Feed Back update on JensonUSA's Program
    First off, I made sure this was ok with Haiko before posting. THANK YOU HAIKO!

I have my notes from Think Tank and have been going over questions and suggestions that I received after the presentation. I feel how ever that I may be missing something and wanted to give everyone the opportunity to review what I am working on and comment on what I have has missed or forgotten. Your input will help us refine and improve the Jenson USA program. I also wanted to post information for you that I either did not plan on but gleaned as good info from other presentations, or missed in the presentation (I’m blaming that on the nerves).

Site and Program specifics:

Visits: 530,793
    Page views in a last Month: 4.5 million
    Average page views: 8 ½ +
    Average time on a page: 5 ½ minutes
    Average Order: $135+
    Program growth Over Last Year:
    Averaging 234% growth versus same month last year (421% growth in September)
    SAS Conversion: 1.75 %
    EPC: $14.57

Efforts to up sell:
    In the industry we represent many customers are in need of an Item that directly correlates with what the want. We try our best to offer “Up-sell” Items (ie: buy a tire get a tube half off). A popular example is found http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...Ebb+Frame.aspx . These are not promotions to encourage customers to buy more than they need, but to give them the option to get what they need in a package at a reduced price.

Questions Received:
    • Video Content For Affiliate Use
    o Insert links to track click through
    • Don’t have unavailable Items in top 10 on home page
    o Ordering/Removing unavailable Item / sizes
    • 800 number on the top of page (LEAK)
    • In-store only items
    o How to track (coupon?)
    • Widgets
    o For 12 days of Christmas
    o For Top Sellers
    • More Categories in the Data feed – Better classification
    o Make
    o Model
    • Best seller keywords
    • Low Commission

Progress:
    • Video Content For Affiliate Use:
    Currently we have started our Video site and are Collecting Videos for use by affiliates. This Idea was a great one and I am very glad to have your help in getting me on this task. I am still unfamiliar as to how to attach an affiliate link to them, but recall a few affiliates knowing that it could be done.

• Don’t have unavailable Items in top 10 on home page
    o Ordering/Removing unavailable Item / sizes
    Little did I know what a land mine I would be stepping on. Apparently that issue has been hashed out time and again and the readers Digest version I got was that of all the ways we could represent our product; this was the best option to date until our software providers improves their existing format. As Lincoln said, “You can please some of the people all of the time, or All of the people some of the time.” After seeing TFAW.com and bringing up functionality of our site up, from our discussion we may be looking at a site reformat in 2008.

• 800 number on the top of page (LEAK)
    Good news, 800# tracking for affiliates is coming! ETA January 2008. We realize this is important. We'll be using a unique 800# and "priority code" approach to identify telephone sales driven by affiliates. Also I found Stats on our Web/phone ratios. Over 90% of sales made are from online transaction. I want you to know that we do not push sales over the phone, our times is actually better spent sending them back to the web to finish the transaction. Of all of the phone calls we do receive about two thirds are for technical questions, customer service, and warranty issues, which then only one third of calls actually making a purchase over the phone. But all the same we realize that tracking these sales is important, it's coming.

• In-store only items
    o How to track
    Unfortunately there is a small percentage of items that we are simply not permitted to offer via mail-order. From the affiliates perspective, I would suggest that you focus your efforts on mail-ordereable product.

• Widgets
    o For 12 days of Christmas
    o For Top Sellers
    We currently have a widget of four of our Jamis Brand bikes and I want to see how successful this is, but will create another for our “Top Sellers” in the next few days.

• More Categories in the Data feed – Better classification
    o Make
    o Model
    Again on this issue we face the point of taxing our OS and SAS’s ability. I am going to run a datafeed test using delimited function to try to get all of our categories in. BUT even if this is successful I feel we are too deep into Q4 to implement such a large change. So slated changes will take effect in Q1 2008. I am sure your excel experience far exceeds my own, but if you should need help parsing the data let me know and I will teach you how to clean it up.

• Best seller keywords
    I have the best selling Items for the past 90 days on tap and they are available upon kind request.

• Low Commission
    This seemed to be a main point of improvement for all merchants. I also came to realize that I needed to pull a tighter reign on my current affiliates allowing a greater ability to move funds before I could promise anything in this area. I do believe in rewarding affiliates who perform above and beyond the call and can currently set up bonuses, whether a CAB, fifth sale, and monthly bonuses etc.

Once again all suggestions and questions are welcomed,

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP,
    Jared
    aka Pakiha

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Pakiha ~
    • Video Content For Affiliate Use:
    Currently we have started our Video site and are Collecting Videos for use by affiliates. This Idea was a great one and I am very glad to have your help in getting me on this task. I am still unfamiliar as to how to attach an affiliate link to them, but recall a few affiliates knowing that it could be done.
    That's the beauty of affiliate marketing, many of us have developed many different ways and you get that depth on a pay-for-performance basis. That's pretty powerful.

When in doubt, over-supply creative and let your affs run with it all.

For your affs that may not be handy with coding / handling / distributing videos, that really just want to put them on their affiliate websites, check with SAS and ask if they've made widgets yet that are capable of containing your videos. I don't know the answer to that question, but it seems a natural extension of the widgets they have - they've probably either already thought of this and are working on it or have already made it available / possible.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread