Question about linkshare
    First, hello to everyone. I have an account at linkshare. I have 1 channel set up for 1 site. I have launched another site and was wondering should I setup another channel for it? or just serve the links from the 1 original account? or does it even matter? I am somewhat new to this affiliate business. Thanks

web dev with whiskers tn-morgen's Avatar
    tracking is easier with channels

Thank you for your reply.

To answer your question: I don't think it makes a big difference but I'll tell you my story:

I have three channels running.

I have an original, then "Hot Company X" turned me down so I kept re-applying. Once I applied via "Hot Company X's site" and was accepted but they started their own channel -- so I had 2 channels. I noticed that some companies preferred to be included in a different channel (funny since I place their links in the same places).
    I created a 3rd channel for a specific url.
    I became tired of trying to remember which company was on which channel, so I try to get all the companies on every single channel (this hasn't totally worked). I like getting as many of the companies on each channel to maximize my ability of access working from any channel.

A new channel may or may not present an enhanced opportunity of being accepted into a program.

I also use Signature when I feel like it

If you have the same merchant in more than one channel, you'll get duplicated e-mails from the merchant.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I started the new channel, and now I am pulling my hair out with double emails from the merchants. So, while I like the idea of keeping channels separate for tracking, its a headache email wise. So my question now becomes, keeping everything on one channel, could this cause linkshare to shut you down? or don't they care?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    To answer your question: I don't think it makes a big difference but I'll tell you my story:

I have three channels running.

I have an original, then "Hot Company X" turned me down so I kept re-applying. Once I applied via "Hot Company X's site" and was accepted but they started their own channel -- so I had 2 channels. I noticed that some companies preferred to be included in a different channel (funny since I place their links in the same places).
    I created a 3rd channel for a specific url.
    I became tired of trying to remember which company was on which channel, so I try to get all the companies on every single channel (this hasn't totally worked). I like getting as many of the companies on each channel to maximize my ability of access working from any channel.

A new channel may or may not present an enhanced opportunity of being accepted into a program.

I also use Signature when I feel like it

If you have the same merchant in more than one channel, you'll get duplicated e-mails from the merchant.

I warned you about the duplicate e-mails.

Are your channels uniform or do you have a special merchant in one?
    If you only want one channel, perhaps you don't care if the other is closed or not.

I try to spread the attention across channels to keep everyone happy
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I would set-up a channel
    Quote Originally Posted by pdoaffiliate
    First, hello to everyone. I have an account at linkshare. I have 1 channel set up for 1 site. I have launched another site and was wondering should I setup another channel for it? or just serve the links from the 1 original account? or does it even matter? I am somewhat new to this affiliate business. Thanks
    I would set-up a channel for each new site. If yopu're approved for site A, then specific merchants that you've been approved for, should only go to site A. Otherwise you may be in viloation of both Linkshare's and the merchant's terms.

Anthony Bloch
    Last edited by bibby; November 6th, 2007 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Removed link

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread