Lee jeans question
    When looking at the Lee jeans site I saw where for some (not sure if for all or not) when you look at specific product it says Buy Now or Find an online retailer (JC Penney or Kohl's) and then says Go. When clicking Go it takes you to that site. Could you please tell me if the affiliate would then recieve credit for those possible sales or is this just a gigantic leak.??

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Hey P Bear,

I am not in their program and I was going to help ans the question.

Did a google search for "lee jeans" to find their domain. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...en&q=lee+jeans

I landed on a NETWORK SOLUTION (NS) page. PPC are also pointing to lee.com but I end up at a NS page. Not sure if they are having some issues as I hate to be the boy to cry wolf until it's verified.

Can't really help you there. What you can do is to hover over the links and see if it is a CJ/Performics or LS links and if they are using your SITE.CODE / SITE.ID.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I just confirmed that they are having some problems. All pages are landing on Network solution's arbitrage page.

Confirmed via Purplebear and also a friend outside of US.

Hi Eric
    Yeap, just tried that link and it's coming up with that same link you gave. Mine is saying doubleclick and affiliate in it but not sure if it's identifying me as the affiliate. lol

Don't actually have any links on my site now cos I had posted them but when I went to look around the site to describe sizes, shipping, etc. that's when I noticed what was happening on the site that I posted about, so I removed the links til I could find out an answer. Have written to them and it was passed along but never did get an answer. Maybe this is why, cos there's some sort of problem going on with the site and too busy right now.

Thanks for tryin to help

ooops posted while you were writing your post. lol

ABW Ambassador
    Lee jeans have been around for a long time, and they're sold in many retail B&M outfits and online retail stores. It isn't necessary to sell them direct from the manufacturer's site. I'd suggest checking out different sites that carry them, and see which merchant offers affiliates the best commission percentage and return days before deciding who to promote for Lee jeans.

Lee slim fit happen to be my own personal primary jeans brand of choice (that and Gloria Vanderbilt stretch, which is #2) and has been for years; I have at least a half dozen pair, if not more. My latest were bought at Bealls (CJ). Retail was $29.99 for the style, I paid $27.99 at Robinsons-May (at the store) for a couple of pair a couple years ago, but they were selling for $21.99 at other online sites.

I paid $12.99 a pair (far less than half the retail price) because Bealls had a big sale on them. Consumers will shop by brand, and then they'll also shop by price - so don't paint yourself into a corner with any name brand.

We have to put ourselves in the shoppers' shoes for how they search and buy and also think about aligning ourselves with the best affiliate deal possible for everyone to be happy.

Especially with anything name brand, if there's any shadow of a doubt about leaks or giving affiliates credit for sales, shop around for he best deal from an affiliate POV. We've not in business to give free branding to manufacturers; we're in business as partners who should expect to be paid for our efforts.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, was just trying out some links, Network Solutions page.

ABW Ambassador
    If they're sending folks to JC Penney, etc. to buy, are you a JC Penney affiliate (or whichever merchants they're referring visitors to), and is there a cookie for any and all of their referred merchants so affiliates will get credit for the sales at any of the other sites a customer chooses to go to?

Somehow I think not.

Nope, am not a J C Penney affiliate. Wish I were cos they offer something I get visitors for all the time (don't know if those visitors would purchase what that is from them lol but they don't seem to wanna purchase it from the merchants I do have. lol They keep visiting the page I have it on tho. May be that they're searching for lower priced items of what they're searching for lol ooooh probably got everybody curios now. lol which if that is the case JC Penney and Nordstrom have those products but wouldn't be bargain prices so maybe they wouldn't purchase from them either. lol Norstrom affiliate manager probably laughs at me lol cos every now and then thru LS I apply and they reject me.....doesn't deter me tho lol I do again and they do again. Figure I'll wear em down sooner or later and they'll grow to love me. lol

Don't even know how to apply to JC Penney but if they have an invitation only, am not one of the biggies so they probably wouldn't want me anyway.
    You gave me a good idea, tho with Kohl's. I do have them and Bealls too actually. Can't believe you got any kinda jeans for $12.99.. (not saying you're lying just that ....that's a really great price... around here they're usually always in the $30's range. You don't always get such a great selection with them, tho. Thought maybe by having the direct merchant might have a better selection. (Uhhh not if it means going to JC Penney or Kohl's tho and not receiving the credit )

"Yep, was just trying out some links, Network Solutions page."

Not sure when that started but when I originally searched from my link, it wasn't that way.....so they've got a big problem now with that.

thanks guys

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I was told a couple of years ago the the JCPenny program was closed to any new affiliates.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    I understand that the JC Penney affiliate program is by private invitation only.

Nevertheless, if a manufacturer has an affiliate program and the site is giving links to sites where customers can buy the products (without a valid tracking cookie), it's a "GIMME" deal on their end, and not worth taking even 10 seconds to put even one single link up to a program that's nothing more than a drain on hard-earned traffic with zero chance of compensation.

If you want to promote Lee jeans, sign up with a merchant who will pay you commisson for doing so. You might want to check out Essential Apparel (Akiva's program) to see their current line of merchandise - as well as several Linkshare and Commission Junction merchants (like Beall's) who also carry the line. They'll be carried at multiple merchant sites who WILL pay you commissions for sales you generate, and not just reap benefit of free branding you might give them with no chance of you earning a single cent from doing so.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Lee Jeans Update
    Good Afternoon,

Here is the message DoubleClick Performics received from Lee Jeans:
    ******************************************************************************************
    Since Lee Jeans has no physical brick and mortar locations, we rely on our retail partners and our strong relationships with them. Because of these great relationships and the fact that they have been our main source for revenue over the years, we cannot remove links to the retailers at the present moment.

In regards to certain products driving consumers to other retailer sites, there will be products that are not available to purchase directly at Lee.com. When that is the case, we direct consumers to the online retailer where the product can be purchased. Publishers will not receive commission for sales that occur on other retailer sites.

Lee Jeans is new to affiliate marketing and we are excited about working in this channel. As we want to establish great relationships with our new affiliate partners just as we have with our retail partners, please let us know how we can be of more assistance. We are happy to be partnering with Performics, so please feel free to reach out to our contact at this address, lee[at]publisher.performics.com, with any additional questions.

Regards,
    Lee Jeans

ABW Ambassador
    Since they're new, let them know, that's basically leaks. And to check their domain, http://www.lee.com/ still Network Solutions for me, so I can't even see the leaks.

I am not having a problem accessing www.lee.com.

What are you seeing?

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Attached image:
    Attached Images Attached Images

ABW Ambassador
    But just checking and it shows up fine if I go thru a proxy. Eric was seeing the Network Solutions too, post 2/3.

ABW Ambassador
    I am not having any issues with getting to www.lee.com; however, the stated URL for the affiliate program is www.leejeans.com (which is a redirect to www.lee.com). Trust, what do you get when you go to www.leejeans.com?

I agree with the comments that this program is not worth promoting unless the merchant removes the leaks.

The correct url is:
    www.lee.com/shop.asp

I have corrected the posting, although the new advertiser alert sent by our network had the correct url.

Thanks for pointing this out!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    I am not having any issues with getting to www.lee.com; however, the stated URL for the affiliate program is www.leejeans.com (which is a redirect to www.lee.com). Trust, what do you get when you go to www.leejeans.com?

I agree with the comments that this program is not worth promoting unless the merchant removes the leaks.
    I still get the network solutions page, even the lee.com/shop page. It's happened before with Tire Rack, should clear up. I guess it depends what ISP you have? And with what Eric posted, others could be seeing that page too.

WOW
    I just clicked on the www leejean dot com and got three pages and a popup.
    I'm a winner wow.

ABW Ambassador
    Trust, Connie has Lee Jeans affiliate links on her site (do a search on her homepage). Do you still get the Network Solutions page when you click on her affiliate link?

Bob, it's leejeans, not leejean.

Sorry. that was a typo on my part. tried to upload the images of the three pages. didn't seem to show up. I must have closed the window to soon.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Trust, Connie has Lee Jeans affiliate links on her site (do a search on her homepage). Do you still get the Network Solutions page when you click on her affiliate link?

Bob, it's leejeans, not leejean.
    Yep, still Network Solutions.

ABW Ambassador
    Tuan said it was DNS:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ight=tire+rack

Just like with Tire Rack, I couldn't get to it, Jack couldn't get to it, while others could fine. Same here with Lee Jeans.

First - DoubleClick Performics Moderator: Thank you very much for answering my question for me. I did send my question a little while back (don't remember exactly when) to DoubleClick Performics and the person replying to it was nice enough to send me back an email that it had been forwarded to the affiliate manager for Lee jeans. Only problem was I never got a reply after that. I realize just starting they were probably very busy, so posted here thinking I might get an answer quicker

Something weird is going on with the url cos when I had first joined I had no problem getting to the Lee jeans site. (where I found what I posted)

After Eric emailed me this morning I gave him my link and I checked it again from mine and it wasn't going to the site either. Not sure what it was but looked like a search type page. Just tried again and not gonna post the link but....... real quickly it goes to the same link I posted earlier in this thread but then real quickly goes to a site that starts with an adb and has lee.com in the name. I got three separate pop ups aol caught.

Not sure if maybe Connie has changed her link but I just made a search at her site and her links did go to the Lee jeans site.

In regards to the answer to my question. I love their jeans....only jeans I wear actually lol...but ummm I'm not gonna put links on my site if they tell people to go to somebody else's site.

Thank you Webworker and Marcia for your suggestions. Thanks Trust and everybody else for checking, too.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread