Just recieved this letter from my state Senator:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Dear Mr Swavely:

Thank you for contacting me regarding Internet taxation. I appreciate hearing from you.

I strongly oppose unnecessary government regulation of the Internet. I believe the primary reason the Internet has prospered is because government has not substantially interfered in its operation. I believe Congress must be cautious in crafting legislation that affects the Internet, particularly in creating new taxes.

You will be pleased to know that the Congress recently passed HR 1552, the Internet Tax Nondiscrimination Act. which was signed by the President on November 28. This bill extends, for two years, the moratorium on multiple or discriminatory Internet taxes, which expired in October 2001. I supported and voted for this legislation.

I remain hopeful that Congress will ultimately be able to agree to a solution which promotes the growth of e-commerce while protecting the interests of state and local governments. Be assured, I will kepp your comments in mind during Senate consideration of Internet taxation.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. I encourage you to write again with your questions and comments.

Patty Murray
United States Senator
Expressing your views to your elected official does help.

Now, let's all write our senators about theftware - perhaps we can get the practice outlawed.

"No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they're always there." – Norman Vincent Peale
Ford Fox-body Owners Club