Apartment Problems - What Should I Do?
    Here's my current situation with the apartment complex that I'm currently living in. The building I am in has sewer problems, and it seems both my toilets get stopped up at least 2 or 3 times a month. It wasn't as bad at first, but within the last few months, it's been getting worse. I always call maintenance as soon as it happens, and they say it's the whole building, they have to send someone out to unclog the main sewer line for the building. Now, everytime someone in the building flushes their toilet, my toilet in my bedroom starts to make this gurgling noise, and emits the smell of sewer. Now I have two small children, and a roommate, so 4 people total with 2 bathrooms, and we can't flush anything until they fix it. Usually this happens at night, and it doesn't get fixed until the next morning.

It happened again last night, I called at 10pm to let them know, woke up at 6am and it was still clogged up. I called them again, and again at 9am and they said there is someone out there right now fixing it. I asked if there was some way I can get a discount because of this, and they said no.

Everyone I talk to says they should give me a discount, but after talking to them this morning, they are refusing to. What should I do? Just let it go and deal with the problem until they replace it in January or go above their heads and keep complaining until I get some results?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    If it is of a health hazard, you can contact the health dept (or something along that line) or the building inspector. If the Apt complex is part of a bigger management co., you have a better chance getting things acted on

They are part of a bigger management company, known as CLK. I viewed the website, but there wasn't an email address, just an address.

As far as health concerns, whenever this happens, part of the "front yard" is flooded from the backed up sewage. Although it dries up within a few hours after it is fixed. Still, we have to deal with the smell of sewer and aren't able to flush the toilets until it gets fixed, which is unsanitary.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have to pay my rent today, and I'm going to ask again if there is anyway I can get a discount, and who I have to complain to if they refuse. I think it's time to get the camera out and take pictures of the front yard before it dries.

ABW Ambassador
    Try support@clkcorp.com or webmaster@clkcorp.com
    do the same for clkmm.com

Well I went to pay my rent and I talked to someone else at the office about what is going on with the sewer. Come to find out, the building I am in has a lift station since it's lower than the other buildings, and someone in the building is putting rags/shirts/panties down the toilet and stopping it up.

They said since they are doing everything they can to fix it, and because of that, they can't give me a discount. But she did give me the name and number of someone at CLK to talk to, and hopefully they can give me a discount. I called and left a message, still waiting to hear back from her.

Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadili
    Well I went to pay my rent and I talked to someone else at the office about what is going on with the sewer. Come to find out, the building I am in has a lift station since it's lower than the other buildings, and someone in the building is putting rags/shirts/panties down the toilet and stopping it up.
    I think they should deduct a portion of everybody's rent and tack it on to the rent of whoever's stuffing clothes down the toilet. Man...
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    I think they should deduct a portion of everybody's rent and tack it on to the rent of whoever's stuffing clothes down the toilet. Man...
    Yeah, but they have to do something with the evidence. I wonder what they are doing with the body parts???
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I hate apartments.

One time the lady above me did something to break her toilet and it leaked down to my bathroom, put a hole in the ceiling, and flooded my hallway.

Keep pushing for that discount.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread