Low eBay Commissions? .35 on item that sold for $325?
    I am getting a bunch of ridiculously Low commissions on mid to high dollar item sales ...

Item sold for $325 -- .35 cents commission
    Item sold for $213 -- .30 cents commission

This has been going on for two months now -- several low commissions on good $ sale items.

Any eBay Affiliate experts know why?

Also, do you know if we get a "cut" of the dollar value end fee or whatever it's called that ebay tacks on to final sale price of an item if it is sold?

Thanks.

I believe that for ebay, the commission is not related to the final amount paid for the item. it is a percent of the ebay fees for that sale. so it depends on whatever ebay earns for that sale. i think it is 40%.

although i agree that the amount ebay earns on a $325 sales should be more that 80 cents or so, thats a little strange

Is this ebay.com or an international ebay site? Some of the european affiliates only pay 25-50 cents for a bid/purchase.

If it's ebay.com, you should get a cut of the listing fee + final value fee, which is easy to calculate (just google "final value fee" or "ebay listing fee" for more info).

My guess is that those auctions were listed under some type of special promotion with reduced fees, so the commission was less. But I think it's a good idea to ask eBay what's going on anyway.

Thanks for replying.

This is ebay.com -- I checked the ebay site for final value fees -- the only sellers not charged final value fees are ebay auto & real estate sellers.

The particular auction that had a winning bid of $325 should have paid $10.73 final value fee with my half at $5.36.

I have emailed ebay affiliate support -- hopefully I will get an answer.

Thanks again.

ebay runs specials for sellers with no listing fees, last one I saw was in September but maybe its something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    ebay runs specials for sellers with no listing fees, last one I saw was in September but maybe its something like that.
    Yep, but the commission on the final value fee alone should be much more than $0.35.

But I just got an email from eBay about miscalculation of some commissions in October, so I'm glad that someone noticed and inquired about it

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread