Saddam puts a price on British and US heads

Guess that is the only way he has a chance of getting them to fight for him.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Humm Somehow, I doubt that many will take him up on the offer. It would be like buying Confederate war bonds just before Appomattox.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    For a little insight on why the USA -British and Israeli's need to take the gloves off on these Islamic extremists before their poisoned minds get more followers.

"Hamas Urges Iraqi Suicide Attacks on US-Led Forces
    Fri March 21, 2003 10:58 AM ET
    By Nidal al-Mughrabi
    GAZA (Reuters) - The militant Islamic groups Hamas and Islamic Jihad urged Iraqis on Friday to carry out suicide bombings against invading U.S. and British forces in Iraq.

Thousands of Palestinians also voiced their anger over the U.S.-led war in Iraq by protesting across the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Some demonstrators urged Iraq to attack Tel Aviv -- as it did, with Scud missiles, during the 1991 Gulf war.

"Iraqis should prepare explosive belts and would-be martyrs (suicide bombers) to combat the U.S. occupiers," senior Hamas leader Abdel Aziz-al-Rantissi told Reuters in the Gaza Strip.

"The American aggressors, the American invaders are now on Iraqi soil, therefore, Iraqis must confront them with all possible means, including martyrdom (suicide) operations."

Hamas, which is sworn to Israel's destruction, has spearheaded a suicide bombing campaign which has killed hundreds of Israelis since interim peace accords were signed in 1993.

Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, the group's spiritual leader, later echoed Rantissi's call for suicide attacks and urged the Iraqi people "to destroy every tank, to kill every soldier."

The Islamic Jihad, another militant group that has carried out suicide bombings against Israelis, also took up the call.

"We urge all fighters...to advance in their explosive belts toward the invading forces, to blow up their blessed bodies amid the new aggressive crusader forces," it said in a statement sent to Reuters in Beirut.

IRAQI SUPPORT FOR PALESTINIANS

Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has given payments of $25,000 to the families of suicide bombers who have carried out attacks against Israel since a Palestinian uprising for statehood began in September 2000 after peace negotiations became deadlocked. The payouts have run into millions of dollars."

GWB is again able to make the mouthpieces for the terrorist come out a express their true intent....murder -rape and pillaging of all peoples who aren't Muslim. Death worshippers will get their wish as our troups will force Islam to get exposed worldwide. This is not a good PR recruiting drive for pledging your soul to Allah.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NewcastleB:
    Humm Somehow, I doubt that many will take him up on the offer. It would be like buying Confederate war bonds just before Appomattox.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Or like praying your only remaining down card is the jack you need to complete your royal flush, with 4 jacks showing on the table in the other hands

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hamas Urges Iraqi Suicide Attacks on US-Led Forces <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hamas is living in a dreamer's world because, unlike with regular suicide attacks, these would be aimed at those willing, able and ready to blast them!

They may sneak a few by but I doubt they'd have much success in a situation of open warfare where ALL the opposing side is READY as opposed to attacks in places like Isreal where the bombers' targets are usually engaged in some form of nonhostile, but distracting, civilian activity like going to the market or eating in a restaurant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Death worshippers will get their wish as our troups will force Islam to get exposed worldwide. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please remember that not ALL Muslims think death is such a grand idea! The relatively few numbers of attacks in relation to the millions of Muslims there are around the world, show that a lot of them must take a much less radical view of Islam than the terrorists do.

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

It's a very powerful tool psychologically.
    Like the Kamikazi pilots - how do you defend yourself against someone who is determined to die?
    It puts enormous pressure on troops.

ABW Ambassador
    The hypocrisy of these leaders has never been clearer.

Saddam and Uday could blow themselves up and stop the destruction now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> how do you defend yourself against someone who is determined to die?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

make sure they achieve their goal before they reach you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    how do you defend yourself against someone who is determined to die?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

make sure they achieve their goal before they reach you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, of course. But can you imagine how that scares soldiers who expect to fight people who want to stay alive?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hamas Urges Iraqi Suicide Attacks on US-Led Forces
    Fri March 21, 2003 10:58 AM ET
    By CAPTAIN OBVIOUS<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Iraq does not have the capital or weapons to wage a conventional war. I have no doubt this war will be over quickly and with minimal loss of life. (Okay, at least the conventional part.)

I worry about the aftermath, especially when psychos see ticker tape parades in the streets of LA, NY, DC, Rapid City, etc.

They'll have the same reaction John and Jane Q American did when the news broadcast Palestinians dancing in the streets after 9-11. The difference? They have nothing to live for.

(Psychos exist in every climate, every nation, and in every religion. I make no distinction.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by weisinator:
    I worry about the aftermath, especially when psychos see ticker tape parades in the streets of LA, NY, DC, Rapid City, etc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the main parade will be within Iraq by the Iraqi people. The "psychos" know that, though he was quite helpful to their cause with his $25K payments to the families of suicide murderers, Saddam was only on one side - his own.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>They'll have the same reaction John and Jane Q American did when the news broadcast Palestinians dancing in the streets after 9-11. The difference? They have nothing to live for.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, it turned out that that clip was of a birthday party or similar celebration from months before the fact and was simply used as disinformation.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The propaganda still smells like BS..."Actually, it turned out that that clip was of a birthday party or similar celebration from months before the fact and was simply used as disinformation."

Notice in the clip the Dancing Iraqis are in front of the Saddam poster where a US Marine is standing on a ladder. The US soldier is using his knife to cut and tear off pieces of Saddam's mug as the Iraqi pount on the face with a shoe for the benefit of the cameraman.

The clip was real and shot today in Iraq.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    He was referring to the clip of Palestinians who were allegedly dancing about the news of 9-11 (as actually being from a birthday party), not the clip of happy Iraqis...

Not that I particularly buy the counter-propaganda that it was really a birthday party.

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

I spoke to two members of our armed forces last week (both officers), who said their "People" were "pumped."

I think our troops are far more worried about getting their chem/bio gear on fast enough, than they are with any clown with dynamite strapped to their body.

Let me say something, I have not said so far. We are all speculating, none of us really know what is going on. I think it's great for some of us to give our opinions, but bothers me when someone steps up and say something - as though they were there.

Fred

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." Abraham Lincoln

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Not that I particularly buy the counter-propaganda that it was really a birthday party.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> As I recall the counterspeak sounded believable at the time, but who knows, it could be that the U.S. floated it to help protect average everyday residents and citizens of the U.S., that just happened to be of Arab descent, from unwarranted reprisals during that highly emotional period.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread