Sales Extremely Slow Today ? 11/7
    Oddly I've only had 4 orders all day, very very slow for this time of the day. Anyone else having an usually slow day?

Also a slow day across the board, checked everything and seems like normal. I am really expecting a very slow holiday season as customers become tighter with their budget with the increasing mortgage defaults..

Well let's just hold on tight people..

Affiliate Manager Heather@Stacks's Avatar
    The 5th and the 6th were record-breaking days...beyond cyber-Monday level sales.
    Today is dismal for any time of the year. How did business cool off that fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather@Stacks
    The 5th and the 6th were record-breaking days...beyond cyber-Monday level sales.
    Today is dismal for any time of the year. How did business cool off that fast?
    Correlation with stock market.. I observed this for a year or two, besides CJ/server maintenance and other technical issues..

Sales are somewhat connected how the stock markets go up and down.. Must be the herd mentality, or everybody shares the same behavior of buying and consumer confidence. Gas prices also plays a significant influence in behavior..

If recession really comes as what most economists and bankers are predicting right now, I would be expecting something slower compared to the 2001-2002 era. No more credit to the rescue..

Bilbo I understand your argument, however normally my sales are very consistent. I typically have about 50-75 orders everyday and I'm only at 5 today. Something is definitely is up......

Things chugging along quite well and normal here.

seem fairly normal here too.

MaketheMoney do you use PPC ? maybe you can check your bid

Action Jackson - King of the World
    nothing here at Cj today only reversals LOL

Sas looks good tho:P

Exclamation
    Our ebay sales slumped on the 6th and 7th. One sale on the 6th and none on the 7th ...just a few leads reported, and only one sale. Very unusual since we average over a hundred sales per day. Anyone else noticing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Voxman
    Our ebay sales slumped on the 6th and 7th. One sale on the 6th and none on the 7th ...just a few leads reported, and only one sale. Very unusual since we average over a hundred sales per day. Anyone else noticing this?

Voxman, I'm seeing the same pattern you are. I have no sales on 6th and 7th, and while I'm still shooting for your numbers, I do see several sales every day.

I don't do much for ebay, but the rest of cj seems to be working, even though i'm getting about 50% returns from last month.. I hate the next few days when all the reversals roll in.

Seems pretty normal on my end. If anything, yesterday was better than average for a Wednesday.

Just received the following email from eBay..

The ebay.com Affiliate Team wants to notify you that a small subset of our publisher base was affected by a reporting issue during the month of October, which resulted in a delay in the calculation of the final value fees of a number of Winning Bids/BINs.* We have fixed the problem and will be uploading the correct amounts to your account in the form of a make good bonus within the next few days.

Looks like there was a problem after all.

Yesterday (11/7) was ok but today (11/8) looks much slower. Abnormally slow, in fact. (Not talking about eBay by the way - we don't promote them.)
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    Seeing the same, something doesn't seem quite right. Not sure if it's just my top merchants that's having issues or what. Having some hot/cold days. Sent them off emails.

Day is almost over now and I'll be lucky if I make 50% of my normal volume the way things are going. That's very unusual for me - +/-25% is about my maximum normal variation.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Thumbs up
    Well the last make good was quite a nice sum. eBay is very good at owning up to mistakes and don't even try to nickel and dime.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread