Smile How to Drive Traffic ???
    Hi
    I am new to the affiliate market, I want to learn more , Some help me how to drive the traffice to the website...........

ABW Ambassador
    Check out seobook.com

Build a quality website, start with 20-30 pages, get links from related sites, submit to digg.com, submit to directories, and TRACK TRACK TRACK everything. Use free Google Analytics - this will give you good idea whats going on your site. Start a blog as well.

Within month you should start getting some traffic from search engines.

Instead of asking "How to Drive Traffic?", ask yourself "How can I make my site more useful?"

It's much easier to drive traffic to a site that people actually want to visit.

Think about ABestWeb.com, for instance. How much effort do you think Haiko puts into driving traffic to it? Almost none, I bet. He spends his time and money making it something that people would want to come to.

Meet a specific need. Solve a specific problem. Be an authority.

When you're able to get organic, viral traffic, the efforts and money you put into SEO and PPC will be multiplied.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Good call, Michael,

however, not all are able to do so, I mean at such a big scale, thats where the review site with couple dozen articles on the topic can come handy.

MichaelColey, I agree completely. It's all about content!

Driving traffic to your website is the corner stone of your affiliate marketing business.

What you want is targeted traffic and the best way to get this is to rank high in the search engines with your chosen keyword.

To do this you need to optimize your website both on page and off page

For on page optimization, you need to have unique, content rich pages that are sprinkled with your keywords and variations of your keywords.

For off page you need to generate backlinks to your website using your keyword and variations of your keywords in your anchor tags

It is a very large topic and not enough space to cover it here.

One of my websites has a detailed explanation of this but i don't think i am allowed to post the URL here.

Good luck
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

I'm starting out with a free course to help drive traffic to your site. It's called the (edited out) and a lot of people have recommended it. Good luck!

Kate
    Last edited by Trust; November 5th, 2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: spam

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    Check out seobook.com
    I'll second that - it is a quality book on how to maximize SE traffic.

For PPC traffic I would recommend - it is expensive but is a brilliant course with many success stories - I am one of them.

As others have mentioned content is key. You will also want to think about what you offer your visitor. The higher quality your content the easier it will be drive traffic.

Your website is your product - and product and marketing go hand in hand.
    Last edited by Trust; November 5th, 2007 at 03:50 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Closed - 6 new people in one thread with 10 posts and under and then the link drops.

11. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread