Talking FC Zenit -- Champion of Russia!!
    I've been waiting for this day for years.........

For the first time in the past 23 years, my team -- FC Zenit of St. Petersburg -- has won the country's football (or call it soccer) Premier League, and it's happened today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could start describing what is happening in the city now!! :-)

From 3:45 pm MSK today (when all matches of the Russian Premier League have ended) St. Petersburg's streets, bars, houses... bursted with joy (expressed in tears, shouts of joy, fireworks, and much more). My team is the Champion of Russia!! Go Zenit!!

Zenit is the Champion!!

FC Zenit's Fan Forever,

Geno

PS: Those that think Russia isn't big in football, wait for UEFA's Europen Cup!

PPS: Also, remember CSKA's UEFA Cup triumph two years ago? Today CSKA ended third in the country's main championship. My team is the champion!!
    Last edited by Geno Prussakov; November 13th, 2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: typos

Tax Paying Member
    Congratulations...........
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I understand that soccer is one of the most emotionally-charged sports throughout the world. I remember when "our" Baltimore Ravens won the Superbowl and how the city came "alive" that night. St. Petersburg must be absolutely exuberant.

Congratulations to your team! Go Zenit!
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thank you, guys. We live some 700-800 yards from the main city's stadium -- right in the main street that leads to the stadium. The streets are boiling with joy as I type this... We've just returned back from a restaurant, and my daughter had her little Zenit flag set on her back window (right where she sits in her car-seat) all the time. When we were driving around the city, not many were noticing her little flag, but as we were approaching our home, driving up the street that goes to the stadium, crowds of people with large flags and in Zenit scarves were cheering her, yelling out "Zenit - the Champion" and waving their flags and scarves... She was smiling like a sitting in a royal carriage and waving back at them all... She's had a blast too....

CONGRATULATIONS

Geno
    Last edited by Geno Prussakov; November 13th, 2007 at 07:51 AM.

I just ABestWeb!!

We've won this big game just yesterday, and my post is already 2nd on Google.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    I just ABestWeb!!

We've won this big game just yesterday, and my post is already 2nd on Google.

Geno
    Now, if we could only do that with our marketing pages...

...then, we too, would be champions.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

#2? Check again ... It's #1!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    #2? Check again ... It's #1!
    Ahhh - the power of a true authority site. WTG, Haiko!

This kinda pisses me off, but someone/bot took the liberty of copying Geno's 1st post on this thread and posted it here, word for word:

here

I don't like the way some of these sites feed off others to gain in the rankings.

Go shake em up Haiko!

-sfcom

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    This kinda pisses me off, but someone/bot took the liberty of copying Geno's 1st post on this thread and posted it here, word for word:

xxxxxx

I don't like the way some of these sites feed off others to gain in the rankings.

Go shake em up Haiko!

-sfcom
    You are right, but I just had to close all my windows and reset my IE while I was there.

I was reading that MFA page and right after I was reading the second page from the text they copy on the other page, I was loaded with POP-UP hell one after the other and I got a few auto cookies too, but I had to close everything with Alt-Control-Delete in order to get my browser back.

So I don't recommend that people click on that link you posted without extra heavy protection first, or better yet, just don't visit that site or you might regret it later.

You are lucky.. You have Fernando Meira.. the gratest footballer in the universe..I hope you fans give him what he deserves..Our Gala fans never shown him enough respect..

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread