Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    The Celtics Are Back!!!
    I got a ticket to last nights Boston Celtics - Denver Nuggets game. I went with five of my colleagues as CSN has company tickets that they give to employees. I went to HalfTime Pizza right next to the Garden. I grew up going to this place before every Celtics and Bruins game that I ever attended with my Dad. I had a few cold ones and a few slices and headed into the Garden for the first time since the Celtics worst season in franchise history last year. The Crowd was hyped to see Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen play together. Before the game the camera flashed onto Kevin Youkillis, who was in attendance, and the place went bonkers. The place was buzzing like I have never heard before. The crowd noise at tip off was deafening(and we dont pipe sound into our stadium Indy). Boston Celtic fans were ready to cheer their team to victory.

The new look Celtics did not dissapoint. They were up FORTY points at halftime against a solid Western Conference foe. The game was already over at the half. KG is unstoppable on the block and his intensity matched his skill. Pierce and Allen were open all day, and if they weren't they found the open man. It was truly a beautiful thing to watch.

I am very excited to see the green back in full force. We actually have a title contendor again!!! The other 31 teams in the NBA had better be ready, cause the C's are in it to win it this season.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    OH Brent!!

Now we have to listen to all the about the Celtics?
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    OH Brent!!

Now we have to listen to all the about the Celtics?
    You are just mad they beat your Denver Nuggets!

I love the C's just as much as the BoSox, so the answer to your question is absolutely!

p.s. I used the Rockies Bottle opener the other night, worked like a charm! thanks again.
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    [COLOR=DarkGreen] and we dont pipe sound into our stadium Indy).
    Nah, don't have to. The sounds of the trains passing 10' from the wall of the Garden, cars crashing into one another as drivers aggressively battle for a piece of the road, fans screaming that their seats don't allow them a decent view of the game and the endless loop recording of Teddy explaining Chappaquiddick through song are all the noise you need!! LOL
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

p.s. I used the Rockies Bottle opener the other night, worked like a charm! thanks again.
    It works on "near beer"? I know you love your teams out there Brent. I don't really pay much attention to sports, got too many other things to enjoy, but I can appreciate your enthusiasm for your teams. In retrospect, having lived near the Cape for 11 years, it will always be a great memory for me that my Avalanche were able to make Ray's dream come true.

p.s. Happy to hear the the bottle opener works well for ya kid. :-)

Affiliate Manager
    The Celtics Are Back!!!
    Where did they go?

ABW Ambassador
    I'm happy just to see an Eastern Conference team looking good. Tired of the West

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    I will be curious to see how the Celtics do against a team that is really clicking on all cylinders. Spurs, Suns, Mavs, or the Rockets would be a real challenge. Nice to see them as a powerhouse again, though.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chet_B
    Where did they go?
    Basketball Insignificance. They were an afterthought in Boton since about 1990. We had a couple decent years early in the millenium, but never had a true title contendor.
    Brent Elias

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Djambazov
    I will be curious to see how the Celtics do against a team that is really clicking on all cylinders. Spurs, Suns, Mavs, or the Rockets would be a real challenge. Nice to see them as a powerhouse again, though.
    Me neither Angel. I want to see what this team is made of. Those five teams are the measuring stick, with the Pistons included in the conversation. Denver has a solid squad, so it was great to see the boys play as well as they did. But I am really looking forward to watching the green play the brass of the NBA.
    Brent Elias

It works on "near beer"? I know you love your teams out there Brent. I don't really pay much attention to sports, got too many other things to enjoy, but I can appreciate your enthusiasm for your teams. In retrospect, having lived near the Cape for 11 years, it will always be a great memory for me that my Avalanche were able to make Ray's dream come true.

p.s. Happy to hear the the bottle opener works well for ya kid. :-)

I blame my old man for my sports obsession. It is what we bonded over. Watching games, playing ball in the driveway, playing catch, he was a coach of mine for many years during my sports glory days. He taught me everything I know and appreciate about sports. We still watch games together all the time. It is something that will never get old for either one of us and continues to keep us close. When the Sox won the World Series I went crazy for a few minutes and then immediately called him and enjoyed the moment together. Its what it is all about for me.
    Brent Elias

Not sure if anyone turned ESPN on last night, but the Celtics and Detroit Pistons had a tilt at the Boston Garden. Even though the Celtics lost by two, it was one of the most enjoyable basketball games that I had watched in a while. Both teams were playing with Playoff level intensity. The Garden was rocking, you couldn't hear yourself think the place got so loud. I can see these two squads facing off in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Go Celtics!!!
    Brent Elias

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Note sure your senior citizens can hold up through the season and playoffs though.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    Note sure your senior citizens can hold up through the season and playoffs though.
    As excited as I am, I must agree with you! Can, and will, they hold up? I have no worries about them vs. their eastern conference foes. I want them to take copious notes when they play the western conference foes so when the playoffs come, there is plenty of scout material.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekForeal
    As excited as I am, I must agree with you! Can, and will, they hold up? I have no worries about them vs. their eastern conference foes. I want them to take copious notes when they play the western conference foes so when the playoffs come, there is plenty of scout material.
    First of all, let me be the first to commend you on a stellar username. That is one of the better ones I have seen thusfar.

Secondly, I couldn't agree with you guys more. The Celtics are a very very good team, with little experience playing in important games and situations together. This Boston Celtic team needs to get use to playing in big time games, and stepping it up in big time moments. The only way to fight through this will be experience. The more they have to play in close games, the better off they will be come playoff time.

I can't wait for the C's to play some top level competition. The Detroit game was one of the best C's game I had watched in years. It is nice blowing marginal teams out, but there is nothing like some good competition to really bring the best out in a team. I cant wait for the green to play San Antonio, Dallas, Utah, Pheonix and a few other solid NBA squads.
    Brent Elias

Brent E.,

I appreciate the comment. My fondest memories are going over a friend of the family's house and watching Celtic game after Celtic game after Celtic game. I mean, in the early 80's they were the only team going to the finals every year. That is when basketball was basketball. It was a team effort and no one, I mean no one, on the team was afraid to say, "Hey, pass the ball to me. I want to take the game winning shot." Each player was willing to risk being the goat to get the glory. That is rare, really unheard of, in today's NBA.

The Celtics got there biggest win of the year on Saturday night when they went into Detroit and took down the Pistons. What a big win that is for a team trying to prove to the league and themselves that they are the real deal. That was a huge stepping stone to our goal for championship banner number 17.

Go C's!
    Brent Elias

Man, could Boston have anymore of a dream year in sports? Great to see the Celtics back in biz.

Man, could Boston have anymore of a dream year in sports? Great to see the Celtics back in biz.
    The answer to that question is No WAY! This year has been magical in Boston. We are getting very spoiled. It is going to be an ugly scene when things get back to normal.

I hope you are doing well Alan. I'm Looking forward to seeing you at the summit.
    Brent Elias

Go Green!!! BEAT L.A.!!!

Good Luck to the Boston Celtics, as they start their quest for a 17th NBA Title Tonight!!!

Brent Elias

Go Lakers!!! Beat Boston!

Fun to see this classic Lakers - Celtics matchup back!

ABW Ambassador
    Lakers in 5

I don't wish that, would like to see a competitive series but I just have what I've seen so far to base that on. But it would be cool to see the Celtics pull off an upset. Good luck to both teams.

Go Green!!! BEAT L.A.!!!
    Good Luck to the Boston Celtics, as they start their quest for a 17th NBA Title Tonight!!!
    Yep, the Celtics and the Lakers are at it again, after many years!

I remember the classic playoff series of the 80's between these two. It is both nostalgic and exciting to see them face off again more than 20 years later!

I'm gonna stick my neck out and go with the Celtics on this one, but either way it is going to be a high intensity series.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    I think it is LA's series to loose. Lakers in 6.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Lakers in 6 as well..Kobe Kobe Kobe.
    Nick Nelson | nick at aff.biz | Skype: snickn | Phone: 312.282.4515
    Aff.biz Coming Soon - Midphase.com, ANHosting.com, US2.net & UK2.net
    Join now!
    We're serious about Affiliates! - Free Hosting for all Affiliates, ask me how.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast