Updating PopShops feeds -- How and How Often?
    Hey, PopShops folks, I sometimes take longer than others to think of these things.

I was looking at a forum post by one of the merchants announcing his updated datafeed. He mentioned that his feed now contains over 450 products.

I have a PopShops shop set up using products from this particular feed and noticed in my PopShops dashboard that his feed shows only 433 products.

Which brought my thinking to the subject of this post -- How and how often are the merchant feeds at PopShops updated??

At least one other merchant I use updated datafeed yesterday. It now contains around 240 more products than the one at PopShops.

Is this an issue with merchant updates? If so, how could it be resolved? I love using PopShops -- but I really hate to be limited to a smaller datafeed than the merchant's datafeed. And, on the other hand, perhaps one reason products sometimes don't display, I would assume, is that the merchant may have dropped those products but not updated the datafeed at PopShops.

Comments? Solutions?

Keep up the great work, by the way. I really appreciate PopShops!
    Generate more fake news.

Hi,
    Our feeds are updated everyday. If there are those not being updated, we need to ensure that we have the correct feeds on our server.

If you could send an email to us at support@popshops.com with the examples, we'll dig in.

Thanks,
    Jessie

Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    Hi,
    Our feeds are updated everyday. If there are those not being updated, we need to ensure that we have the correct feeds on our server.

If you could send an email to us at support@popshops.com with the examples, we'll dig in.

Thanks,
    Jessie
    I just sent email to the address above detailing the two merchants I was aware of when I started this thread.

Thanks.
    Generate more fake news.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Would this include images from feeds? For example I see Kohls is showing no images in their products

The "Images coming soon" gif is from Kohls themselves.

jessiej

Thx Jessie I seem to get it on every product I looked at. Didn't dig far enough I guess

Okay, another question regarding an updated feed. I sent an email to support@popshops.com already, but wanted to get any feedback, explanation, etc., here in the forum for others who might have a similar problem.

Why would the PopShops datafeed for a merchant be showing a "No Image" placeholder (I guess?) for all the products -- when the merchant's lastest datafeed HAS the images in place?

Specifically, I have a site with a big PopShops shop on it using the Black Forest Decor datafeed. All the images were showing "No Image" on the site today. I don't know how long it's been that way, but I do know all was well last evening.

My SAS dashboard shows me the BF Decor datafeed was updated 11/26/07. BUT -- all the images were showing last evening in the PopShops feed (11/27/07) and suddenly have changed to "No Image" sometime overnight or today.

The 11/26/07 updated BF Decor datafeed at SAS DOES have all the image links working, showing the appropriate images. I know because I just spend half an hour downloading the SAS df, opening it in Excel, and copying-pasting the Thumbnail and BigImage links into a browser for 2 different products.

All's working via SAS, but NOT via PopShops??
    Generate more fake news.

I am seeing a problem with prices not matching? Is this a merchant problem or a PopShops issue?

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Hi Gary,

So one of the challenges in SAS is all the optional columns merchants have. Sometimes instead of listing their photos in a standard column a merchant chooses to use one of the optional ones. Well since there is no standardization in the optional columns indexing those properly becomes a manual process for the PopShops' team. In some cases, like with TFAW we are in contact with a proactive AM that lets know exactly how they need us to map the optional columns they are using. That's no always the case.

I will make sure that we ping the AM in question from your support query Gary and see if we can get that image field resolved.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread