Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    While your at it LS, why don't you purge all links that have clearly expired?

(50% off blah blah blah at BLAH.com. Ends 9.08.07)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    While your at it LS, why don't you purge all links that have clearly expired?
    The Fredericks of Hollywood product links I wanted to use when I searched the specific link function came up as "not available" (something to that effect)
    Why do they have discontinued links among the links we are allowed to use?

We used to have an advanced method of creating links where the affiliate could go through the merchant's site to create the links -- why did Fredericks rescind that helpful & flexible option? Now the product links available lacks flexibility plus everything that I picked had either expired, been discontinued, or was unavailable for some reason

Any merchant that provides a limited amount of specific product links in the "generator" [or whatever] should make sure that all the links are fresh and available.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I find it amusing when I see emails from AM's asking to remove X promotion because it's expired and when you look on LS, the link is still there.

Talk about hypocritical.

Affiliate Manager JusticeforGirls's Avatar
    I'm trying to get this straightened out right now. We are in the process of revamping our affilite program and I'm trying to get all of these old/yucky banners off our affiliate's sites. If I delete them, LS still charges me when people click through BUT they replace the banners with their media.

I changed all of their end dates to the day that I was working on this, but they continue to be available for affiliates in their interface (with a tiny little print below that says available until 10-12-07). The only way we can fix it is to manually go into our image server and rewrite over the images but leave the file names. So we would rewrite over banners in our image server named October2004Promotion.gif (leaving the original names) that would be actually our default branding images. Because people's HTML placements are hardcoded to our merchant image server. DUMB. Any ideas?

>> get all of these old/yucky banners off our affiliate's sites. If I delete them, LS still charges me when people click through

only on sales , not click-thru, right ?

>> manually go into our image server and rewrite over the images but leave the file names.

i agree this is the right way of doing thing

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread