Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    What Jewelry Items Do Women Like to get for Christmas
    With holiday shopping set to begin in earnest shortly, I had a thought this morning, so I'd like to ask the ladies for their input. Affiliates who are experienced in the jewelry arena during the holiday season - please chime in too! Thanks for your input!!

1.) what jewelry items have you (personally) most often received as a Christmas / Hannukah gift?

2.) if you are an experienced jewelry affiliate, what has history shown you to be the most popular items purchased as gifts during the holidays?
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    1.) what jewelry items have you (personally) most often received as a Christmas / Hannukah gift?
    1. Earrings
    2. Bracelets
    3. Pendants (either with or without the chain)

People don't usually give me rings because they don't know my ring size.
    My Grandmother gave me a ring on my 16th birthday (but a jeweler has lent her the ["sizing thing"] and once when I visited her she said, "Oh look at this ["sizing thing"] one of your Aunts left at the house. Let's see your size." I was gullible enough to fall for that line

Added: #2 & 3 are really a tie.

I haven't trapped a guy into giving me a ring yet either, but I'm working on it
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 31st, 2007 at 01:54 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Oh....Alan thought you'd have known this one for sure. lol amethysts, of course. lol Just teasin. Hmmm are ya making up an early Christmas list for us? lol umm just teasin again. Can't speak for sure for her but think Anne would go along with amethysts, too. Hmm from earlier post Flamingoworld wants something pink....pink diamonds maybe? Carolyn already told me she'd prefer diamonds. Any color would probably be ok with her.... guess if you can find me purple diamonds...I'll settle for them over the amethysts, too. Just tryin to make it easier for your shopping. ok, I'm just teasin again.

For me....seriously...do prefer amethysts, yeap over anything else. tennis bracelets have definitely been favorites, dangly earrings. (chandelier are definitely pretty) Can't go wrong for any lady anything having to do with hearts just cos it's soooo romantic. (especially in purple) Eternity bands, also very romantic. I especially like 18k gold necklaces. So, hmmm guess earrings would be first choice, bracelets then necklaces. (or maybe bracelets first, then earrings ) Have gotten earrings, bracelets necklaces and pendants in purple and clear cz and love them, too. Long as it's purple or goes with purple, fine with me.

I agree with Rhia7 I don't wanna ring from anybody cos they probably would get the size wrong. I may not be like most either, but I prefer small anything, like things kinda dainty I guess, don't like big, least not for me. Guess a biiiiiigg purple diamond tho I'd make an exception.

Ps - Rhia7 - good luck with your trapping. Hope ya bag a nice keeper
    Ps - Alan - not every woman has pierced ears either, so clip-ons are definitely appreciated by them.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Ps - Rhia7 - good luck with your trapping. Hope ya bag a nice keeper
    Thanks but I have to improve my hunting skills
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Ps - Alan - not every woman has pierced ears either, so clip-ons are definitely appreciated by them.
    That's true but I do have pierced ears in case anyone wants to send me a pair
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Diamonds with white gold *anything* but especially if it's antique.

(Just in case anybody's taking notes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Diamonds with white gold *anything* but especially if it's antique.
    ...or have that vintage look/style (speaking for my wife; she loves diamonds in white gold). Bracelets and necklaces are not something that she wears. But she loves earrings and rings. You gonna send us some this Christmas, Alan?!

Geno

I love sapphires. I seem to get necklaces often, but I don't wear them. Earrings and rings are my favorite.

I like to find gift items to feature that are designed as a "Mother's gift". Bracelets with charms for each child, or necklaces with birthstones, etc. One of Grandma's favorites is a delicate, silver cross with birthstones arranged nicely.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    delicate bracelets, ankle bracelets, diamonds and aquamarines.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Diamonds, the only gift that never got returned, ever. (That, and cash)

Keep it coming gang - this is great input for a new jewelry merchant whose wanting to build through knowledgable feedback. For jewelry affiliates, let's hone in on what your best 3 sellers were last holiday season. Load me up with factual input boys and girls! (aka: "Help ME Help YOU!!) Thanks for your support too!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    delicate bracelets, ankle bracelets, diamonds and aquamarines.
    On the way young lady!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    On the way young lady!
    Are you Santa? LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Shiney stuff!!

As long as it not yellow gold!!
    KK

Outsourced Program Manager
    Lisette keeps dropping not so subtle hints for Diamond Earrings. Classics that never go out of style.

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Kinsey
    Shiney stuff!!

As long as it not yellow gold!!
    I agree no to yellow gold! Last Christmas I got a necklace with a diamond charm. Can't go wrong with diamonds!

Stephanie Lichtenstein
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting
    stephanie@andyrodriguez.com

When in doubt, go with diamonds.

I would love a diamond engagement ring (princess cut 1 carat diamond set in white gold, accent of tiny diamonds and maybe a touch of yellow gold, size 5 1/2, not that I really put any thought into it.....), but would maybe settle for diamond earrings or a necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by KIMarketing
    When in doubt, go with diamonds.

I would love a diamond engagement ring (princess cut 1 carat diamond set in white gold, accent of tiny diamonds and maybe a touch of yellow gold, size 5 1/2, not that I really put any thought into it.....), but would maybe settle for diamond earrings or a necklace.
    Wow, talk about a rifle scope targeted search phrase!! I hope you get it Kim

To clarify my intent with this thread, What I am really after is input on what jewelry items women believe that women in general like to receive as Christmas / Hannukah gifts. I'd love some more feedback, especially from affiliates who have experience selling jewelry, as some here have!!

Thank you for joining the focus group everyone!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread