I heard bush (and blair and howard) say that even if you disagree with the war, it is time to get behind the troops ... support the men, because they are serving their country, and really they are just following orders from their leaders. So it is time now to support them, and get behind them ... yes ... I thought that's true

... but then Iraqi troops are also serving their country and following orders from their leaders. They feel that they are serving their country in defending their sovereinty ...

so maybe we should get behind them too?

... I know, let's support them both.

Yes, that seems like the fair thing to do. I mean we all hate Saddam, but we should get behind the troops because they are only doing their duty.

Yes, I think that is the fair thing to do, let's get behind them both.

... and then when the war is over with 5,000 allied forces dead and 100,000 iraqi soldiers dead (plus or minus a few thousand civilians) ... then we can try and think about what the war was about in the first place .... Oh that's right, we were trying to stop Saddam from killing his own people ... oh, dammit, they're dead now anyway ... oh, that's a pity ...

(This post is sarcastic by the way, just in case there are any people who take it literally. Can you see that war is never the best solution? War is always a lose-lose proposition.)

thefuture,

Brilliant post and that's exaclty why I think everybody with half a brain and moral values should try to make the leaders that are responsible for this mess stop before it's too late and thousands are dead and the world is engulfed in wars and terror attacks.

Someone once said: "an eye for an eye just leaves everybody blind".

Open your mind before you open your mouth, for ignorance is the
    downfall of man."

ABW Ambassador
    To paraphrase, evil wins, when good men do nothing.

http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/op...3/23/ixop.html

A very insightful story Chez Noir, I've heard similar reports from Aussie Human Shields.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'll give your 2 examples today far away from Iraq why the murdering Islamic thugs have got to be stopped by face to face combat.

"Twenty-four Hindus have been shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Jammu and Kashmir, in the worst outbreak of violence since elections were held to try to bring peace to India's only Muslim-majority state. Police said women and children were among the dead.

03/24/2003 IN BRIEF/ INDIA
    Gunmen Slay 24 Hindus in Kashmir

The attack was in the village of Nadi Marg, south of Srinagar, the state's summer capital. Indian police in Srinagar said gunmen disarmed police guarding the village before the attack.

SRINAGAR, India -- Masked gunmen shot to death the former leader of Kashmir's largest Islamic rebel group Sunday in what may have been retribution for his talks with the Indian government, police said.

The slaying of Abdul Majid Dar, former Kashmir commander of the Hezb-ul-Moujahedeen, was a setback for Indian security authorities, who were trying to persuade him to take a political role in the state racked by separatist violence.

Dar was fatally shot in the town of Sopur, a separatist stronghold 35 miles north of Srinagar, the summer capital of India's Jammu and Kashmir state.

Dar's mother and sister were injured in the shooting, said K. Rajindra Kumar, police inspector general.

Local news agencies in Srinagar received calls from two separatist groups, the Save Kashmir Movement and Al Nasreen, that claimed responsibility.

Dar was supervising construction at a new house in Sopur when the gunmen drove up and shot him, Kumar said.

Kumar said he suspects the gunmen were linked to hard-line members of Hezb-ul-Moujahedeen. Hezb is the largest rebel group in Kashmir, where more than 61,000 people have been killed since 1989.

In Pakistan, Hezb spokesman Salim Hashmi said: "The death of Abdul Majid Dar is shocking for us, but we do not know what exactly happened to him. We will issue a detailed statement after we get information from our own sources in Indian-occupied Kashmir."

Notice the 2 faced lie from the Hezb spokesmen trying to cover up the execution of a hardline Islamic Militant by his own kind. They were mad the now dead wank grew tired of killing civilians in Kishmir. After all it's his sworn Muslem duty to kill infidels during Jehad and not enter peace talks.

Some Countries do get GWB's messages to protect themselves from the Muslem land grabbers and Islamic adjenda.

Manila Expels Two Iraqis for Espionage
    Mon March 24, 2003 04:09 AM ET
    By John O'Callaghan
    MANILA (Reuters) - The Philippines, on high alert for rebel violence in reprisal for the U.S.-led attack on Iraq, said on Monday it ordered a senior Iraqi diplomat and an attache suspected of espionage to leave within three days.

The expulsions are the second in less than two months. Manila told Husham Husain, a second secretary at the Iraqi embassy, to leave in mid-February on suspicion he was linked to Muslim rebels blamed for a bombing in the southern Philippines in October.

The Philippines, a former American colony, is a keen backer of Washington's war on terror and its troops have benefited from U.S. training.

Manila says it is part of the "coalition of the willing" in the Iraq campaign but plans to send troops only as peacekeepers and for humanitarian assistance after the conflict has ended.

"I have approved the expulsion of one Iraqi diplomat and one, I think, non-diplomatic personnel of the embassy," President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo told reporters.

"We are only expelling those with some evidence of espionage, even if we don't have to explain any reason."

Foreign Secretary Blas Ople told reporters the two men -- First Secretary Abdul Karim Shwaikh and Karim Nassir Hamid, an attache at the embassy -- had been given 72 hours to leave.

Police and immigration officials said on Friday they had uncovered "sleeper cells" that led to the arrest of 10 Iraqis and one Saudi Arabian with possible links to the expelled Husain.

Manila said Husain was ordered out after intelligence officers traced mobile phone calls from Abu Sayyaf rebels to the diplomat immediately after a blast in October killed a U.S. soldier and three Filipinos at a karaoke bar in Zamboanga City.

The Iraqi embassy denied Husain was involved with Abu Sayyaf, a Philippine Muslim kidnap gang blacklisted by the United States as a terrorist organization with links to Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network.

The Bureau of Immigration said the 11 men were arrested last week on the main island of Luzon and on Mindanao, the scene of decades of violence by several rebel groups seeking an Islamic homeland in the south of the mainly Roman Catholic country.

One of the Iraqis was implicated in the 1989 kidnapping of a member of the Kuwaiti royal family, it said.

Senior police sources said the Saudi was a suspect in the 1991 bombing of a library in central Manila run by the U.S. embassy, and was also being questioned about links to a suspected Indonesian militant.

Jordan also booted out 12 "so called" Iraqi diplomats Saturday night and gave them 12 hours to get the hell out of their country. Amazing Jordan also reports NOT ONE Iraqi refugee has crossed into their adjoining country to escape the led American War. Obviously they do not feel threatened USA soldiers are targeting them. Turkey is not willing to own up to the same lack of Kurdish or Iraqi refugees since they have other plans.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on March 24, 2003 at 05:30 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    To support the troops will be the best to boot GWB and to bring them home. It is to remember: to step into the inner affairs of a country is against the Charta of the UNO. So the Iraq people should do their own job as people in Russia, Polonia, Rumania, Estern Germany etc. did. And just for some of the brainwashed: this war is not a war against the terror. It has never been and will never be.

carneol

Chez Noir that is a very interesting article that you posted. I hope that it is right. I hope that iraqis will not fight ...

but there are many who say that they will fight to the death.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E25778,00.html

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...p?story=389867

There seems to be so many people with different opinions, in the US, the rest of the western world, the arab world, and even Iraqis ... everyone is divided about what is the best course of action. And people have very different reasons why they are pro war or anti war.

EcomCity.com your comment "I'll give your 2 examples today far away from Iraq why the murdering Islamic thugs have got to be stopped by face to face combat." is totally misguided and just plain wrong ... Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddists .. they CAN all be evil killers. There are examples of murdering thugs from every religion ... Saddam murdered the muslim leader of Iraq, and doesn't know how to pray properly, so you can't call him a muslim. There are Christians that are part of his parliment. To focus on religion is missing the point.

http://www.star.niu.edu/forum/articles/030503-your.asp

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thefuture:
    EcomCity.com your comment "I'll give your 2 examples today far away from Iraq why the murdering Islamic thugs have got to be stopped by face to face combat." is totally misguided and just plain wrong ... Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddists .. they CAN all be evil killers. There are examples of murdering thugs from every religion ... Saddam murdered the muslim leader of Iraq, and doesn't know how to pray properly, so you can't call him a muslim. There are Christians that are part of his parliment. To focus on religion is missing the point.

http://www.star.niu.edu/forum/articl...></BLOCKQUOTE>

thefuture,

I honestly dont believe that you can explain it to him, so if I were you I'd not bother to do so..

-NO WAR-

Who's right, who's wrong, who is to be trusted, who can you believe....the stage has been set, the actors in this theatre of war each have a part to play, and the show will go on no matter how much the audience heckles.

Now is a time to focus on your friends and
    loved ones and pray to your God for a speedy resolution so we don't end up on the brink of WW111.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Oh so true...."Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddists .. they CAN all be evil killers. There are examples of murdering thugs from every religion ..."

The difference is that only Muslems are murdering themselves and other faiths as a unified force. All other murderers do not have their faith as the prime excuse for killing. Did the Black US Soldier, who fragged his commanders in Kuwait, justify it internally because of discrimination or a personal feud with those commanding him. Hell no. He did it because his Muslem mindset justified his action as an act pleasing to Allah.

WMD are the neutralizer when placed in the hands of responsible moral governments. Spooky when they get into the hands of Communist Russia, Pakistan or N. Korea. Not so spooky when rational human minds control the Nuke trigger fingers who still cannot fathom what the word Jehad has to do with world diplomacy.

The world does not fear WMD in the hands of the USA, Germany, France, Israel, China, Britain. The world fears any Muslem country getting their hands on these with capabilities to carry them beyond their borders. Fear of that becoming a reality is what drives this war. Nothing else. We do not fear Saddam as he's just a piss ant thug dictator. We feared Hitler and he wasn't Muslem. Now Arafat, Bin Laden, Koumanni, Gadaffi or a slew of other Islamic power brokers with some N. Korean Nukes and Ballistic missles would be spooky to world peace. So we disarm Islam and destroy their WMD sources as a act of self defence.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[served directly to you every day on abw from your fellow guy ecom

I hope you dont get one of those ICBMs or I could wake up to a nice mushroom one morning!

-NO WAR-

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread