Sorry for the beginner questions folks, but I am starting to get desperate/disturbed.

When a transaction (sale) is completed, what is the tracking process? And how long does it take for the transaction to show up in CJ's system?

Is there ever a time where sales etc may not show up for a few days?

Do some merchants take longer to report than others?

thanks all.

Game on!!!!

It's a crap shoot. I had them post anywhere from 15 min (from CJ's reported transaction time) to up to 36 hours later. There is always a huge delay when CJ adds new bells and whistles. And during those times I believe some of those transactios are lost in the shuffle. Also you have some merchants that will batch their sales. Accumulating the sales and reporting them at scheduled intervals. Beware of any merchants that do not batch once a day.
    As to the exact process of the reporting maybe CJ will answer that.
    I am starting to think that we might be better off if CJ updated once a day like LS and Befree. I wonder how much time is collectivly lost checking CJ stats every hour or so??

ABW Ambassador
    Regardless of how CJ tells how data is consumed ... There is a problem after the "update"

I have made less in the 3 days following the "update" then the day before the event.

For all of you that see no problem ... Your assigned to a different server or something. How do you explain a solid conversion rate dropping 80% after the "update"

Has me perplexed.

Dave

I agree with Dave. I had 9 sales from a merchant the day before the update, and usually I have at least 4 sales. Then the day of update, not one sale from that merchant, nor today. How do you find out what server you are on??? I too am frustrated with this.

ABW Ambassador
    You can't ... You just have to trust the "trusted third party" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Dave

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Give the reporting system a bit longer to catch-up. When the eBay transaction tap was turned back on, I'd say there would've been a HUGE whack of transactions for the reporting system to process.

Patience, my son.

I'd like to ask another newbie question - apologies if this is old ground - but how exactly does our "trusted 3rd party" track actual sales?

I can see it is easy for them to track impressions and click throughs with a good degree of accuracy - but how do they know if the visitor we send to a merchant actually buys - are they depending 100% on the honesty of merchants to report their sales, or do they have some kind of tracking method in place?

Are they just relying on the fact that if merchants don't declare any sales their EPC stats will be crap and nobody will sign up?

Dave hit the nail on the head. CJ site updates always slows things down for a while.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread