Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I've never seen one of your documentaries, and your outburst at last night's Academy Awards ensures that I never will.

Spin it however you want, but your fat ass got booed right off the stage. Instead of thanking the people who helped you...rather than discuss any of the gun-control messages from your award-winning documentary...you chose instead to hold the audience hostage to your ill-informed, propagandist anti-Bush rant. You have alienated everyone: your peers, the audience (you remember--the people who buy movie tickets?), the subject(s) of your film, film producers, and the MAJORITY of Americans who disagree with you about the war but would've tolerated a heartfelt message of peace.

Here's what I hope: I hope we get a new McCarthy-esque blacklisting of ******* hacks like you who will never get another film-making gig. I know I will never see one of your films. I only wish I had seen one, so I could withdraw my patronage! Likewise, I'll never set foot in a theater running a Susan Sarandon movie. Too bad Mike Farrell is such a has-been (or never-was); I'd enjoy boycotting his work, too.

Stick to shit you know about, Mr. Moore, namely Hostess snacks, fast food, and big & tall clothing stores. Much like personal hygiene and dentistry, you know very little about global politics and even less about the American public's attitudes and opinions.

Shame on you, *******. Shame on you.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    If your post should be the thinking of the majority of the US citizens I agree with Emanuel Todd who predicts the ruin of the USA.

carneol

ABW Ambassador

ABW Ambassador
    Carneol....

Your inarticulate opinions mean less to me than a bowel movement.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    Obstinatedon - but he supports actions of UNO!! And that is one great card game.

(sorry that has making me do spit takes during all these debates).

Chet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Your inarticulate opinions mean less to me than a bowel movement. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don, you really gotta stop holding back and tell us how you really feel!

I'm inclined to agree with you, though. Some of these posts are really getting out of hand...

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Please remove Gandhi's quote from your signature. It is an insult to a great leader.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Both your observation Obdon and Chez Noir's link to enlighten the world to this worthless piece of humanity ..Michael Moore made for an interesting read. Is he related to the late Dudly Moore? Moores rendition of a "Anne Frank" documentary would cast her in the light of a Amsterdam street whore if it would make his fat ass money and a invite to the Hollywood liberal in parties.

I owe you both a single malt scotch as I choked on mine watching that smug lard ass do what I figured the Hollywood crowd would do ...choke on their own liberal words run through his BS generator. Bet he'll be pawning his Oscar soon enough if the Union workers ever let him out of his rental Limo trunk....LOL.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Affiliate...

You said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Please remove Gandhi's quote from your signature. It is an insult to a great leader.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, but I disagree. I happen to believe that Michael Moore and Carneol are a couple of those dirty drops that Ghandi was talking about in the first place. Personally, I have never given up on humanity.

Obstinatedon

Mahatma Gandhi

Yes,

Horray for Holly Wood!
    Where you're Fantastic if you're even Good
    Where Every Office Boy or Young Mechanic
    Can be a Panic ...
    With just a Good Looking Smile...

Or Maybe...

Horray for Holly Wood
    Where only Democrats are ever good!
    Where Gore's BS and legal erections
    Can Win Elections...
    If We just Don't Go to Vote!

It Seems like History
    And a Mystery
    Why George Bush is "Fictional Presidency"
    When He is Ars Kicking Iraqi
    To Make It Safe For You-n-Me.
    BUT THAT AIN'T HOLLYWOOD...

Don, You gotta quit watching that trash...

Doc

"Half this game is ninety percent mental." -- Phillies Manager, Danny Ozark

ABW Ambassador
    Actually Doc, I was there.

Obstinatedon

Mahatma Gandhi

Obdon.."Actually Doc, I was there" I sure hope you ate all their food, copped a Halli Berry feel and ran them out of scotch as you spoke your mind.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    LOL Mike! There was no way to run them out of scotch. I have never seen so much free booze in my life as I did at the after-party I attended.

Those willing to listen however, did indeed get to hear me speak my mind. I do believe that the "industry" types I know simply think I'm some sort of eclectic who is always willing to offer dialog from the right.

Obstinatedon

Mahatma Gandhi

Audience
    TV
    Don, You gotta quit watching that trash...

Doc

"Half this game is ninety percent mental." -- Phillies Manager, Danny Ozark

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I hope we get a new McCarthy-esque blacklisting <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm getting confused again ... I didn't see the awards, so can't comment on whether the person used his freedom of speech with taste or tact, but I didn't think freedom of speech was reserved only for people who agree with you?

ABW Ambassador
    Never said a word about freedom of speech Elisabeth. As a matter of fact, I am using this particular forum as an avenue for my own.

Obstinatedon

Mahatma Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    If you advocate a McCarthyesque blacklisting, you are indeed saying something about freedom of speech, and it ain't purty.

Freedom of speech is one thing, "Bully Pulpit" is another. When you have the attention of tens--of-millions of people who are expecting to see the stars in their seats, clips of their favorite pictures, and a few little thank you's and a peace sign or two - and you are presented with a silly, childish rant that's sad.

Just because one stands in front of a microphone, does not mean they can say anything they want, anytime they want. For example, Mr. Moore does not have freedom of speech in my house.

Fred

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." Abraham Lincoln

I don't believe in freedom of speech for those not willing to pay it's price.

ABW Ambassador
    And that price would be ...?

Hope you drove your Harley to the event Obdon and offered Jane Fonda a ride home for a debate. Easyrider meets Hollywood up close and personal. Hope you have a well deserved hangover even if your writing style doesn't seem to be affected.

Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    Elisabeth...

You said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you advocate a McCarthyesque blacklisting, you are indeed saying something about freedom of speech, and it ain't purty.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am certain that one as learned as yourself would know that although a person may have the right to freedom of speech, that particular freedom does not extend to crying "fire" in a crowded theatre when one does not exist. Many of the ultra-left (and granted, the ultra-right as well), and Michael Moore in particular, utilize that tactic with brutal demoralizing results time and again. Although I do not really want that right taken away from anyone, I would personally enjoy a debate with him in a public forum.

Those who continually decry that we who think this war is justified are less than egalitarian in our approach should perhaps not cast stones for fear of breaking their own walls.

Obstinatedon

Mahatma Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> does not extend to crying "fire" in a crowded theatre when one does not exist. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So are you saying that Michael Moore lied about something?

ABW Ambassador
    Yes Elisabeth...

I am saying that Michael Moore creates his own realities to fit a left-winged lopsided ideology. He never lets facts get in the way of his viewpoint.

Obstinatedon

Mahatma Gandhi

He should have expressed his disappointment with the war (his right), succinctly and then support the troops and their safe return. His diatribe was pure horse hockey and made him look like an utter ass, IMO.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast