What do Affiliates prefer?
    I am working feverishly to get everything setup on my electronics program on SAS. I wanted to know, do affiliates value links over banners, banners over links, or does it just depend? I already have my datafeed processing on there, so that is fine, but I just wanted to know what affiliates might prefer. My datafeed will also be on PopShops when it finishes processing, is this a good route to take? Thanks for the advice in advance!

Popshops is an excellent idea.
    Offer a variety of links and banners (several sizes) and let the affiliates choose what works best for them.

Good Luck!

If you want new affiliates .... make sure you sign up for auto deposit

Do the affiliates now if its on auto deposit or not? I was told about it and but wanted get everything setup well first.

You'll want to make both. It's been said that text links are used more by affiliates and convert better but it chaps me as an affiliate to not have the banners I need. lol As to how many you want to make, that is a problem I am currently facing. To have a good assortment you will have to make a variety of banners for all standard shapes linking to at least your home page and preferably other/deep pages.

I recently made a post here asking about when a merchant has too many banners. The general consensus was to make a good assortment using standard sizes and then make new ones upon request in irregular sizes or for specific products. Others said they only use banners that fit the look and feel of their website so I took that to mean make some nice styles and then keep an open offer to make custom banners.

Hope that helps and good luck!

That is some good info. I don't have a problem with the text links because I can make those all day long, but banners take a lot more time, but I want everyone to have a choice. I will work on some and see where it takes me. Maybe I will spend some time this weekend to design some quality banners. Thanks for the advice!

Yes, affiliates do know if you are on auto deposit.
    A symbol is placed with your info. showing you are signed up.

Well I guess I know what I will be doing later today! Thanks porkchop

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive
    Do the affiliates now if its on auto deposit or not? I was told about it and but wanted get everything setup well first.
    Welcome, overdrive, to our happy little home, home "office," gabfest, etc., here at ABW.

Yes, affiliates know whether a program is on auto deposit. In the program listing which we affiliates see via our SAS dashboards, there is a symbol in the merchant listings which have autodeposit set up.

I personally have tried merchants which are on autodeposit and which aren't. As with most affiliates here, I suspect, those WITH autodeposit are seen as a safer bet to sign up with.

Other affiliates here, in fact probably the really "big money" and effective affiliates here, won't even consider a merchant without autodeposit.

Of course, if autodeposit is in your near future, maybe that isn't an immediate issue for you. But if you read around in various threads, you'll discover that MOST affiliates here, 1) prefer SAS far above the other networks, and, 2) are far more eager/willing to work with SAS merchants who are on autodeposit.

Just my 2-cents-worth!
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Many (if not most) top affiliates will not deal with SAS merchants not on Auto Deposit. Not worth watching for Low Funds and Temporarily Offline when you have been directing good targeted traffic to a site.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive
    I already have my datafeed processing on there, so that is fine, but I just wanted to know what affiliates might prefer.
    A well categorized datafeed, don't be shy about using subcategories. And for the love of all that is good and holy, don't use quotes, commas, semi-colons or colons or any weird characters in the product descriptions. I actually tossed out the idea of using a couple merchants recently that would have been a great fit, simply because the had one or more of the above in product descriptions.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    A well categorized datafeed, don't be shy about using subcategories. And for the love of all that is good and holy, don't use quotes, commas, semi-colons or colons or any weird characters in the product descriptions. I actually tossed out the idea of using a couple merchants recently that would have been a great fit, simply because the had one or more of the above in product descriptions.
    My datafeeds might have commas in them because when I export my products out of my database, it takes out the html bullets for the specs. How would you suggest me take care of this action? I would like to implement a better strategy if possible. Thanks!

I'll have to agree with what has been said here thus far. Especially the AutoDeposit comments. I am one (of many) who will not consider a merchant unless the Autodeposit symbol appears in the merchant listing. And for a merchant with a datafeed, the better categorized it is the more likely I am to join and to implement the datafeed.

I don't recall ever asking for a custom banner because my site pages are designed for standard sizes. Just make sure you have them covered - including all of the Google AdSense sizes.

Good luck with your program, and, again, welcome aboard.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks. My datafeed just finished processing and popshops now has access. I put my categories in the feed, but I think I could clean it up a little more. I am filling out the form for the auto deposit, so I will have that covered as well. I will be working on some basic banners for the time being to get me going, then I will create others. Thanks everyone for the tips.

Definitely auto-deposit. Do weekly deposits for big time affiliates and they'll be happy

I will keep that in mind ADJumpCM. Thanks for the advice

No problem

For me it's they type of link. I run a coupon site, so I look for coupon, discount and other savings type banners, text links, etc.

While I utilize all types of ads, i use text links more then any other link for two reasons:

1) since I post many coupons, text links don't seem to slow a page from opening as much as banner links.

2) While Google is indexing images, I stil find that for page rank purposes, text links work much better for my site and page rankings on the major search engines.

That is very true. I have been working hard in order to design some quality banners as well. I have a few affiliates that run coupon sites, so I will be creating some links that only have savings in them. Thanks for the reply.

ABW Ambassador
    Coupons are best done through the SaS coupon program. Personally, I like coupons to have clear start and expiration dates to banners with coupons. Quite frankly, I think generating new coupons every couple of months keeps a program fresh.

Yeah, I noticed the program and will be implementing coupons through that soon. Thanks for the reply. There is so much to do and so little time to do it in.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread