Thumbs down Thoughts About StubHub Program Changes
    I was wondering what Stubhub affiliates thought about the new commission structure? 8% sales commission, no leads commission. Kind of makes Stubhub just like every other ticket site except for the low 8% commission. Tell me what you think.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Well.... there doesn't appear to be any difference now between their independent program and their CJ program. I switched all my links to their independent merchant program 2 years ago because it paid better commissions and paid on leads. I'm seriously thinking about changing some of their links to TicketsNow just to let them know what I think.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

I was never able to do anything with TicketsNow. I hooked up with Ticket Network at Affiliate Summit in July and have been doing OK in my Baltimore Market. I don't think I got a "special deal" but the commission level is better than with StubHub or TicketsNow.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I think it stinks...

I already talked to Emily at StubHub about it. I understand why they are doing it but I've spent quite a bit of time building a website around their commission structure. I had my best month ever and then get the notice.

If RazorGator or any other ticket company (are you listening?) would pay for leads I'll forward my traffic to you...

I agree Kylemcpeck, if another ticket site would pay for leads and sales, I could send a bunch of traffic. I too had my best month ever when I got the notice...In the future, if AM's would go to their affiliates and ask for their opinion, they might just get solutions to problems instead of alienating their honest, hard working affiliates.. I just don't know if I really believe the issues were bad enough to cut that side of the commission structure all together without trying other avenues..Maybe, they just don't need us anymore.

Below are some of the other ticket affiliate programs and what they pay out:

>>>webticketstore 12% through cj, ticketsnow 7-9% in house and cj, discountontickets 10% in house, ticketliquidator up to 10%, stubhub 8%.>>>

StubHubAM, since the majority of the potential income from your program is going to vacate, will you have sales incentives? Bonuses, like the other ticket affiliate programs have? Just curious. Man, I hate to do all that coding again.

I definately feel your pain tunasub. I don't really understand it either. Seems like there could have been other options, unless this came down from the top, and I mean the tip top. Like the new owners. But, I'll roll with it and have faith that all the hard work I have put into this program wont just be "shut down" with a 2 months notice. Good Nite to all, it's time for me to GOGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Cagles Mill
    I'm seriously thinking about changing some of their links to TicketsNow just to let them know what I think.
    Good idea
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Users who create multiple ids and post in the same thread will be deleted.

Goodbye!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

StubHubAM I see you reading the post, care to comment?

I know people want answers!

*This post has nothing to do with my post above.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager
    Sure Thing Haiko,

As you all are aware, we are the one ticket affiliate program that has in the past offered a listing side commission to our affiliates. While this proved very successful at the beginning, as the program has gotten larger the amount of abuse has lead us to make a business decision to end this side of our program. Most of the abuse is affiliates who are listing their own tickets to earn the commission.

We completely understand the disappointment for those who have worked so hard to drive the sell side business and are always available to discuss concerns.

Question
    Fine and good, we talked about this 2 months ago and again today, I understand the issues you are facing and I hope that the opportunity presented to other ticketing sites is apparent. Who will step forward and begin buying leads? I, like many others here, have traffic that has tickets to sell.

Question to every other ticket site:

Who wants the clicks and listings?

HINT: This would be a GREAT way for an ambitious ticketing site to begin boosting their online inventory AND increasing their traffic substantially. Let's see what happens next.
    Last edited by evileric; December 18th, 2007 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling :)_

We were just talking about this today in our office. Some second or third tier ticket site could make a quick jump by offering cash for leads/listings.

I completely agree. Ticket Liquidator... TicketsNow... RazorGator... Are you listening? First one to snag this opportunity is going to get a few hundred NEW listings a month... maybe more.

I know it's frustrating, I have been dealing with this frustration too and on the 31st when Emily took down the listings/leads from the stats page, I had to go have a ciggy just to continue to work. -- But, I will say this....Help is on the way. I'm no politician but 2008 is the year of change. Keep your eyes open because things are NEVER as bad as you think they are.

Had our best month ever as we prepared to lose the leads program...

Hated it...

Kyle - I feel your pain.

btw, nice auction site (I think that's yours anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by evileric
    Kyle - I feel your pain.

btw, nice auction site (I think that's yours anyway).
    Thank you, it is...

Considering Dropping StubHub, or adding another program
    This is the first time in four years of using StubHub that I've had five days of no sales at all or revenue from leads. Nothing. So it's not worth the trouble to send people to StubHub at all.

Strangely enough, I had my first day with more than 2 sales today! Too bad that my combined earnings for the month are 50% behind where they should be so far... grrr

BRING BACK THE LEADS! (Even $1 cpa is better than nothing)!

Stubhub has totally tanked for me since this change took place in November. I sorta forgot about it and I was just comparing 2007 and 2008 CJ sales and there is a huge difference w/ Stubhub. It's time to part company with them...well actually.. it's long overdue. Any success stories out there with anyone else?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I still do well with them but nothing like I used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemcpeck
    I still do well with them but nothing like I used to do.
    I agree, I still do okay. I do find myself daydreaming of the "good-ole days". Can you imagine stubhub's bottom line for the first quarter after soaking up all the extra revenue that was previously going to their affiliates? WOW. When you think about it that way, it kind of leaves a stinky taste in your mouth. Blahh!! LOL - It will be fine though. I hear rumors of another ticket selling site perhaps paying affiliates for leads. How cool would that be?

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread