What tweaks can I make for better conversions?
    Yesterday, I had 569 clickthrus on CJ without a single order. To me, that means that my content was compelling enough to convince people to click through to the merchants' sites, but something caused all 569 people to abort a purchase.

Without giving out trade secrets here (because I know how everyone likes to remain hush hush about their sites and their tactics) can anyone list some things that are known to help people in their decisions to purchase products?

I have to say it depends on your unique situation. If the product is high dollar value it may require some overnight thinking on their part before they go ahead with a purchase. You'll make money with your cookie tracking later. If it's an item that you were able to get click thrus for but the merchant can't convert than perhaps their wording isn't as good as yours or perhaps the price is too high. Maybe it's just a curiosity item that doesn't really attract serious buyers.

Any ways Good Luck! I hope you make some money with them.

Do some searching on Google on preselling, then write your pages to pre-sell the service or product you are promoting.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    As you do not state specifics on what it is you are trying to sell, it is impossible to hone in on what you need to do. Some basics...

1.) easy to use navigation
    2.) positive call to action
    3.) incentive to purchase from this vendor
    4.) products that are valued / in demand
    5.) competitive pricing
    6.) reason to buy from you / your merchant

Divorce yourself from the fact that it is YOUR site or YOUR advertisement and look objectively at what similar products / services sites are offering. Is your price competitive? Is your order fulfillment prompt? Is the traffic coming from the right demographic? Are visitors tire kicking or are you geared to be a landing page for prospects who are ready to purchase? How do you reach such prospects? Is your traffic PPC, SEO, referral?

Does you site offer one specific product line or is it a 400,000 product banner board? If ppc, do you advertise by promoting a specific product that is popular, or do you advertise a comparison of "X" hundred thousand products and hope for the best? Do you target specific buyer ready products or do you use a shotgun approach.

These are just a few of hundreds of possibilities, and without knowing what it is, how you drive traffic, how it's presented when the visitor arrives, how the site looks, navigated, sells etc it is impossible for anyone to pinpoint recommendations. Good luck with your effort. Asking for input is a great start!! :-)
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

1. Product specific
    2. Throw in a review (possibly from an uploaded data feed)
    3. Include the price
    4. This is off-beat but when a product is below the fold and the consumer must scroll down I feel this better qualifies them to be a conversion on the Click Through
    5. Congrats on the CTR, but this game is about Conversions!

Another thing to consider is do your visitors "know" what they will get when they click your affiliate link? If it isn't clear, many will click just to see where the click goes.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    Another thing to consider is do your visitors "know" what they will get when they click your affiliate link? If it isn't clear, many will click just to see where the click goes.
    Greg,

I think you put the nail on head. I have offers, but I need to find a way to make the offers show exactly what they'll get when they click thru.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread