Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Respect For Our Troops & Their Families
    I am almost always a distributor of positive energy in life and in this forum. But tonight I wanted to jump through my computer screen and vaporize the parents and leaders of this sick group of bigots who devastate families that have lost a daughter or son while serving this country. I was deeply disturbed when I heard news about a protest these sick demented wing nuts staged several months ago at a fellow Marine's funeral. But tonight I saw the type of signs they smeared in the families faces as they mourned their loss.

Can any of us truly begin to imagine how a grieving family feels when their right to a private burial of their beloved son or daughter is met by this kind of bigotry, hate and willful disrespect for their loss. As a Marine who was very proud to serve this country during a very unpopular conflict in the late 60's / early 70's, I was far beyond enraged to actually see the kind of hate messages these sick individuals fly in the face of grieving parents, family and friends. This stuff actually happens...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21566280/
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    That group gets a lot of press, bunch of nuts/hate group, they hate everybody. They have a bunch of God Hates _______ sites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

I saw some YouTube video on them and they're more of a cult. Feel sorry for the children brought up with parents like that and then all the people they protest against.

The "church" is mostly made up family members and I heard most of them are lawyers because they find things to sue about to fund their "church" or in most recent events get sued themselves. Personally, I'm glad they lost that case and got an $11 million judgment against them. I hope it shuts 'em the hell up! But that's probably wishful thinking...

Fred Phelps is the very definition of "whack job".

I feel incredibly angered and saddened for all the family members who've had to endure the "church's" protests at the funerals of their loved ones.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    As a Marine who was very proud to serve this country during a very unpopular conflict in the late 60's / early 70's,
    Alan,
    Thank you.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    Alan,
    Thank you.
    Yes, thank you for your service.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Alan, first off, thank you. Having the pleasure of shaking your hand, consider it thanks for not only meeting you but for your service for this country. You're a good man on both counts, as a serviceman and a generally great guy to meet.

As far as this "church" goes, I'm going to mostly keep my mouth shut. I am a God-fearing, God-loving human being, but the ideology of this group is not much different than the ideology that drives the Islamic-extremists that are hellbent on destroying us. And they ARE hellbent on destroying us.

If I didn't fear jail so much (been there, done that) these people would not exist.

End of my story (pending).

And, yes, this story has been ongoing for a while now. But always needs addressing.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

This is a disgrace and I'm ashamed this happens in the U.S. What do these nutjobs expect to accomplish? If they feel so strongly they should protest the government and not people who are suffering a loss.

I can't help but wonder what Bible they read and teach from since the one I studied many years ago doesn't seem to support this "preacher's" views.

I will join others and thank you Alan for your service.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Alan, thanks for your service, when we meet I'll say it again in person. But you're not the only one that hates these types of people that do that the only diference is they go to the extreme.

Can't believe they even have their kids holding such signs with that wording, but I'm glad the family won and hope they keep after them for that 11M dollars, more than what they really are worth.

There is a should protests be banned at military funerals Vote link. 45796 responses. Not scientific like they say but a good measure and I was not going to post is here but I know some will not vote or vote the opposite just because they hate everything.

Yes, there are limits to free speech and no one has the right to offend families while they are grieving.
    87%

No, the Constitution protects the right to demonstrate at a public gathering, even if the protesters' message is considered offensive.
    13%

You folks Maryland and those jurors should be proud and right thing to send a message.

Alan, this is absolutely appalling. I could never understand how Americans can abuse the very people that have risked and given their lives to protect what we all hold so dearly. Regardless of how unpopular a war or conflict is, those that serve our country should always be held in the highest regard.

What's ironic is that our armed forces have fought for the very rights that these people abuse. I can't fathom how they think that they are accomplishing anything by not allowing the families of fallen service men and women to grieve in peace.

A thank you to you and all of those that have served to defend our country.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    You have our sincere thanks Alan for your service.

It's the right to be disgraceful that you fought so hard for. Interesting...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

As a resident of the state of Kansas I die a slow death everytime these people get press. Uhhhg. It is the most disgusting thing EVER.

Sheri

As with the others, thank you Alan for your service. Share opinion as with the others regarding this, too. Hate, hate, hate bigotry of any kind and what they did to this family was totally disgraceful. Hope it bankrupts their so called church.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    That church is messed up big time. I don't agree with the decision to invade another country but "things" already hit the fan. As for the fallen solider, he is already dead..give him a peaceful burial.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread