blood on their doors or some sort of ward against evil spirits from harming them. Then they would stay inside as it was not a celebrated holiday but a feared one. Other civilizations set out baskets of fruit and food to appease the spirits and keep them from entering their houses.

Then you have various religions who celebrate this as their high holidays, much like christmas, yom kippur, etc... and they will spend the night practicing rituals because of the belief that their god/gods/godess/godesses are able to listen to them for this night.

In the Jewish religion, a similar holiday is celebrated called Purim where people celebrate by dressing up as the people in the story of Purim like (My spelling will probably be off) Hamen, Mortichai, and other, as well as new characters like Spiderman or Batman. They will collect candy and celebrate halloween style, as well as eat a traditional pastry called Hamentashen (yes it is named after Hamen the bad guy). The pastry is also supposed to look like his hat which had three corners, and therefore is the shape of a triangle. The pastries are also stuffed with many flavors of jellys and jams. the most common are cherry, apricot, apple, and a black one that I cannot remember.

There are tons of holidays and nights similar to Halloween throughout the world, the history channel and even kids cartoon shows that are playing right now are great resources to learn about them.

Here in Washington DC we have our own tradition to kickoff Halloween where thousands upon thousands of people congregate in one of the larger Gay neighborhoods (The crowd is a huge mix of gay and straight people as well as families and pets come too.) for the annual Drag Races.

The drag races take place the Tuesday before halloween each year, rain or shine or snow, and you get a couple hundred drag queens parading up and down a police blocked off section of 17th street for a few hours before they line up at one end and race to the other in high heels. Although, some feel it is much too much effort to run, so the glide and strut or walk and wave their way down to the end.

Here is some video on Youtube,,,,they happened lastnight and it was a good time by all...new videos should be emerging.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JjUSKYMDT48 This is the better video
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TDX8z_9wh4w
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=iaSP2TOPT24 this is the racing
    Last edited by Liquidate; October 31st, 2007 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to include DC and edited a couple things in the text
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Happy Halloween everyone!

My younger daughter is Swiper (from Dora). All her friends are dressing as Dora characters. Went nuts last night trying to find orange and blue stuff. We pulled it together, though and she went to school looking silly but obviously Swiper. She's an 8th grader in a K through 8 school. The littler kids will appreciate her costume. ;-)
    Awwwwwwww how cute "Swiper No Swiping! Swiper No Swiping! Swiper Nooo Swiping!!"

Braedon really likes swiper and the bo-bos on Diego .. LOL
    KK

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Our Interent Marketing Department dressed up today for our company Halloween contest. We were characters from Disney's Snow White. I was Happy Dwarf!

My children are going as a skeleton, a snow princess and a Momma kangaroo. That should make for interesting pictures!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Trick or Treat?

Happy Halloween! or as we say in Miami: Happi Hollowing...
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

I dressed up as an affiliate marketer, I hear they can be pretty freaky.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    I dressed up as an affiliate marketer, I hear they can be pretty freaky.
    Especially ones in Vegas... scary!!!!

Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread