Affiliate Manager
    Talking A Question for Affiliates that use Link Share
    Hey Link Sharers!

I've got a question for you guys. I'm going to look elsewhere in this forum for a similar answer, but I figured I'd post it here too.

I am a new affiliate manager for a company that primarily sells computer memory. Our affiliate program isn't working as well as I'd like. So my question to you guys is, what do you look for in a Link Share merchant that motivates you and makes you want to promote the link? Obviously commission has a lot to do with it, but what else? What kind of tools do you expect? What's most important to you in finding a merchant that "gives a hoot?"

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say!

Cheers,
    Justin

Hi Justin, you've already made a great start by joining ABW. Not only is it a great place for you to learn but it also lets us know that you care enough about your affiliates to find out what issues are foremost on our minds.

A good place for your to start your education is Consolidated List of Affiliate Friendly Policies . Also take a stroll through The Merchant Best Practices Forum . These 2 should keep you busy for a while.

Just jump in and get involved. Ask questions when you can't find what you're looking for through the search function.

Welcome aboard.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Also, check this out: http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/

Snce you've already made the investment in LinkShare, the above is a tiny little add on that could bring some nice results.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks guys! I've been buried in this forum for the better part of two hours now. Our affiliate program really is a disaster... I guess the good news is it has nowhere to go but up!

Cheers,
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by jasd2d
    Our affiliate program really is a disaster... I guess the good news is it has nowhere to go but up!
    No, the good news is that you care enough to look for ways to improve your program. Make sure you talk to Haiko about making a program announcement once you've whipped it into shape.

Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

For me, I look to see if the merchant offers current coupons and savings. Since I operate a coupon site, this is a requirement for me.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hi Justin and welcome to ABW.

For those of us, and there are still A LOT OF US in this datafeed age, who build pages by hand, individual product link by individual product link, a merchant is totally useless to us unless you provide individual product links, and as far as the LS interface is concerned, it should be the "advanced" format of allowing us to build a link ourselves for any product on your site, rather than having to waste so much time using a directory of provided links, which usually does not include the products we want, and which is extremely difficult to use to locate specific products.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread