Canadian Link Share Merchants Avon & Toys R Us
    First of all it's slim pickins. There just aren't many. Avon.ca and Toys R Us.ca are a good fit for my site HOWEVER these two merchants appear to not pay attention to their corners of Link Share.

I find very few creatives to choose from, nothing that I could make into a display for my blog homepage which I use as a billboard. So far NO holiday creatives and no individual product links that I could use to make a display. (toys R s has product links that have never worked, lol) Also, (and this is a very BIG also) what's up with Toys R Us and that lucrative 3% commission with 0% commission on video games and other hot products? I feel like I should pay THEM to have links on my site.

It's frustrating because I'm able to elect to NOT have USA merchants links on my site if they don't offer a decent commission. There are so many USA merchants to choose from that I don't think twice about not promoting certain merchants (GAP 4%, LMAO!) Unfortunately, because there are just so few decent merchants to choose from for Canada I have to deal with mediocrity and low commissions.

It's very frustrating because I can't get a response to my emails about creatives. I tried to call Toys R Us.ca Corp in Ontario and wound up being abused by a woman in Customer Service and then was transfered to 3 voicemails (none of which returned my call, lol) I had a similar experience with Avon when I called their corp offices in NY. A receptionist there tried to take my head off and when I finally did get through to the woman who handles Link share she told me that Avon.ca was in the process of updating and adding links and that they would be as good as Avon USA. That was 2 months ago.

Are these people in business to make money or not?

Both of these merchants send me email regularly so reply to their email to discuss your concerns. Also their are a lot more programs out there.

I also sent of an email about the T "R" U 3% but they did not reply to that email.

did you guys get an email from Toys R Us a few weeks back wanting us to promote the use of an offer for a free gift for our customers when shopping at a brick and mortar store.

The problem:
    They want us to most promotions that we won't be compensated for...LOL.
    Why would I even attempt to do this with a merchant that offers a whopping 35 commission.

Maybe Toys R Us should pay us a flat fee for posting this type of promotion and sending our customers to them.

bibby...I don't recall that email (oops..) but I would have had something to say if I'd seen it. That's nervy as hell. Like I would ever put an merchants link on my site and not be compensated for it! What, do they think I'm a nice person or something?

Speaking of putting merchant links on my site and not being compensated...
    I've written to Avon.ca and Avon USA several times regarding the message on their homepages that urges traffic to find a Avon representative near them and promising a reduced shipping fee of $3 when they shop with an Erepresentative. What's up with that? Are they taking business away from me, it looks like it. Needless to say I have never received a response to those emails either.

If anyone reading this can clear this up for me I'd sure appreciate it.

Do They Think We're Stupid?
    It makes you wonder why they started an affiliate program in the first place. Do they think we're stupid. Affiliate marketing today has progressed to a legitimate business and most of us are in the business to make money.

I love the business and take it and my peers very seriously. I think affilaites need to stick together and share info like we do in this forum. As a group we ca be very powerful.

I'm starting to sounfd like the old Canadian Boy that I am eh.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread