Question on selling a domain name
    Wheres the best place online to sell a domain? Ive tried some of the parking sites, however to get the domain noticed they force you to pay too much (well more than I can pay) money to move your domain up in the listings. I was offered a nice amount by a group, however wanted to test the market. Any ideas?

Online Marketing Consultant
    right here at ABW with no fees =0)

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Just put ( . ) or something to make it not a backlink to the domain when you post it.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Thanks liquidate. I love this forum! great info and active users!

... also DNforum, sedo and of course ebay.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    right here at ABW with no fees =0)

<hint> The ones that offer ABW discounts, or first looks, do much better than the rest.

thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    ... also DNforum, sedo and of course ebay.
    I second you on these options. Sedo is really a very good option to be considered.

Hello Everyone
    Was wondering if anyone knows anything about domain BROKERS?

I have a feeling just putting up my domains on some site for sale somewhere won't be sufficient to maximize possibilities. Like with just about everything else, someone's got to work it.

But I have to spend most of my day writing/publishing (words are my line of work; kinda ties in with the domain naming thing, doesn't it?), and have precious little time leftover to do justice to properly finding the best buyer(s) for my names.

So, was thinking maybe there's someone out there who specializes in this sort of thing I could either hire or tie up with. If so, any recommendations? tia

Eldon
    Last edited by Trust; November 21st, 2007 at 07:22 AM.

It all depends on the quality of domain that you have. Generic terms (eg books.com, cats.com etc) can be sold at very high prices and you would benefit from a domain broker that would seek out retail customers.

The domains that most of us possess really aren't worth as much as we'd like to think. I'd recommend the options listed above (especially dnforum), but I'd also suggest that you look at Afternic if you've got more than a few domains to sell.

If your domain has any value, you will receive offers on dnforum.

I'd suggest you avoid ebay - I don't think domains there typically fetch as much as they do elsewhere.

You should also make it a point to modify your whois information to indicate the domain is for sale, and make it known on the homepage of the domain that its for sale.

Thanks for the great advice davenaff! I'll check out dnforum. Here's the list of the domains I'm seeking buyers for. Most have no sites, practically-speaking, and although interested, I just don't have the time to develop these further.

bwaha.com
    golfdirt.com
    golfpreneur.com
    golfpreneurs.com
    HipWord.com
    honest.net
    HumanGolf.com
    IQlibrary.com
    IQpress.com
    LoveIndex.com
    StreetFAQ.com
    StreetFAQs.com
    TeachIQ.com
    ZenEbay.com

Maybe I'll find them nice new homes on dnforum. Thanks again for the advice!

Eldon

Eldon,

I have a hunch that you have set your expectations too high. While the names are certainly clever, Honest.net is probably the only name that is worth more than the registration fees...

Good luck!

Dave

Hello Dave

Sadly, I think you're right.

I know I can at least double reg fees (or more) selling these on eBay, a technique I've described on my site, but I'll probably just hang on to them.

Heck, maybe I'll have an easier time finding partners -- marketing and traffic dudes who'll want to team up with me and my design/writing/content skills -- and turn these domains into viable online properties. Hmm.

Anyway, thanks for the help and advice Dave. Much appreciated!

Eldon
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; December 15th, 2007 at 10:22 PM.

I respectfully disagree with Dave. I think ALL of them are worth more than the $6.95 (you should have) paid for them. The secret is not to let them just sit parked. Get them hosted, build a site, add some great content, throw up some relevent affiliate links and watch what happens. All of this can be done for FREE. The only thing it requires is the most costly thing of all - your time.

PS: I love the thought of what HUMAN GOLF might be!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread