Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    War Could Be Big Business for Halliburton...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...lliburton_dc_1

Related searches

Companies:
    Brown & Root
    Carlyle Group
    etc.
    People:
    George Bush, Sr.
    VP Dick Cheney
    Condoleezza Rice
    etc.

I'm glad to hear some people are at least getting some benefit out of this. I hope it boosts the economy like most wars tend to do. This doesn't take away from the devestation of loosing UK and US troops of course but it's just a small positive in a whole sea of negatives. War sucks no doubt but at times like now it's necessary.

BTW is it just me or was this posted as bait?

First, I feel sorry for US and UK troops that are killed, captured and even fighting, too.

Second,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    BTW is it just me or was this posted as bait? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're just saying this to close down this thread, like Haiko did the other one, you can go ahead. I wouldn't care less.

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting article. This quote in particular shows how deep the conspiracy is:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Years before Cheney's stint at the helm, a predecessor company built the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station and several warships during World War II. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is shocking to this CNN-watching uninformed American hick that Cheney and Haliburton were behind America's involvement in WWII.

We could have stayed home and been safe...but NO we were controlled by these damn profiteers.

No Sambay I'm not saying to close down this thread. I'm just asking if it's bait for more shit stirring or not. I've long since given up on doing any moderating because of my own extreme bias. I would moderate and never stop if I were to start.

Well, the "shit" is everywhere, it doesn't need any stirring.

It's just an article with a comment taken from on "Yahoo! Homepage" news section. If it's stirring something with you, then it's your problem.

lol guess I'm stirring shit myself

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We could have stayed home and been safe... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

History lesson: that's pretty much what the US did for over two years in WW2. They watched from the sidelines while Britain was fighting for its life against Hitler. Oh, they helped out with some supplies, but it took Pearl Harbor before the US really woke up and got involved.

Exactly Elizabeth. It took Pearl Harbor and now it took 911. The United States needs to be kept awake and not allowed to ignore what's going on. WWII was the most preventable war in history and that's exactly the point of taking out Sadam now.

Why is Halliburton being involved an issue? You pick the best contractor for the job and after working around many of those firms I can honestly say that Hallibuton is one of the best. If people have a problem with Halliburton, who do they want to take on the task?

Of course, many people are going to ignore the fact that Halliburton is EXTREMLY qualified to do this so they can spout more B.S. conspiracy theories. (translation: "Why Bush is the Devil" stories")

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    Exactly Elizabeth. It took Pearl Harbor and now it took 911. The United States needs to be kept awake and not allowed to ignore what's going on. WWII was the most preventable war in history and that's exactly the point of taking out Sadam now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Exactly right! The reality, though, is that WWIII started on 9/11, it is the war on terror, it will be less ferocious in sustained continuous conflict, but will last much longer in terms of years. It may not even be entirely winnable, but it must be fought.

ABW Ambassador
    Resist the temptation to try to draw historical parallels when things aren't truly parallel.

One major difference between the present situation and WW II is that last week when the US invaded, Iraq was contained within its own borders.

Another problem is that it wasn't Saddam Hussein who orchestrated 9/11, it was Osama bin Laden. Anyone remember him? Going after Osama was valid, after 9/11. Going into Iraq is a lot less so, especially when you haven't finished the job in Afghanistan.

All the tough talk about the "war on terror" seems to forget that was IS terror.

At the moment a lot of people around the world have bitter thoughts about who is the biggest terrorist of all, and in their view it ain't Saddam. I'm NOT talking about the "peaceniks" here, BTW.

Even if the US "wins" the present battle in relatively short order, the legacy of this will be millions of angry people who feel they have good reason to take the law into their own hands and retaliate against Americans however they can.

And, saddest of all, their reasoning will be exactly the same as George Bush's: "I thought he was going to hit me so I hit him back first."

There are intelligence reports that link Saddam and Bin Laden, they certainly share their hatred of America, so this alliance is not impossible to believe.

I'm sure people would feel very differently if they knew Saddam played a role in the devastation on 9/11.

I feel there's a lot more information forthcoming, and a lot of things will be cleared up when that happens.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Why are we fighting Muslems when murderers of all faiths do their dispecable deeds daily??

The difference is that only Muslems are murdering themselves and other faiths as a unified force. All other murderers do not have their faith as the prime excuse for killing. Did the Black US Soldier, who fragged his commanders in Kuwait, justify it internally because of discrimination or a personal feud with those commanding him. Hell no. He did it because his Muslem mindset justified his action as an act pleasing to Allah.

WMD are the neutralizer when placed in the hands of responsible moral governments. Spooky when they get into the hands of Communist Russia, Pakistan or N. Korea. Not so spooky when rational human minds control the Nuke trigger fingers who still cannot fathom what the word Jehad has to do with world diplomacy.

The world does not fear WMD in the hands of the USA, Germany, France, Israel, China, Britain. The world fears any Muslem country getting their hands on these with capabilities to carry them beyond their borders. Fear of that becoming a reality is what drives this war. Nothing else. We do not fear Saddam as he's just a piss ant thug dictator. We feared Hitler and he wasn't Muslem. Now Arafat, Bin Laden, Koumanni, Gadaffi or a slew of other Islamic power brokers with some N. Korean Nukes and Ballistic missles would be spooky to world peace. So we disarm Islam and destroy their WMD sources as a act of self defence.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Haiko,

Will this ever going to stop or are you supporting this kind of posts? If you do I have no objection but I want to see your opinion on this one. Many people here support the war or dont which is okey for each of us even though we have different views but this hate is really getting to me, nobody spews hate like this.

I will not post anymore after this post on this subject until I get a reply..And I bet I'm not the only one feeling like this way.

thanks,
    artistic genius between chicks.

-NO WAR-

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Even if the US "wins" the present battle in relatively short order, the legacy of this will be millions of angry people who feel they have good reason to take the law into their own hands and retaliate against Americans however they can. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The animosity is growing among Americans as well. At least in this one.

With all the anti-American fervor, Americans-as-murders attitude, and condescension, I don't view France and all the other countries as allies or friends anymore. I only hope relations can be maintained for economic purposes.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Many people here support the war or dont which is okey for each of us even though we have different views but this hate is really getting to me, nobody spews hate like this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you expect? We are the murdering ignorant Americans, remember? You are going to stop posting now that the scathing anti-Americanism type attacks are working?

ABW Ambassador
    The next economic step for the USA is to rebuild Iraq. Which will cost you billions and billions of $$$. And if the USA takes it from the money from oil from the Iraqi people they are thieves at all. But as the US officials at the UNO already stated: The USA can not afford the rebuilding of Iraq, and they allready begged all that countries which the US administration is disparaging now to help them paying for that. I hope that the USA will repentantly return into the Family of Nations. If this will happen the war would have had any sense.
    carneol

"Even if the US "wins" the present battle in relatively short order, the legacy of this will be millions of angry people who feel they have good reason to take the law into their own hands and retaliate against Americans however they can."

Your opinion Elizabeth, not a fact.

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." Abraham Lincoln

"The next economic step for the USA is to rebuild Iraq. "

Something we do a lot. And will do again. If the cleanup and re-build uses oil assets from Iraq (initially), then so be it.

Remember Afghanistan? The very same arguments were used - the same ones. "oh no, you will make all the Muslims mad at us." "there will be increased terrorism."

Here we are, cleaning up Iraq. Some don't like it, but it's happening. When it is over, the world will be a more peaceful place (IMHO).

Fred

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." Abraham Lincoln

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    elisabeth said:
    - - - - - - - -
    Even if the US "wins" the present battle in relatively short order, the legacy of this will be millions of angry people who feel they have good reason to take the law into their own hands and retaliate against Americans however they can.
    - - - - - - - -

Except, of course, that after we eliminate the sadistic serial killer and his regime, America will rebuild the economy, donate millions - perhaps billions - towards health and education programs, rebuilding their economy, building hospitals and a government that allows their citizens to speak opposing views without being tortured or killed, like we have in every other war. But of course, things like that are so easily forgotten by our critics.

America needs one of those McDonalds signs that says 'Over 3 billion served', because apparently, people are quick to forget our positives when those positives don't fit into their imperialistic view of our country.

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

So Sadam was behind Sept. 11? Hmmmm....maybe, but taking into account that 90% of the criminals that did it (Sept. 11) where from Saudi Arabia, I would think that Saudi Arabia has more culpability here. But you will never see the US doing anything about it, and we all know why - talk about hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy, lol. Look at all the people saying we should have left Saddam alone, allow him to continue to rape and torture the spouses and children of his political opponents.

Everyone has seen the photos of the Iraqi citizens Saddam gassed, still it's not enough.

You take another look at those images, defanjos, then tell me it's not okay to go in and kick the snot out of Saddam.

elbowcreek,
    Why don't you address what I have said in my message?

If I hear again that the US is going into Iraq to liberate it, I am going to puke.

Also, by your reasoning, many countries in Africa are next, right? We don't the US go and liberate them? What happens there is worst than what happens in Iraq.

Lets not forget about North Korea, China, Burma, etc.

Heck, lets go and make every country a democracy a la west.

So, what your saying, is, it's okay to leave Saddam in power. That's what your saying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast