ABW Ambassador
    $5 gas in Caleeeefornia
    Just read a headline on Grudge
    http://www.theksbwchannel.com/news/14536489/detail.html

Nobody buys gas in Gorda, CA
    Last edited by Adam Ward; November 8th, 2007 at 10:36 AM.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    We're planning to buy a Prius in 2008. Fortunately my commute doesn't require burning petrochemicals and hubby's commute is less than 10 miles. It's way past time for people to start acting on reducing their consumption of petrochemicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    We're planning to buy a Prius in 2008. Fortunately my commute doesn't require burning petrochemicals and hubby's commute is less than 10 miles. It's way past time for people to start acting on reducing their consumption of petrochemicals.
    I had a premonition that might happen. That must be why I quit the day job this year - so I could commute in bare feet. Fortunately Mrs. Beachy has about a 3-minute commute to her school, 10 blocks away. So, I suppose we are doing our part to help conserve energy.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

We bought a Prius last year. It's a great car! We don't commute either but figure not only is it doing the right thing but also protecting us from those higher gas prices.

ABW Ambassador
    Enough to further freak out the consumers as they enter into Holiday Shopping mode. Add this to loans crisis. This s*cks.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Im so glad I take public transportation into work. It would ruffle my feathers to pay that kinda dough for a gallon of gas.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Outsourced Program Manager Rufus's Avatar
    It's harsh but in the UK it sold for 1 UK pound a litre and there are about 3.78 litre to the gallon so a gallon in the UK a gallon would cost about $8.00
    Rufus Bazley,
    [URL=http://www.odst.co.uk]DataFeed and API Creation[/URL]
    [URL=http://jobon.info]Marketing Site[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.compare-treadmills.co.uk]Treadmill Reviews[/URL]

Let's say you work 10 miles from home. If you take a bus or a train, there's a pretty good chance that it is going to take you about an hour to get to work when you figure in the odd ten minutes or so waiting for the bus, and the walking portion of your trip. If you drive you'll take close to an hour too in many cases, if you are dealing with heavy traffic, getting a parking spot, etc.

At a moderate pace, you can go 10 miles on a bicycle in just under an hour, and let's not overlook the health benefits.

Time to sell some bicycle helmets and accessories. A hell of a lot lot of folks are going to consider switching over soon enough.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    We bought a Prius last year. It's a great car! We don't commute either but figure not only is it doing the right thing but also protecting us from those higher gas prices.
    you can also buy a toyota yaris for a fraction of what a prius costs...and a yaris, corolla, or any several other compact 4-cylinder japanese cars will be very good on gas. actually, the highway mpg on a prius is not much better. where the prius hybrid technology really makes a difference is around town. plus, never a need to replace/dispose used batteries. i'm currently exploring this route.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Gas is currently at around $3.50 a gallon in Los Angeles. I drive a classic tank that inhales gas. Good thing I don't have to commute.

A brilliant way to cut down on petrochemicals is solar power. So Cal, AZ, FL and parts of Nevada could go solar easily. I don't understand why these states (at least) haven't yet made a big shift to solar power. So Cal alone would have enough sunshine year round to do just fine with it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager
    I don't understand why these states (at least) haven't yet made a big shift to solar power.
    Cause the Evil Empire know known as the oil companies will not just stand by and let that happen.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread