Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cj-ebay sales is down significantly
    Is it just me or anyone noticed CJ-Ebay earning is down for past few days. alot.. like 70%?

Ebay has changed some of their forms again including the registration page and bidding pages. When they do this "tracking" is always affected, but never told to anyone. Since we do a large amount with them we notice this right away.

This time, however, we tested immediately to see how much was NOT tracked. The numbers might shock and disturb many ebay affiliates. People might chalk it up to a slow day or week, but in many cases it's simply not the issue.

It's also the case that ebay shows different pages to different people (by whatever means they determine such as geo location, etc), and some of those pages that are shown don't always track correctly. Could it be due to lack of tracking code? More than likely.

We noticed a severe drop off of ACRUs in the last week. Almost immediately this time we were ready and were ready for extensive testing. I can't wait to see the final numbers.

I am curious to know how many sales/ACRU's we lose to poor tracking. A very troubling and frustrating. I also have seen ACRU's drop dramatically over the last week - even with an increase in clicks......

Patrick

I've also seen a huge decrease in ACRUs and sales. And the batch job for sales seems to run a lot later than it used to. I remember seeing most sales come in around 9 - 10pm the following day. Now it seems to take at least 2 days.

Nakedgamer, how do you "test to see how much was not tracked"?

Ebay commissions are in the shitter here too...
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

TOday is Nov 14. it's 10:55am EST. My last earning report is Nov 11. I guess it's not just me.. I guess CJ has become really slow for past few days.

We put together a test group of members (from one of our sites) that agreed to register/bid whatever and then disclose the exact dates/times. It's not a small group either with over a hundred people. We are still sifting through the numbers.

The good news is tracking is nearly back up to 90% on ebay so things should start picking back up.

Quote Originally Posted by 212TomTom
    I've also seen a huge decrease in ACRUs and sales. And the batch job for sales seems to run a lot later than it used to. I remember seeing most sales come in around 9 - 10pm the following day. Now it seems to take at least 2 days.

Nakedgamer, how do you "test to see how much was not tracked"?
    I read a thread on ebays affiliate forum here about the 'Guest Buyer' program.

I wonder if ebays 'Guest Buyers' program is causing the drop in ACRUs?

here's another post about the 'Guest Buyer' program from ebays Q&A.

Here are is what the flow looks like from a "Guest Buyers" perspective.
    Last edited by gkear1974; November 14th, 2007 at 02:22 PM.

Our eBay commissions are down about 70% from 12 months ago.

It was great until the tracking problems this spring, we received a reasonable make-good on that one, but IMHO I don't think it's been tracking right since spring for some of us. And October was extremely broken. We went days with no commission reporting at all. Then partial reporting from several days prior. We recently received an October make good that was ridiculously low. It's too bad. Our traffic is buyers. But I've lost faith in the tracking now. Got all excited about the new ACRU amount and they have mysteriously trailed off too. It could be a thousand different things but all I know is it was working great this spring and it's almost not worth the space (for us) now. I do wish ebay was converting like it used to.

Did anyone get an email late last month or early this month saying there was an ebay tracking problem and they would calculate a % bonus??.. or just my imagination, i cant find the email anymore

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by stancrazy
    Did anyone get an email late last month or early this month saying there was an ebay tracking problem and they would calculate a % bonus??.. or just my imagination, i cant find the email anymore
    It's referenced at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=97209

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Since we do a large amount with them we notice this right away.
    When you say "large amount" go you most use PPC, mini-sites, mega site, or combination??

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Hi Snowman and thank u very much for that bro

hope there gonna make up 4 the loss this month also...100% a tracking problem..damn its november..sales shud b through the roof!!

Thumbs down
    My ebay stats are waaaaaaaaaaaaay down. I went from dozens of commissions per day to 1 or 2 per WEEK. Checking cj, it says that I have 100s of clicks on "invalid" eBay links. BUT I made those links with their flex tool. I wrote the eBay AM to ask what gives with the invalid links being built with their own tool... but no response so far (I wrote 4 days ago). It's got my monthly totals way down now, and it's bumming me out. ebay makes up about 1/2 of my monthly income, and with my eBay commissions dropping so much, I've taken a huge hit. Ugh.

So... what is one to do when eBay/cj are claiming these are invalid links... but they are links supplied by them? Any way to get around this and get back to earning the money I should be? (With 100s and 100s of "invalid" clicks, I KNOW I should have received a LOT of commision.)

Quote Originally Posted by andwhysee
    Is it just me or anyone noticed CJ-Ebay earning is down for past few days. alot.. like 70%?

Same problem here.

did anyone email and ask them why their system is fwcked up ? i emailed a day back but still no response !!! fawk

How is it now. I have noticed it too even when clicks had gone up.

so is the low income due to tracking problem or low income due to guest buy ? or the its goona be tough just curious !!!

I am also down about 70% for sales this month. My ACRU's are average. I was averaging 2-5 sales a day, yet this month I get one or two every other day with nothing since the 11th. Weird. Time to kill PPC.

ABW Ambassador
    Has anyone addressed this with CJ? The lack of accountability here is just amazing.

Maybe this is my problem...

I have only managed to make $10 in the last week, with over 500 clicks and 10,000 impressions. I have been hitting my head against the wall trying to figure out whats going on. Is no one really shopping online for the holidays?!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Has anyone addressed this with CJ? The lack of accountability here is just amazing.
    I've written twice, with no response.

Does anyone else have "invalid links" messages for their eBay links? In the past couple of weeks, I've had hundreds of "invalid" ebay links, according to cj. This makes NO sense to me, because all of my links are created with the eBay flex tool. How can eBay report to cj that the links are invalid, when they're the ones that gave me the freakin' links? Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! (My ebay commission is now down about 90% from this time last month.)

Quote Originally Posted by BeerNuts
    Maybe this is my problem...

I have only managed to make $10 in the last week, with over 500 clicks and 10,000 impressions. I have been hitting my head against the wall trying to figure out whats going on. Is no one really shopping online for the holidays?!
    Pretty sure it's their new "guest registration" feature ... I'm going to have to look for another steady stream of affiliate revenue if they don't cease this feature or at least ensure we get something from a guest registering.

Ebay has been slow to respond to the questions from everyone...

If you haven't done so already - read the discussion board on the affilates page on ebay.com

My only question is - did they know they were going to do this ... and that's why they raised the commission a few months back? If so, that's pretty shady. Hope that is not the case.

reference: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200711151149402.html

Apparently, eBay has decided to roll out the guest buyer feature to all of their categories. This decision has more to do with making buying more convenient than having to do with the affiliate program. While this certainly will affect ACRUs, there should be some positive gains in the number of sales. Unfortunately, because ACRUs are worth significantly more, the overall effect is a decrease in earnings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast