Zappos - Many links not working
    I read in the thread about all the delays where someone mentioned that some of Zappos links were not working. I checked some of mine and found that nearly half of them were not working. The error is indicating that it is a Zappos problem. Well........... it's OUR problem and it expalins why my sales are not catching up after the delay. Tracking is impossible if the customer can not make a purchase.......... Between CJ and the deaf mute Zappos, this holiday season could be
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Links seem to be working again. I have no clue how long they were not working, but based on sales, my guess would be most of the day. My sales stopped yesterday as well, and never did catch up.

No Cookie Sales either........
    I find it extrememly unusual that I have not had ONE cookie sale since all this crap started on the 2nd...

Any luck contacting Neill Morris?

I'm the one who posted the note in the reporting delay thread. I called Zappos customer support on Saturday morning and they told me that the website problems were being fixed. This morning I got an email from Zappos customer support saying that they're working towards a "new and improved website" and the problems are related to this change. We should probably keep an eye on the site as any major content/layout/function changes might impact affiliate links.

There were a lot of zappos links on their own site not working yesterday either, pick a page of shoes, click a link and it kept returning out of stock for many products, a few hours later they were ok.

I agree it's pretty crap and my last 2 days with them have been the worst in the last month while sales should (and have been) climbing.

However at least they have a major motivation to sort it as fast as possible is it will be affecting all their sales, not just from affilaites which might get a lower priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    Any luck contacting Neill Morris?
    No... I have been trying for ever since they announced the purchase of 6PM. I have tried CJ mail and direct mail. Thus - the deaf-mute comment.
    I guess I should add blind in there somewhere. I have already tagged stupid on me for continuing to promote them. Since the commsih whack it has become very difficult to make a nickle. So silly me..... for trying.

Amazing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by droland
    I'm the one who posted the note in the reporting delay thread. I called Zappos customer support on Saturday morning and they told me that the website problems were being fixed. This morning I got an email from Zappos customer support saying that they're working towards a "new and improved website" and the problems are related to this change. We should probably keep an eye on the site as any major content/layout/function changes might impact affiliate links.
    Absolutely amazing; mess with your bread and butter as we enter into the holiday season. Don't be surprised if all links change. This thought makes me want to .

Thanks for the info droland. It just was not the answer I wanted to hear from them. It's the holiday season and here I am with all of my campaigns shut down, wondering what zappos is doing. This is when I would be tagging cookies for the big rush.,,. but Nooooooooooooooooooo!!! Lets introduce a new site and SCREW everything up for the affiliates...

Lat year they made major changes to the datafeed at this time - suggested I contacted cj if I didn't know how to implement it properly.

We need one of those cartoon phones where you reach into the handset and either grab their throat or biff them with a boxing glove.

I haven't been able to get to Zappos home page for 2 day now. Is it a server thing or are they completely down?

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

Quote Originally Posted by CDC
    I haven't been able to get to Zappos home page for 2 day now. Is it a server thing or are they completely down?

CDC
    Seems to be up for me. Sorry, I didn't see your message yesterday, or I would have checked. Sales and traffic from zappos stopped at 1500PST yesterday for me. That is extrememely suspicious. They are allegedly messing with their site so undoubtably we are losing some sales. Of course, they will make it all up to us.................. well............umm............ as soon as it snows in Equador.

Haven't seen any unusual fluctuations in Zappos sales & they've actually been pretty good but if all the landing pages change, it will be a bit of a challenge. Might have to go through and check them all...That site is a conversion machine, not sure what more they could do to make it better.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread