What Would Really Happen If We All Dropped Companies?
    Would it REALLY hurt some of these merchants if we all decided to blackball them? I sometimes wonder... Or if 90% of the affiliates here stopped doing business with CJ? Would it make a dent? How big? Enough to hurt?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Arrow
    I doubt it.

Besides, some enterprising people would take advantage of it and keep on keeping on.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I doubt it.

Besides, some enterprising people would take advantage of it and keep on keeping on.
    True. Look at the writer's strike in CA. I wonder how many new, unknown writers will get a job out of it.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    If you control a large % of the market, you can..

like OPEC..

Or if 90% of the affiliates here stopped doing business with CJ? Would it make a dent?
    They'd just let even more parasites in to fill the void.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    True. Look at the writer's strike in CA. I wonder how many new, unknown writers will get a job out of it.
    A real possibility here... :-) I have my resume going out to all the networks, and especially Lorne Michaels! Someone's got to do something to stop the bleeding at SNL.

But on the topic of if everyone on ABW stopped doing biz with CZ, LS and / or others, it probably would not have enough impact to make the difference. Money talks, and to many, right and wrong take on new definitions when money is involved. But the bright side is: We have a couple networks that are moving the right direction, and the merchants / affiliates who partner through these networks can build on the good. Now all we need is for Brian to convert Wall Street and Corporate America that "right" is more important than pure monetary gain!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    A real possibility here... :-) I have my resume going out to all the networks, and especially Lorne Michaels! Someone's got to do something to stop the bleeding at SNL.
    omg! They SO need some new writers on SNL. I keep watching it and wondering why... It's not funny anymore. I guess it's just a habit from the good ol' days.
    leeann

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I don't know how many people are at ABW, but I think it is very doubtful that there would be any big effect.
    CJ is huge and they get links from all over. When I first started looking into affiliate marketing I saw many times over Amazon.com and Commission Junction. I never heard about abest web nor shareasale at all, so like most people I signed up with them and you'll notice that my first website for affiliate marketing used CJ links.
    I personally found their reporting to be confusing and incomplete and after I learned about parasites I realized that they didn't care.

Until more people promote SAS and other similar networks, newbies will keep signing up with CJ.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    omg! They SO need some new writers on SNL. I keep watching it and wondering why... It's not funny anymore. I guess it's just a habit from the good ol' days.
    Hey I hear ya loud and clear. A one time icon of a show has become really, really boring the past three years. Terrible writing, but from habit if I am around when it comes on, I seem to automatically tune in to see if it can be as bad as the week before!! Somebody give them CPR. LOL
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Would it REALLY hurt some of these merchants if we all decided to blackball them? I sometimes wonder... Or if 90% of the affiliates here stopped doing business with CJ? Would it make a dent? How big? Enough to hurt?
    It would hurt CJ if they were massively blackballed. For them to make the serious money, they need trackable transactions happening.

Merchants on the other hand make money whether the transactions are trackable or not--just as long as there are transactions from somewhere. Customers come in via several methods--direct listings from SEs, PPC, other advertising, word-of-mouth, etc. So for them it would depend on 1) The relative size of the affiliate channel, and 2) What they could do to replace those sales.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread