Question What is your best long term $$$ maker?
    Just curious what everyone is having success with? You certainly don't have to post any specifics, but what types of programs are making you some decent $$$ in the long term. I am running credit card offers and educational offers and doing fairly well with both.

(Full disclosure: I am looking for new ideas to promote myself.)

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    My best long term $$$ maker is my regular full time job!

I doubt that people will even tell you the "types of programs". I would suppose that the better converting ones would be in the niches they wouldn't want to share. You've got to experiment, burn yourself, experiment again, burn yourself again... and eventually find that golden mine...

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, welcome to the forums! Good question: not for specifics, but for generalities in what to look for.

I've been doing mostly consumer product type stuff for affiliate programs, and what I've found to make the most $$$ are hot items with low ticket prices that sell quick, and high ticket items with good programs that have good OPMs (like the ones here at ABW) and looooooong return days.

ABW Ambassador
    Anything with residual income

One where you can corner the market (or nearly) or strike a deal with a merchant who has only a few in-house affiliates.

Shoe stores do well for repeat business from my regulars, especially those with kids. Every few months they need more shoes.
    I imagine any consumables would be good for repeat business, like inkjets, even clothes. Getting the shopper to bookmark your site, and sending them regular updates, etc. is important.
    If you can get the users comfortable with your site, and coming time and time again, then you'll have a good long-term $ maker.
    Trying for the quick one-time-sale will be more difficult in the long term, unless you keep tweaking keywords, search optimization, continually promoting and adding links, etc.

Thank you all for the responses. You guys have made me feel very welcome! Yes, I would not expect anyone to give up their niche secrets - I know I wouldnt :-)

I just wanted to take the pulse of the board and see what others were thinking and doing in a general sense. Would love to see more comments...

On a semi related note...

Have you ever run any adult offers such as adult 'dating' personals etc, and are you having any success? I am on the fence, as there is certainly is a truckload of never ending money being spent on that type of stuff... but not sure if I want to cross over to the 'dark side'...

Get the message?

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Wha?

I think he means you're fishing for ideas on what you can add to your own site offerings. I think that's why a lot of people are here; most are just not so direct in their first posting, usually you hang around and participate before asking something so bold.

Aha thanks for the clarification. I had no idea what that was saying (why not just type the words??). As I disclosed in my first post, I am looking for ideas. Anyway, prob time to shut this thread down if the admin is sending me pictograms :-)

Have you found and read The Magic Bullet Thread yet? If not, here it is...

The Magic Bullet Thread

Highly recommended.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks Beachy I will check that out! :-)

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread