Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All,

With some of the heated discussions of late about the immanent war, I've been getting complaints about anti this or that religion or group. Such postings MUST stop!

Thank you,

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you.

-----------------------------

Hell wasn't big enough so I had to come back.

Haiko! Does that include the French?

I could type much better if I had knuckles

There is no need to debase any open conversation, no matter how heated, with insults or attacks against any religion, race or creed.

</font></p>

Thanks for your sensitivity even though I think it's a bit late but better than not at all.

and regarding this post can you check this page and see if you can see anything mentioned in it regarding this thread.

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...496031162&p=12

and yes I did ! that anyway.

iucpxleps. &lt;= please spell this, it's the meaning of life.

Haiko, Do we have community guidelines here? If not, why not? If so, where?

I also run a rather large community (185,000 posts). Feel free to copy / use my community guidelines:

http://www.bikeforums.net/misc.php?s...q&page=1#about

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    What about posts regarding the concept of religion altogether? Surely that's OK?

Or is that offending all religious bigots equally? :^)

Jimmy James fan club membership # 3312

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Gardner:
    Haiko, Do we have community guidelines here? If not, why not? If so, where?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As listed on Registration and the front page ...

Important! Please read the A Best Web message board rules

and rules goes to http://www.abestweb.com/rules.htm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

</font></p>

[This message was edited by Haiko on March 19, 2003 at 12:53 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drewbert:
    What about posts regarding the concept of religion altogether? Surely that's OK?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Estas una Pepino conpadre?

Yes, all religions and even SSanf with satanic stuff is allowed also!

</font></p>

This is not to Haiko I'm just using your post because I'm pretty sure others have referenced mine from it.

I still fail to see what it is about my post that anyone finds the least bit offensive. If any of you read it, and I do mean actually read it, you'll see it is not at all offensive. It appears some people around here can't read.

I think they see my name on a post and assume the worst. Fact of life numeral uno religions are not usually friendly towards other beliefs.

Most religions believe in a punishment for those who are not believers.. Mine has two with the first being armagedon and the second being hell. The Muslem faith believes in Jihad (not sure on spelling) and hell and the hindu faiths believe in karma and being reincarnated as a lesser animal.

It's just a fact of religion that it contains punishment and sometimes hatred for those who do not follow. Even if the punishment is only lack of reward it's still a punishment.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> SSanf with satanic stuff <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got to be kidding.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    As listed on Registration and the front page ...

Important! Please read the A Best Web message board rules<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw that 3 secconds after posting I bookmarked the "get new posts" link, i rarely hit the front page of the forums...

ABW Ambassador
    haha. Satan isn't a deity worshipped by pagans... afaik.

lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yes, all religions and even SSanf with satanic stuff is allowed also! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT!!

That's a joke, right?

Uh, in case not, I thought you knew that Satan is in the Christian pantheon of deities. That is not a pantheon we generally use.

If we believed in that pantheon we would by definition be Christians, which we aren't.

I hope you don't have us confused with Satanists. They are just Christians in rebellion. We are all together different.

Are you Satanists?
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> No. To be a Satanist, one must believe in Satan. Witches do not believe in Satan, as such. The popular image of the goat-hooved, pointy-horned devil is a deliberate corruption by the early missionary church of the European Pagan Horned God, who has been depicted in Greece as Pan, and in ancient Gaul as Cernunnos (who is pictured having a stag's antlers). Making indigenous gods into evil beings was the early church's most reliable method of gaining converts. Some missionary Christian groups continue the practice to this day, in areas that have retained their old religions.

Our Horned God is neither evil nor a source of evil; He is the energy of nature, of plant and animal life, which energy manifests for people in music and dance, intoxication and ecstasy, and all joyous activities, including lovemaking.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wanted to add that I appreciate your willingness to allow Satanists. I just don't happen to be one.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on March 19, 2003 at 06:26 AM.]

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>the hindu faiths believe in karma and being reincarnated as a lesser animal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heyder,

The Hindu faith believes in karma and being reincarnated as a lesser animal not because you belong to another faith.

According to the bhagvat gita, a modern hindu philosophical hand-book, the hindu god krishna tries to explain to arjuna, (who was krishna's close freind and the main warrior in the mahabharata war) that you have to do your duty - no matter what!

The mahabharata, which the bhagawat gita is a prart of, was an epic describing a war between two huge kingdoms of india, krishna was arjuna's advisor in that war and persuaded him to fight - because that was his duty."Wars, are cruel" said krishna, "But, since you are in the battlefeild, it's your duty to fight, so pick up your weapons and kill your enemies".

All I want to explain here is, there is no such thing as good karma or bad karma, there is karma - you do it and you get graduated to a better lifetime, you don't do it and you get re-incarnated as a lower lifeform.So, when osama bin laden thinks that his duty is to kill all of us christians, hindus, buddhists, sufis, taoists and all others who do not belong to islam, he is just doing his duty and will graduate to a better life in his next incarnation. When GWB thinks that saddam is a bad boy and needs to be killed, and kills him - he did his duty and his karma will be positively counted.

Non-Hindus Do NOT get negetive karma for not being a hindu - according to the hindu books.

The ancient india was much similar to the america before 911 -
    People from all over the world, belonging to all races came here in search of a better lifestyle and many opportunities and freedom of all kinds was the core value to live in the country.

there is no "other" religion for a hindu. Being a hindu is not like being a buddhist or christian or moslem, it's more like being an american - hinduism is a way of life, based on a few simple theories that were thought and written down by the ancient thinkers of india.

---
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." ~ The Tathagata

The Questions

What is a Witch? What is Witchcraft?

Do you pray? Who do you pray to?

Are you Satanists?

What about evil? What are your ethics/morals?

Do you do animal/human sacrifices?

Do you have gurus, leaders, priests, masters?

What do you think happens after death? Do you believe in heaven and hell?

What is your magic? Does it work? How?

Do you do Black Magic?

Do you cast spells?

How do you worship? What are your holidays? What do you do then?

How many of you are there? Do you raise your children in this?

How do you become a Witch?

Where can I find out more?

The Straightforward Answers

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Presumably scumware pushers don't count as a creed though?

________
    All your commission are belong to us.

My 2c - I come here for technical discussions and do not want to read or participate in
    church and state matters. There are other
    forums for these matters.

ABW Ambassador
    Ditto, El Jefe.

All these war and religion talking people should STFU, IMO.

I'm an anti-theist. Not necessarily an atheist -- I don't believe in organized religions.

Any conversation relating to religion, including the bulk of this thread, is offensive to me.

--
    "No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they're always there." – Norman Vincent Peale
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org

Me thinks we need to stop caring so much about offending people. Honestly I could care less if you are offended because someone talks about religion. Just remember those green papers have "In God we trust" printed on them. This means our government has decided God is part of our country.

Sorry if you are offended. Given that most people do have some kind of religion, and they talk about it sometimes, you must be frequently offended.

I have deliberately not used this board to impart very much information about Pagan beliefs. Those interested are certainly able to find the information. We are NOT seeking converts.

However, I do feel that the misstatement saying that I, a Pagan, have something to do with the Christian deity Satan needed to be addressed since it is entirely in error.

ABW Ambassador
    I think people need to stop getting offended so much period. People get waaay tooooo offended waaaay toooo easily, or claim to.

----
    -J
    Up in the air in revenue share

Yes they do get offended way to easily or claim to be and then use that to further their own religion or lack there of. Best part is they think we will always fall for it. It's time for evil such as the ACLU to be stopped.

ABW Ambassador
    Sandra has every right and reason to be offended in this particular case.

I have had "Satan" shoved down my throat by Christians everywhere I turn. My own wife believes that I am a Satanist because I will no longer attend church services with her, because their ministers rant and rave about Satan all through Sunday Service. Never had this problem with any Pagan, Buddhist, Hindu, Jew, Muslim, Jain, Zoroastian or subscriber to any other religion.

Christians believe in Satan. Satan is an integral part of their coterie of deities. Pagans have managed to avoid or escape such affectations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast