Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Father & Son & 67 Degrees On The River
    What a gorgeous day in paradise today!! My oldest boy Jeremy and I spent one of those classic father & son quality times together today doing what we've been doing together now for 28 years - chasing wild trout!! :-)

Today's trip was to a stretch of the Middle fork of the South Platte River up in the mountains near South Park. (Yep, the real South Park) The weather was beautiful - complete with bright sun and 67 degrees. The company was excellent, and the conversations and sparring sessions with the browns were a blast.

This stretch of the river is known to locals as "The Dream Stream" for it's abundance of Brown, Rainbow and Cutbow trout. Dry flies, nymphs, streamers... they love them all!

The Browns are spawning up the river right now, which explains the kiped bottom jaw. Here's a couple samples of the days catch (and yes Rex, released alive and happy!! LOL)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Sounds like an absolutely great day, Alan. Congrats. We are all due for days like that every now and again.

Normally I would say that I am envious, but this weekend I will refrain. Mrs. Beachy and I just had a week of quality time together, and with three other couples who are all close friends -- on a cruise from Baltimore to Bermuda and back. The weather in Bermuda was as you described your day on the river. (Didn't catch any fish, but did have a tour of the Bermuda Aquarium and had a great dinner of Norwegian salmon on board the ship. )

Y'know, we are both lucky men -- being able to do things we love and sharing the experience with those that we love.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    So true Beach man, so true. Happy to hear that you spent a week of cruisin time with Mrs Beach and close friends too. Paradise comes in many forms, and you know what? It's all good.... :-)
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Beautiful pictures, Alan.

67 degrees in CO? You're lucky!! I was thinking of going fishing this weekend too, but considering that the place (river) is close to 200 miles north of where I am, and the air temperature was in the low 30's, I decided to hang around the company of my girls (both of which have a cold now)... You are one lucky man, Alan! Thank you for sharing the pictures and the fishing experience. Always fun reading about your fishing adventures.

Geno

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread