ABW Ambassador
    Why Bother if you have to wait 2 - 3 months + to get paid?
    I got an email to confirm that my last payment was sent on the 16th of October. It is now the 9th of November and my check has still not arrived and even if it does which I seriously doubt now then it would be at earliest Monday the 12th so that is nearly one whole month before I even get my check if I'm lucky and even then it will have to be banked here (in Australia) and it will then take another 28 days for it to clear in my bank as they have to send it back to the USA for clearing (which is the standard procedure here with all banks clearing US currency checks) plus I get stung $10 per check. Heck they won't even offer a check in my local currency. So that means 2 months at the earliest now if the check does even actually arrive and it could take months more to get a reissue if the check is lost which looks to be the case. I have my serious doubts though as it should have got here about a week or two ago. I use a secure post office box for my mail so it must be lost in the US system somewhere.... Checks used to only take 8-10 days but in the last few months they seem to be taking about 2-3 weeks from USA due to tighter security apparently. So this months check for November when that is paid will mean if I'm very lucky I will have the funds in my account in mid to late January but more like February next year, what a drag

How can a small business expect to operate with a useless cash flow system like this, answer is use a network that pays by direct deposit to international affiliates like ShareASale, Linkshare and now CJ (thank heavens) or even better Avantlink who offer PayPal. If it wasn't for these networks then using a company like Performics to bring in cash flow would destroy a business like mine.

Why bother writing this on a forum because I wrote to Performics and they didn't want to know about it, in fact they never bothered to even reply to my last email as below.
    Hello,
    Well this is a huge problem for me, I still have not even received the check sent nearly a month ago and then I have to wait another month when I finally do get it before it clears (if it does ever get here which I have serious doubts now).This is just totally ridiculous and I don't understand this at all and I'm not happy at all about this situation. I think it is about time your company gets with the times & starts offering direct deposit to Australian based affiliates or offer PayPal payments like other networks do.

It certainly gives me little incentive now to put time into improving my links for the Performance merchants, instead I will concentrate on other networks merchants as I need cash flow and you should understand that.
    This is very disappointing as I had just spent a lot of work in last few months to really improve my sales for Performics merchants and they are up by a huge margin due to that work. I was planning to spend the next 2 weeks redoing many merchants pages to bring in a whole lot more sales for the holiday season but why should I even bother if Performics don't care if I have cash flow and expect me to wait months before I get the money to use. This month check is a lot bigger for me than the last one I'm still waiting on, I'm not happy I will have to wait until Jan/Feb next year before I see any of that.

So I now plan on spending the few weeks to now use for more time improving my links for networks that want to help me get paid. The whole idea of this business is to make money, so without that then there is little initiative. HELLO !!! Performics, it is an absolute joke to expect me to wait 2-3 months for a payment to be in my account by the time it gets here and is cleared. thanks very much Performics, very disappointing considering you have been improving other areas of your program but this is a vital issue and if you ignore this then why should I bother.

Maybe Performics employees could wait 2 -3 months before they get next weeks paycheck
    Last edited by glittered; November 10th, 2007 at 02:37 AM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Hey Glinted,

Just a thought. I guess they don't offer direct deposit to Aust. Why not incorporate in US and have all payments go through direct deposit to a US bank? I was reading on Fortune Small Business and US is one of the friendliest place for small biz to incorporate, approximately 3-4 days.

Once you incorporate, setup with a bank in US. If it is a multinational bank, you might be able to do a acct to acct transfer from US branch to Aust Branch (Citi, HSBC). Or there are other options of transferring money virtually but with a fee.

Either way, you cut out the 2-3 months wait, not worry about the exchange rate (that much) and possibly less fees.

Regards,

I am not even really sure he has to incorporate - that is one of a several different ways to structure your US business.

Patrick
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Eric & Patrick, the term "incorporate" are you talking about incorporating a company in the USA or just opening a bank account there? I have looked into opening a bank account in the usa awhile back but it seems to be quite difficult unless you live there. Maybe it has changed now? One thing I'm looking at is opening a US currency bank account at one of my local branches here in Australia, I should know more about that in next few days & if it is possible & worthwhile. I also get checks from other network or indy's as well, sometimes they can be as low as $30 etc and by the time you take the $10 fee out it is hardly worth it for those ones. So I would definitly like to have a solution for those that still insist on paying the old fashion pre-historic way. I would still like Performics to offer direct deposit though.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Incorporating a company. What about PayPal? Does that make it easier to get money to/from you?
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

ABW Ambassador
    It's very unlikely that the check was actually mailed on October 16th. Performics takes up to a week after the email date to actually mail the check.

I get payments from about 10 different sources. None of them offer PayPal.

A good way to limit foreign check cashing fees is to set a payment threshold where offered, but if a company is going to support EFT, they should offer it to all countries allowed.

ABW Ambassador
    Incorporating a company. What about PayPal? Does that make it easier to get money to/from you?
    ok I see, I will look into the company idea but seems like it could be a fair bit of work (tax's, setting up bank accounts etc ). Yes I would be more than happy if they paid in PayPal, that is just as good if not better than direct debit because I can then transfer to local currency when the exchange rates are best. AvantLink offer this recently after I asked them, probably from others asking as well and they set it up with minimal fuss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's very unlikely that the check was actually mailed on October 16th. Performics takes up to a week after the email date to actually mail the check.

I get payments from about 10 different sources. None of them offer PayPal.

A good way to limit foreign check cashing fees is to set a payment threshold where offered, but if a company is going to support EFT, they should offer it to all countries allowed.
    that might be the case, with the delay, yes i have thresholds for performics as well but the smaller indy's don't often allow this.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Here is my 2 cents (again )

For a personal acct:
    1) You are required to have a social security number to open a personal bank acct. Once you have that, you can open an acct online. Search for INGdirect or HSBCdirect.

2) For a biz acct.
    ONE of the following is required:
    Copy of Certificate of Good Standing. Also known as:
    -Certificate of Existence
    -Certificate of Status
    -or-
    Copy of Articles of Organization. Also known as:
    -Certificate of Organization
    -Certificate of Formation
    -Articles of Formation

3) Depending on the amount that you are getting, if you make xxxxx per year, it might be a good idea to get a accountant that will handle that. I know of a friend who works in Germany but funnel all money to another country "Legally" and pay taxes, etc in that country as opposed to Germany.

Tax Liabilities
    Incorporating in the US (regardless of state) will open you up to corporate tax liabilities in the USA.

I would highly suggest consulting with a US CPA or an Australian CPA who is familiar with both systems. I'm considering a similar thing in the UK (as we are expanding operations there) but the taxes are a mess.

As for incorporating and bank account in the USA - everything can be done online, but sometimes you do have to talk to someone over there which with the time difference by you might be a killer (I'm GMT + 0400 so it's not as bad).

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    If Performics won't do PayPal or international deposit, check to see if any of the merchants that you work with offer an in-house program.

I recently switched one of my sites's merchants from CJ to in-house programs out of thirty merchants about 20 of them offered PayPal via their in-house program and 6 were exclusively CJ so I decided to drop them from my site.

I hope managers from other networks will think about how the lack of good payment options hurts international affiliates.

Hi, I raised this on another forum today--suddenly Performics tells me I've had no sales for 365 days, yet I got checks for the first and second quarter, based, I guess, just on having placed ads. I can't get a clear answer for why I went from earning $1200 to earning zero the next quarter. Anyone have any thoughts? The quarter ended in September; affiliates have to wait 30 days from when the last payment is received by Performics and then another week or so.

ABW Ambassador
    Eric thanks for the details but as Oz pointed out & as I suspected there will be a whole load of tax & legal issues with starting a company in the US from here. It is something I don't have time for and can be bothered with right now but it could be an option if I want to expand and grow further in the future. Maybe just opening a US bank account could be ok if I can find out how, where and the details...

lost, you are right there, it would be preferred to use an in house program or another network if the Performics won't listen and do something about this situation. Although I do have other reasons to keep the links on a network if I'm making sales as often changing links can effect organic seo results plus I don't like using in house programs because it can slow things down quite a bit. Using a network to take care of everything including links, payments etc can speed up things lot especially when you have thousands of merchants you are working with.

etaoin, it sounds worrying that you lost your transactions that much, I hope you find out what is causing it.

Really if Performics can just starting offering direct deposits or PayPal then there is no need for any of this fuss. Although I will at least open a US currency account here soon as I made some inquires here today and it is possible for me to open an account.. I checked 3 banks and all have various requirements and fees that vary quite considerably. One bank (St George bank ) has a 150k initial deposit requirement & another (Commonwealth bank) 5k and (Wespac bank) zero deposit needed) but they have different fees as well.. I will make some inquires to other banks over the next week and see which one will suit me the best. This will only solve the problem I have recently of currency fluctuations as the US dollar that has been quite volatile recently and this can cost a fair bit if the commission is converted from the US to a local currency plus the banks are adding several % points on top of the conversion so for example if the Aussie dollar is worth 92 to the Us then it could be 96 to the US dollar after the banks or the networks payment center get their hands on it.. If I have an account in US or foreign currency which I could use for checks from the UK as well then I can convert when the exchange rates are at the best and avoid these extra fees, it could save hundreds for a few thousand in commissions and more. I could use this US currency account for the other networks to make their direct deposits into and this could save me a lot of money and maybe others who are also in a similar situation as mine.

From my inquires it still seems I have to wait 3-4 weeks for US checks to clear even if they are banked in a US currency account but that I can live with. What I don't like though is waiting for the damn checks to arrive and then find they are lost etc so the more networks and merchants that can do direct deposits or PayPal then the better. I hope Performics will step up to the current standard that other major networks have adopted and that is to work with us International affiliates.

I also might be traveling in the future and I might not be able to get to my mail that often so having it banked into my account is going to mean I won't have to bother with snail mail. There are many benefits to avoiding checks, not to mention that each time you walk into a bank then it is one more chance of been caught in the middle of an armed robbery .

ABW Ambassador
    Well I just opened a new US currency Account plus one for UK pounds. I have written to Performics to ask them to start paying me into this US currency account, I hope they can as my check has still not arrived and this is now over a month I have been waiting!

I have also contacted other networks to start paying me now into these accounts as well... It will be interesting to see who will & who won't.

ABW Ambassador
    Performics have still not replied to any of my emails on the lost check issue, how bad is that? I did finally get the check but it was sent on the 18th of Nov as it was printed on the envelope. But I want them to tell me why it took so long and what will happen in the future and it is now the 28th and they have not made a payment for this month, what is going on with this company, I really feel like they are screwing me around and this is disappointing as prior to this they had been one of the most diligent when it came to support. So for Septembers earnings, I will have that money to use in late December by the time they have sent it and the bank clears it. So at that rate, my Decembers earnings will be available to me in the middle of 2008 (April).. etc etc///

As for the US currency account, well all the Networks still have to convert it to AU dollars for some reason, they can't direct deposit in US dollars which totally defeats the whole purpose of this, what a pain. So I have set up this new account here but is now only used for the checks sent in the mail.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread