Why not? It's a *FREE* country now!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...urkey_troops_4

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Yup. The Kurds now get hammered by the Turks instead of Saddam.

And a missile flew into Iran and hit an oil installation. So they'll be putting their boots on righ tnow.

Great!

Jimmy James fan club membership # 3312

So much for liberating the Kurds from Saddamn, I guess they will have to be liberated from the Turks too...

I wonder what excuse the warmongers are going to use now.

Open your mind before you open your mouth, for ignorance is the
    downfall of man."

It's denied by the military officials.

-NO WAR-

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The 2 faced Turks are in for a rude awakening as this whole War is to prevent Muslem land grabbers everywhere from carrying out their adjendas. All terrorism is tied to Muslem land grab schemes. The stupid missle that landed over the border in Iran was fired by Saddaqm's forces not the USA. We don't miss as you can see from the damage in Bagdad.

Keep the conieving Turks out of Iraq as they plan to repeat Cypress and deserve to get their asses whooped. Must be something in their nature that prevents them from listening to a clear message. The moment their government went to an Islamic puppet regime they became a very questionable ali and subject to become irrelivent or shunned by both NATO and the UN.

Pulling our equipment and airforce jets out of Turkey and placing them somewhere safe would be a good move by GWB. Build out Afgani Bagram airbase and build a military airbase in Iraq makes more sense for the long haul as the USA will have to be the watchdog for the ME and focus on evil forces in Iran and Pakistan. Syria and Jordan are effectively neutralized. Oh the picture is changing in the shift of power in the ME. Watch out Yemen as surgical strikes will be coming your way in those terrorist controlled areas.

They are being forced into the realities of the 21st Century and do not go easily. Be thankful Muslems that GWB is the opposite of Hitler and we have no SS mentality within our armed forces ranks. Islamic nations with territorial asperations are being disarmed or neutralized and that will include Turkey.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on March 22, 2003 at 11:37 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> prevent Muslem land grabbers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and, ummm..how does a Scotsman find himself on the "St. Claire Shores"?

Will there be defenses of slavery too when that is the subject du jour?

-----------------------------

Hell wasn't big enough so I had to come back.

lmao,
    yeah right ecom. it's that easy.

go consult some history books then make your theories these seem funny as hell ehehehe. also your post shows that you have no idea about us, oh fyi I'm really happy that you dont have any idea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Keep the conieving Turks out of Iraq as they plan to repeat Cypress and deserve to get their asses whooped.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Our ass got whooped?? Yeah right.
    Must be something in their nature that prevents them from listening to a clear message.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's USA who doesnt get the clear message that the world is giving. NO WAR!
    Pulling our equipment and airforce jets out of Turkey and placing them somewhere safe would be a good move by GWB.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes i know you dont have any knowledge in intl. affiars. You cant find a place in the world that has the position of Turkey. SO forget packing up and going else where. There's no such place. But yes I wish you just get the hell out.
    Build out Bagram airbase and build a miliatry airbase in Iraq makes more sense for the long haul as the USA will have to be the watchdog for the ME
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hint hint. protect my oil.
    They are being forced into the realities of the 21st Century and do not go easily. Be thankful Muslems that GWB is the opposite of Hitler and we have no SS mentality within our armed forces ranks. Islamic nations with territorial asperations are being disarmed or neutralized and that will include Turkey.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Maybe GWB doesnt have that mentality but I doubt it about you. And please disarm us too I wonder how would you do that. I really want to know it. and get this into your head Turkey is NOT an ISLAMIC nation. never been and never BE! But I know you will keep saying this, charlie.

-NO WAR-

Go read your history books to see why Turkey thinks they can grab land while the ME is imploading. The section is on the Sieuz Canal Crisis of the late 50's. Then came the illegal attack by the Turks on Cypress which still festers as a sore point with the UN.

A huge Airbase in Afganistan and one in Iraq to go with Behran's base makes more sense than Turkey or Suadi Arabia given the events after 9/11.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on March 22, 2003 at 11:56 AM.]

For one into slavery I'd suggest Muslem Sudan. For the last 300 years they have a human Slave market with today's price going for 35.00 per head....more for good looking females who get shipped to the Balkins. Saddam's buddies there probably gave him a special for live target practice for training his sons how to shoot.

Charlie ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Go read your history books to see why Turkey thinks they can grab land while the ME is emploading. The section is on the Sieuz Canal Crisis of the late 50's.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well please tell me what does it has to do with Turkey. Suez is in Egypt.
    Then came the illegal attack by the Turks on Cypress which still festers as a sore point with the UN.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    pffftttt...there is a agreement still in use which gives guaranty rights to both UK, Greece and Turkey in Cyprus we used that RIGHT it's not illegal and we did asked to the other parties before that and they ignored it. Well take it as an preemptive act where the turkish minorty was being butched, It's more legal than iraq war in my eyes. at least it had some humanitary concerns unlike oil in this case.
    A huge Airbase in Afganistan and one in Iraq to go with Behran's base makes more sense than Turkey or Suadi Arabia given the events after 9/11.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I dont know why are you calling 9/11 do you try to imply "something" or what. Anyway you cant use iraq airbases they dont have the same value like here. Turkish US bases allows US to control both caucasian, balkans, russia and ME. so iraq is a joke compared to those benefits.

About afghanistan, I really dont care[as russia and china care more!] but you know that the military HQ in kabul is Turkish there too, if it's not changed recently.

-NO WAR-

Pentagon Abandons Turkey Deployment Plan

By ROBERT BURNS
    AP Military Writer

WASHINGTON 3/22(AP) -- After weeks of waiting off Turkey's coast, dozens of U.S. ships carrying weaponry for the Army's 4th Infantry Division have been redirected to the Persian Gulf, two U.S. defense officials said Saturday.

The decision ends U.S. hopes of using Turkish bases to move heavy armored forces into northern Iraq, where Bush administration officials fear conflict between Turkish forces and Iraqi Kurds.

About 40 ships carrying the division's weaponry and equipment were to begin moving through the Suez Canal on Sunday, one of the officials said. Both spoke on condition of anonymity.

The 4th Infantry's soldiers, who remained at Fort Hood, Texas, after their weaponry and equipment went to the Mediterranean last month, are likely to go to Kuwait, the officials said.

It also was possible that they could enter Iraq directly through the Gulf port of Umm Qasr, now under the control of British and U.S. Marines after clashes Friday with Iraqi forces.
    &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
    The battle for Basra, a strategic oil hub of 1.3 million people that is about three dozen miles from Iraq's southern border with Kuwait, got a boost Friday when the main Iraqi army division guarding the city surrendered from its top leaders down.

Iraq's 51st Infantry Division (Mechanized), comprising some 8,000 soldiers and about 200 tanks, was regarded as one of the better units in Saddam Hussein's regular military, though it was not part of the more elite Republican Guard.

An Iraqi military spokesman in Baghdad who declined to give his name said Pentagon claims the 51st Division had surrendered were untrue.

Far to the north, the United States used five missiles to attack positions of Ansar al-Islam, a radical group linked to al-Qaida, which controls a small enclave within semiautonomous Kurdish regions.

Charlie ...

"Pentagon Abandons Turkey Deployment Plan"

one of the best news I ever got these days.

-NO WAR-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drewbert:
    Yup. The Kurds now get hammered by the Turks instead of Saddam.

And a missile flew into Iran and hit an oil installation. So they'll be putting their boots on righ tnow.

Great!

Jimmy James fan club membership # 3312<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as the Iranian question goes, I heard a report the other day that the Islamic Republic would be supplying aid to Iraqi refugees on the Iraq side of the boarder and not allowing them into Iran. I didn’t think much of it at the time, but in light of recent events, it tells me that Iranian forces are probably already in Iraq. And you can bet that Iranian operatives have been in the Shiite areas for some time. To be honest, I’m not sure if Iraqi Shiites are Arab or Persian in decent, but even if they don’t share the same ethnic background as the Iranians who do you think will have more influence over them? Western troops sent in to depose a western style dictator created by the West or representatives of an “Islamic Republic”.

Turkey’s actions pose a greater immediate threat and threaten to bring this war into Europe itself. If Turkish forces cross the boarder in mass, you can bet there will be conflicts with the Kurds. If this happens, who do we support? Do we keep out of it and let the Turks slaughter the Kurds? Do we help our Kurdish allies and attack forces belonging to a fellow NATO member? Do we put our troops between the two to create a buffer zone? None of these options is acceptable.

It’s time to stop debating the war. The war has started and the time for debate on it is over. The only thing to consider now is post war Iraq. And don’t believe the propaganda coming out of Washington. It will be an occupation. There’s no way around it. Without an occupation force, Iraq would quickly fall into civil war. The question is how large a force is needed and how long will it last? As well as what type of government should be instilled? A democratic government? What if the Iraqis want to follow the example of Iran? Could we allow a popularly elected Islamic government in Iraq? Could a western style democracy maintain order between the factions in Iraq? I don’t think so.

I know that I’ll catch a lot of flack for posting this, but I think the best recourse would be to instill yet another dictator in Iraq. Not one as brutal as Saddam and one that is sympathetic to the West. One just has to look at Yugoslavia to see what happens when you take the common enemy away from factions with a long history of hating each other. Long story short: We need to find a Tito for Iraq.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    &gt;Be thankful Muslems that GWB is the opposite of Hitler

Well, they've both had propaganda machines saying that an invasion was a "defensive manoeuvre".

Of course, this invasion is different. Bush himself has called it a "crusade".

That has got to be ONE OF THE DUMBEST things he's ever said.

But the list is long and distinguished. http://www.gwbush.com

Jimmy James fan club membership # 3312

Good post NewcastleB at least it has logic and sense in it other than conpiracy and bs.

Do we keep out of it and let the Turks slaughter the Kurds?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no such thing. We wont enter there for any massacre or such. It's them who tell us we'll attack if you come in. It's funny too they have light arms how can they resist to an army with heavy guns, artillery and air support belonging to one of the best army in the world.

Back in the 90s Turkish military was invited by one of the Kudish groups into the area while they were fighting with each other. The one that is closer to Iranian views was even sieged the other one's HQ! They call[the one whose HQ was sieged] for Turkish help and we gave it. And today they vow to attack us. I think it's hypocritic as we saved his a**. And I think that in the long run their only ally whom they can trust is Turkey because we'll live with them here forever.

there are 3 reasons for Turkey to cross the border that I can come up with;
    1] Refugees. We had 500k! of them in the last war and we accepted them in OUR borders, no OTHER country did it only we did it! And there were terrorist along with them too.[yeah news flash we had terrorism and deaths&bombings each day here for 15 years not just like 9/11 so we know what that means and we are all wholehearted against it!]

We had promises telling us that we'd get help for refugees but we got the finger. Now this time it wont happen. trust can fade easily. so Turkey plans to camp the refugees outside our bordes in N. Iraq.
    2]Well it's abvious that an independent state in N. Iraq is the worst thing that can happen. It wont be allow in any way..
    3]There is Turkmen minority living there and they need self security too in that chaotic land.

as a last note;
    Do we help our Kurdish allies and attack forces belonging to a fellow NATO member?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is nonsense..I cant believe how the hell US could see those two parties equal. This really makes no sense. I think US scares Kurdish groups with Turkey and Turkey with Kurdish groups..hell of a politics..

-NO WAR-

Iucpxleps,

Let me elaborate on what I think will happen. The Turkish Army goes into northern Iraq for whatever reason. Kurdish Troops, emboldened by their contact with US Special Forces, attack. The Turks defend themselves and we end up with a blood bath. Then the US is faced with the option of taking sides between a NATO ally and an ally in the invasion of Iraq. The US would probably end up getting between the two. The problem with that is our troops become a target for both. Whether intentionally or they just get caught in the middle of a Turkish/Kurd firefight.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

Well I take it as the worst case scenario. I think Kurdish groups are only faking it..And why did US sign a *C which is clearly against Turkey? It's again tied to US influence on them, they really get high and bold beyond their capabilites by the US support boh verbal[recent speeches by Powell etc] and by metarial means.[they are given AA weapons and mortars from US afaik. who would they use it against..definately not against US or against iraq that doesnt have any aerial power whatsoever so it leaves us with one option I wonder what is it ]

Anyway I dont think this would happen but who knows..

*the Contract stating that no Turkish troops in N.Iraq from US to Kurds.

-NO WAR-

ABW Ambassador
    Turns out that the ever faithful BBC made a mistake. Turkey is moving its soldiers to their border to hold off the influx of refugees, stopping in advance what took place in the Gulf War...they are not taking over Northern Iraq, nor are they entering. Apparently, Turkey ALREADY has a few thousand soldiers stationed in Northern Iraq, and they have been there for a number of years to help protect their border. They were there before any of this even started.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread