Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Heres my biggest gripe
    We don't have access except mainly through your links to get to our affiliate managers. Some of them are consciencous enough to email us occassionally and stay on good terms, however, the vast majority do not, especially the bigger companies like Walmart. I am so tired of trying to track down affiliate managers to get problems resolved. They sure have access to all of us, our emails and phone numbers, we should be given the same respect. This is true with linkshare, CJ, SAS, as well. I'm hoping some way this can be resolved. Most of the time they won't even return my emails when I do email them through you, to me, thats just plain rude.

I find Linkshare merchants to have the poorest return rate to my emails. I agree with you. If we had the appropriate contact info this may chabge.

I've had much less issues with CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshiner
    Most of the time they won't even return my emails when I do email them through you, to me, thats just plain rude.
    It's not just rude, it's totally unprofessional.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I agree, I have much less trouble with CJ and SAS. Infact, Linkshare was at Adtech and I sort of cornered the three guys there and they looked at me like a deer in the headlights when I was discussing this problem with them. I did get a card from one of them and he told me to email him and he would be sure that the affiliate manager I want to speak with would call me. Hopefully, that will happen.

Here's another deal I had with Linkshare.
    About a year ago I was contacted by a Linkshare affiliate liason (or something like that) who informed me he's be working with me to maximize sales and to be approved to the right type of merchant for my site. He also asked if there were any merchants that had denied my applications.

After that first conversation he wouldn't reply my emails and never contacted me again.

He was the one who solicited me and then he displays the typical customer service of Linkshare (Which is nearly non-existant).

The funny thing is that a few months ago Linkshare sent me a customer service survey. I mentioned this episode and they never got back to me.

Doesn't Linkshare know that it's worse to initiate a bogus contact in attempt to portray customer service then to never do it in the first place?

Doesn't Linkshare know that it's worse to initiate a bogus contact in attempt to portray customer service then to never do it in the first place?

Obviously not, or they just don't care.

OMG...what a relief to find this thread. I've been dealing with Link Share for a little over a year and I've never experienced anything quite like these merchants. If I have questions, need help or need creatives my emails are NEVER responded to and most of the time there is no phone number listed for merchants. When I can find a merchant phone number a lot of the time their mailbox is full or if I leave a message they will not respond.

When I call Link Share their phone people run me around all over the place, most of the time not answering anything and never offering any real help. The people that they have working the phones are all very nice but when I call them 80% of the time I'm talking with someone who appears to have no experience or knowledge with regard to what I do. They can't relate to what I'm talking about and they don't understand what my needs are. I spoke to one girl the other day who kept insisting that I "call" an email address. I feel as if they have a list of possible questions and answers in front of them and if you ask them to stray from that list they don't know how to handle the call.

My experience with Link Share has been incredibly frustrating.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread