Legitimate sites that pay you to do tedious stuff...
    Hey, I was wondering if you guys know of any legitimate sites that actually pay you for doing certain things, whether it be trying out offers, reading e-mails, or looking at websites or what have you.

I always end up going to the wrong ones and I was wondering if there were any that were reputable. If you know of any that are trustworthy, if you wouldn't mind recommending me to them, that would be great.

I'm almost at the point where I think everything on the internet is bogus(which is a good mindset to have), but I work in the computer lab, so if I could do something to make money while I'm at work already making money, then that would be awesome. Us college students got to pay them bills X)

Try Amazon Mechanical Turk.
    http://www.mturk.com/

You'd make a lot more money doing some affiliate marketing, though.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Amazon Mechanical Turk.
    LOL You could make more money pickin' cans!

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Off the side of the road.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Affiliate Manager
    While riding a tricycle

While riding a tricycle
    That has two wheels.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

Affiliate Manager
    While riding a tricycle
    That has two wheels.
    And one is flat

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    While riding a tricycle
    Quote:
    That has two wheels.
    And one is flat
    With a spammer tied to your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    While riding a tricycle
    Quote:
    That has two wheels.

Work on Sunday mornings only.
    Generate more fake news.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    While riding a tricycle
    Quote:
    That has two wheels.

uphill, both ways

With it tied to a tree

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

during a level 5 hurricane

blindfolded
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

ABW Ambassador
    armless

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    with a toothache

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by insainiac01
    Hey, I was wondering if you guys know of any legitimate sites that actually pay you for doing certain things, whether it be trying out offers, reading e-mails, or looking at websites or what have you. Us college students got to pay them bills X)

If you really are a college student I admire your youth, appreciate your naivety and congratulate you on your resourcefulness. A little well intended advice.

Your first post in a forum is your introduction. Most of the boys and girls that post here on a regular basis would likely not respond too helpfully (as you have seen) when the first thing a person posts is "help me make money." It's kind of scoffed at and ignored.

Think of it like this.... If you were walking down the street and a total stranger walked up to you and the first thing he said was: "hey you, tell me how to make some money" what would your honest reaction be?

If you are here because you actually want to participate in a forum for internet marketing, want to learn, share opinions, discuss ideas and otherwise add value here, you have had your first lesson and you can learn from that lesson and move ahead by contributing to the forum as opposed to entering the room with your hand out. Like all successful journeys in your life ahead, through time, participation, contribution and persistence, you advance.

BTW, welcome to ABW. Hope to see you develop into a regular contributor. You mention that you are in computer lab? Are you majoring in Computer Science? Tell us a little about yourself and then start building from there. In the meantime forget the "get paid to read email" stuff. Be well young man / woman and best wishes with your education and life growth.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    If you really are a college student I admire your youth, appreciate your naivety and congratulate you on your resourcefulness. A little well intended advice.

Your first post in a forum is your introduction. Most of the boys and girls that post here on a regular basis would likely not respond too helpfully (as you have seen) when the first thing a person posts is "help me make money." It's kind of scoffed at and ignored.

Think of it like this.... If you were walking down the street and a total stranger walked up to you and the first thing he said was: "hey you, tell me how to make some money" what would your honest reaction be?

If you are here because you actually want to participate in a forum for internet marketing, want to learn, share opinions, discuss ideas and otherwise add value here, you have had your first lesson and you can learn from that lesson and move ahead by contributing to the forum as opposed to entering the room with your hand out. Like all successful journeys in your life ahead, through time, participation, contribution and persistence, you advance.

BTW, welcome to ABW. Hope to see you develop into a regular contributor. You mention that you are in computer lab? Are you majoring in Computer Science? Tell us a little about yourself and then start building from there. In the meantime forget the "get paid to read email" stuff. Be well young man / woman and best wishes with your education and life growth.
    Wow lol...yeah not too helpful they were, but I did find it funny at least heh ...

Ohh and I didn't understand that's how things worked around here. I mean, when I usually answer the no0b forum that we have for questions that they have, we allow for it to be limitless and ask any question they may have. Anyways, that's why I thought it was like a ask any question you want kind of deal, or that's how I have always interpreted it.

So yeah, introduction...Well I'm currently a computer science major...but I'm getting kind of tired of it heh...programming gets kind of boring after a while X). I haven't quite figured out what I want to change it to yet though, although, I had tossed around networking as an option, because a friend of mine, who also majors in computer science, said I would like it because it's more hands on. However, I talked to the guy who heads it up and he expressed to me that it was rediculousoly hard to major in, because one of the classes had like a three quarter's drop out rate or something, so that kind of turned me off to the idea. Well that and I would have to be here for at least another 2 years minimum and I'm already a Junior, which is probably gonna happen anyways, but I just don't want to admit it yet heh XP. So, for now I haven't quite decided what I want to change it to, but I figured I might just get 9 more hours in computer science for the minor and then maybe change from a BS to a BA and take some spanish. As far as what I would major in though, I'm not too sure, and I'll probably just end up doing something generic like business.

Also, the only reason I asked the question, is because I always get spambertisements and e-mail scams about them and I was wondering if there were any legitimate ones. Obviously I can see what you mean about the whole asking for money as my first post and I can see how that might be taken the way it was heh, but umm yeah, you have been really helpful and I appreciate the feedback. I also appreciate the other feedback, because I thought it was frickin Hillarious X)...

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by insainiac01
    Hey, I was wondering if you guys know of any legitimate sites that actually pay you for doing certain things, whether it be trying out offers, reading e-mails, or looking at websites or what have you.
    This is not a good forum for that. Try workplacelikehome and no, I am not affiliated with them.

Haven't tried any of those read email, survey things, but i'm sure AM will make you more money in the long run.

Quick Get Paid To Do Stuff Schemes Are Dead!
    As far as I can see from this post people still think that it is possible to chase these so called get paid to do stuff schemes and opportunities. People still honestly believe that it is possible to make a certain amount of money the quick way like doing some tedious stuff.

Well let me tell you I have done the same mistake as you before but now I really understand the value of having a real business.

In order to make a real serious amount of money on the internet you have to shift your focus from all these quick get paid to do stuff schemes that will never take you anywhere and follow only one direction and that is build a real solid business.

Here's why:

For doing some tedious jobs on a daily basis you are going to earn only pocket money and maybe you won't earn anything at all. I'm not looking to work like a dog and generate a measily 100$ per month. I'm into building real solid businesses on the web, and dealing with real money-making systems.

It just takes a bit more effort in the beginning to follow the direction of creating a real solid businss but once it is set up you get the rewards en mass.

Whereas it takes a daily effort (just like a job, every day you have to take the same effort) to only get paid pocket change!

Think about it and take the little effort in the beginning but just follow one step by step blueprint and once you have followed through (that is the only effor it'll take you have built a real business that is going to work for you no matter if you are there or on vacation!

Shift your focus from chasing all these get rich quick schemes to building a solid business and that is all you have to do to make the difference!

If you have any other questions, please send me an email, and post them here so that I can respond to your questions.

Cay Candies.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread