Affiliates - What would you want if you could ask for anything?
    As I am reviewing the Artiko Chef affiliate program, I have been asking myself, what would I want if I was an affiliate of this program. But then I realized, why not just ask you, the affiliates.

If you could tell us, affiliate managers and merchants, what you need from us to be more successful, what would you say?

More creative pieces? Text ads? Newsletter content? More specials or incentives? RSS feeds? Keyword suggestions? Stats?

So I am asking, what would you like offered to you to become more successful?

Thank you for your time!

I just took a quick look at your site. And, for right now, I will only note one thing. I would want a site that loads quickly on all computers. Your main home page image that measures 350x280 pixels on the page is being resized down from an extremely large (1500x1200 px) image that is over 1.5 MB in size. Anyone still on dial-up will not see your page for well over a minute - so they will click away and not see it at all. An image that size (350x280) need not be more than about 25 KB in size. Even at the Verizon Special DSL package at 768 KB speed, the page will load v-e-r-y -- s-l-o-w-l-y.

Therefore I could not/would not send any of my readers to your site. Your images definitely need to be optimized for the web. Even your "Best Sellers" plate-of-cookies image is over 50KB. An image that size shouldn't be over about 2 KB. The site layout is attractive and easy to navigate. And your interior images are much better optimized. But you need to optimize the home page to make the site viewable by everyone.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Just looked over your affiliate program's info the way an affiliate sees it in ShareASale, and here are the things that may use some improvements:

* more regular newsletters

* coupons to be updated monthly

* and yes, definitely more text links

Hope this helps.

Geno

Okay, you said anything so...When we login to our stats, a form for link testing would be useful. I want an easy way to test a link to make sure everything about that link is working correctly. It would make a test sale to check the redirect, click tracking, the tracking id, and most important, to see if the sale is tracked and recorded correctly.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray
    What would you want if you could ask for anything?
    Sales without the work
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    If you could tell us, affiliate managers and merchants, what you need from us to be more successful, what would you say?
    If the all the Merchant's creative writers would refrain from
    "inserting, however slight"
    the html tags within the text of the datafeeds,
    it would greatly expedite affiliates preparing and uploading the updates to their respective websites..
    Don't "deaviate" .
    Drenhog

I agree that the site needs some serious SEO work done, and I am pleased to announce that after the holiday season the new, optimized site will launch! YEAH!!!!!

Now that I have taken over managing the affiliate program, there will be a weekly newsletter, a monthly special and coupon, and new creative added monthly (also all the new creative that is currently be added daily right now).

I would like to say that I could offer sales without work, but if I could do that then I would be at Walt Disney World right now and not poring over ABW and spreadsheets :-)

These bits of advice have been GREAT, please keep them coming. I want to improve this entire program and I want it to be exactly the type of program that affiliates want to represent because they know I am building this program for them.

Good reads are this thread and this thread
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Good reads are this thread and this thread
    Thanks Haiko,
    The threads you linked to were good revelant reading on the subject!
    Drenhog

Outsourced Program Manager
    mmm weekly newsletter? I wouldn't do that unless you have something to tell the affiliates in every newsletter. Monthly or every 6 weeks is plenty to stay in touch with them.

Since i have worked both sides of the fence this to me is one of the most important things in an affiliate /affiliate manager relationship

TIMELY response to emails
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Give me a experienced Affiliate Manager with character. One that I don't have to help train. There are some good ones here at ABW.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Product videos I can load on my site.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Again great comments.

I do understand what you are saying regarding a weekly newsletter, my goal with the weekly is not to target active affiliates, rather they will only hear from me when I need to let them know about updates or if there is some specific I need to address with them. The weekly newsletter will be sent out to non active affiliates, I am hoping to get the 85% of affiliates on my program that are not active the help they need to produce sales.

I have found in the past that the affiliates I have worked with that were not active, were not active for a few easily fixable reasons. Mind you that is not the case for all of them, but if I can get the help to the affiliates who need an extra helping hand to become successful, then I will.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread